PDA

View Full Version : Decission time?

Neish
03/02/2009, 9:42 PM
Anyone know when is the decission on who wilr be in the Premier Division and who in the 1st Divison is going to be made? Will have to be soon in order to get the fixtures sorted. I mean it only 4 or 5 weeks till the 2009 season kicks off .

DmanDmythDledge
03/02/2009, 9:43 PM
Something like the 16th Feb. Won't be for about 2 weeks anyway.

Town Legend
03/02/2009, 9:48 PM
Think it will be the way it is at the moment, no one moving up and no one moving down

Battery Rover
03/02/2009, 9:55 PM
Sunday 15th

TheBoss
03/02/2009, 10:39 PM
I can not see any movements now, I think the way the divisions are at the moment will stay.

Battery Rover
03/02/2009, 10:43 PM
I can not see any movements now, I think the way the divisions are at the moment will stay.

I feel there will be changes. A lot of stuff that nobody had heard seemed to appear last week in the press ie. wages

eamo1
03/02/2009, 10:45 PM
Its unfair if it does stay the same.Drogs lived WAYYYYY beyond their means and thus had an unfair advantage and all they got was 10points docked.All clubs could have done what Drogs(and to a lesser extent Cork) did so.Galway were in danger of breaching the salary cap and were living beyond their means for a short period.However they took action and cut 6 players.They need not have bothered now because it turns out living wayyyyyy beyond your means still gets you an A licence which is a f**kin JOKE.:mad:

KevB76
04/02/2009, 6:34 PM
Its unfair if it does stay the same.Drogs lived WAYYYYY beyond their means and thus had an unfair advantage and all they got was 10points docked.All clubs could have done what Drogs(and to a lesser extent Cork) did so.Galway were in danger of breaching the salary cap and were living beyond their means for a short period.However they took action and cut 6 players.They need not have bothered now because it turns out living wayyyyyy beyond your means still gets you an A licence which is a f**kin JOKE.:mad:

A 10 point deduction would have relegated Galway

garyderry
04/02/2009, 6:41 PM
A 10 point deduction would have relegated Galway

but if they kept the 6 players, they probably would have had a much better chance of staying in the premier even with a 10-point deduction

KevB76
04/02/2009, 6:49 PM
but if they kept the 6 players, they probably would have had a much better chance of staying in the premier even with a 10-point deduction

Maybe, but on the other hand they were firmly rooted to the bottom of the table whilst they had the extra 6 players!

Celdrog
04/02/2009, 7:16 PM
All clubs could have done what Drogs(and to a lesser extent Cork) did so.And they all would have got a 10 point deduction.
Remember your post when it all goes belly up in Oriel thanks to Mr "Spendrift" Connor

eamo1
04/02/2009, 11:49 PM
You've got the wrong Eamo here Cell drog.Im "Eamo1" a Galway uTD fan.I am aware there is another Eamo on this site who is a Dundalk fan so i understand your mistake.:),and thank you GaryDerry for expanding my point pretty well.

WoodquayBoy
05/02/2009, 9:59 AM
The best thing we did was act to cut costs by getting rid of the 6 players because, with the exception of Deegan, they were pants and we actually improved once they left!

shep
05/02/2009, 10:38 AM
And they all would have got a 10 point deduction.
Remember your post when it all goes belly up in Oriel thanks to Mr "Spendrift" Connor

Dundalk are spending within their means...like you guys were even paying Tim Dalton 700 a week to be your goalkeeper coach FFS...Drogheda fans cant lecture anybody on overspending!!! Its back to being the Sh*t club Sh*t fans you were for decades.

Louth4sam
05/02/2009, 12:39 PM
And they all would have got a 10 point deduction.

Big difference in spending 45k a week on wags and the 12k we're spending. Like most Dundalk fan's i look forward to the derbies and to the extra revenue they will bring my club, but from a fairness point of view both yourselves and cork got off far too lightly.

Kildareman
05/02/2009, 2:50 PM
If it remained as it is, would anyone be surprised.
The information from clubs cant be trusted as there is just as much misinformation circulating. One glaring example is Cobh. They are now financially secure after all the meetings, splits etc going on.
I think I'll just wait and see and do my best not to be shocked.

KevB76
05/02/2009, 5:24 PM
Big difference in spending 45k a week on wags and the 12k we're spending.

Jesus! There's some lucky ladies around Drogheda :eek:

eamo1
08/02/2009, 8:46 PM
I heard yesterday that the only club up the creek for any licence is Cobh Ramblers.Looks more then likely they wont get one.Every other club will get one but remains to be seen which one Drogs and Cork get.

pineapple stu
08/02/2009, 9:11 PM
Jesus! There's some lucky ladies around Drogheda :eek:
E48k a week reported last week during the court hearing.