PDA

View Full Version : Golden Goal Monster Draw Could Raise 50k

akearins
03/02/2009, 9:12 AM
http://www.thebitored.com/

Lads hers a simple one.Wed 11th Ireland V Georgia WCQ .Now this can be done in the local pub (or at work or in street local community)

1.Monster Golden Goal (based on 25 pubs)
Simply print of a sheet with 0-90 mins.(91 tickets)
Each line can be either €5 winner takes €200 and then €250 to the cause
4 pubs would raise €1,000
25 pubs €6250.

Better still a line could be €10 winner takes €400 and then €510 to the cause.
2 pubs would raise €1,100

There is over 90 pubs in Sligo town & excess of 100 including the county.
If we got 25 pubs @ at €10 per line we have €12,750 .

Best case scenario total pot is donated @ €10 a line(based on 25 pubs) resulting in

91 x €10 = 910 x 25 = €22,750.

Dream scenario scenario each line is €20 and winner donates pot.
91 x €20 = €1820 x 25(pubs) = €45,500

Result Cooke stays, NO questions

If done for the Ireland Georgia game we have a week to get ready and could start selling in your pub from this weekend.
Anyone interested PM me or mail me at alan@thebitored or ring me at 0866022982 and I will get sheets and pub names & contacts.

We can do a tally over local radio for that night to total all pubs involved.

Every pub participating will get free advertising on Trust website,Photo on site with donations and anything we can do for the pub.
Option B - Agan for ireland Georgia game.

Have a glass on a table.5 -10 lads at each table. Each man puts in €5 to €10 each half.Glass passes around the table every time there the ball goes dead from
Throw ins -Corners - Free Kicks -Over end line
Glass passses on to next person in circle.
Whoever has the glass when the 1st goal is scored get 25 -50% of pot and rest to the cause.

akearins
03/02/2009, 1:39 PM
103 views and not one reply,not a single offer of help,not a call e-mail or even a reply on the forum.Thanks lads.
Proves the point that the majority of people on this forum only want to have a good rant but when asked to help hide their heads in the sand .
Come on 103 views surely someone can give us a hand with this, surely some of ye must know a publican who you can approach to see if they would be interetsed.
LADS STOP WAITING ON OTHERS TO GET US OUT OF THIS HOLE,BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T IT WIL NOT HAPPEN AND WHO WILL YOU BLAME THEN.
EVERYONE HAS TO PLAY A PART

Rory H
03/02/2009, 1:51 PM
Not sure if I can sell 91 in one pub will do it in a few if needs be. Maybe get sheets and tickets ready for Thursday? Could print them off myself if that is better....

Dodge
03/02/2009, 2:00 PM
Not sure if I can sell 91 in one pub will do it in a few if needs be. Maybe get sheets and tickets ready for Thursday? Could print them off myself if that is better....

Why not sell them in the run up to the game in work places, schools, colleges etc

Rory H
03/02/2009, 2:04 PM
Cos I spend most of my time in the pub:D

akearins
03/02/2009, 2:05 PM
lads not looking for just one person to sell 91 lines but to take responsibility to contact their local pub to see if they are interested in the fundraiser.
One pub may sell a line at €20 anther may sell more at €10 just need to know before we waste any money printing cards

akearins
05/02/2009, 8:46 AM
lads have 6 takers so far for Golden goals, may have cards tonight.
So if anyone thinks they can shift them between now and Thursday let me know.Even if we sold 25 cards @ €5 per line with €100 to winner we'd still make €8,875.

Kevin L
05/02/2009, 9:46 AM
would it be possible to organise a table at the door as people come in with members of the trust at it. you could have your forms there and if you dont have your golden goals ready you could have 2 sheets with lines on them from 1-91.you could have 2 amounts say 2 and 5-that covers everybodys pocket. when you get your golden goals you can draw them then. you could have an attendance record and get people to sign in and give contact details-sort of a database for yourself that you can use during the year to keep people informed-you can add to it at each meting. as people come in you can get loads of money off them!!

akearins
05/02/2009, 2:15 PM
Will have GG cards this evening at forum.Also will ahve some standing order forms.But if you just take the account details bank will set it up for you when you go in