PDA

View Full Version : Registar As A Charity

the sub
03/02/2009, 10:36 AM
Is Cobh Ramblers registered as a Charity if not why not.
The benifits of a club registering as a charity is hugh where self employed people or businesses who want to donate to Cobh Ramblers.
The business can claim 41% tax deduction on charity donations over 250 euro per year.
If a company or business person donate 1,000 euro to Cobh Ramblers they can claim 410.00 euro back on tax, they can donate as much as they wish but must be over 250 euro.
Cobh must first register as a charity,I know a few soccer clubs who have registered and avail of this concept.
This would be a great opporunity and a benfit to businesses wishing to donate to your club.Also if a business person want to re -donate the tax they can also do that so the club will then get 1410.00 euro intotal.
Contact your officers of the club to see if they are registered

Comic Book Guy
03/02/2009, 10:47 AM
Not a bad idea tbh, I think you can also get registered as a non-profit organisation,loads of gaa clubs and junior soccer clubs have this. I think the revenue website may have a list of these clubs. The advantage of that is that any individual company that sponsor you can claim 42% of it back.

Redshanks
04/02/2009, 9:23 AM
Sounds very interesting. I think our club could learn an awful lot from the GAA and how they do things.

I'm surprised to hear that other football clubs are registered as charities, sounds strange how they would qualify as such, but I suppose anything is possible in the country.

Well worth exploring further.

passerrby
04/02/2009, 12:39 PM
great idea but dont think its possible i looked at the tax exemtion list and while there is some jounier soccer clubs i did not see any Loi clubs

pineapple stu
04/02/2009, 1:00 PM
UCD AFC are a charity. Get the tax exemptions noted.

the sub
04/02/2009, 1:08 PM
great idea but dont think its possible i looked at the tax exemtion list and while there is some jounier soccer clubs i did not see any Loi clubs

makes no difference junior, schoolboys or LOI get the papers and set it up

Ram72
04/02/2009, 1:28 PM
makes no difference junior, schoolboys or LOI get the papers and set it up
Well if it makes no difference lets get it sorted a.s.a.p. The worst that will happen is we're told we don't qualify.