PDA

View Full Version : Some Very Stupid Questions, Some Assumptions and a VERY SIMPLE SOLUTION

sligo1
02/02/2009, 11:10 PM
Assumptions:

Players Budget is 9,000 euro per week
Players Budget is 65% of Income per week
If 9,000 euro = 65%, then 4,846 euro = 35%

First Stupid Question-What do we spend 4,846 euro a week on?

Let’s assume the following:

Club’s share of CPO is 300 euro per week
Secretary/Girl in Office is 300 euro per week
Difference so far is 4,246 euro per week
Miscellaneous Expenses are 1,246 euro per week
Difference now is 3,000 euro per week

Next Stupid Question-So who else has to get paid each week?

Let’s assume Paul Cooke and Gerry Carr

According to our Chairman, we need 60,000 euro which is to be spent on 2 players
This works out at 1,154 euro per week
We need to prove to the FAI that we can generate an additional 1,154 euro per week in order to increase our Budget

So where can we get this Additional 1,154 euro from?

Let’s assume the following:

Bit O’ Red 2 euro Fundraiser have approx 60 members and with a push should have no problem reaching 200 members before the deadline and maybe more.

Additional Fundraisers, Donations etc should raise 10,000 euro before the deadline.

Bit O’ Red should bring in an extra 400 euro per week
Additional Fundraisers should bring in 192 euro per week
This gives a total of 592 euro per week so far
I have no doubt that with the goodwill of Sligo people from home and away, there is a good chance that this figure will increase.

So Far….

We need an extra 1,154 euro per week and we have found 592 euro of that leaving a deficit of 562 euro per week

VERY SIMPLE SOLUTION

Paul Cooke has stated that he is very well paid so if himself and Gerry Carr are that well paid, maybe they could make up the difference?

The Club/Chairman could have asked Paul to meet them half way and take a reduction/deferral in wages himself until they got things sorted. But No as usual somebody put their size 15’s in it and caused all this hassle with the FAI, the Players, the Supporters and the General Public.

So MY SOLUTION for what it is worth, is PAUL, if you are reading this, as a gesture of Goodwill to the people of Sligo who are paying you a very good/substantial wage,

Take a paycut, get back to work and less of the Hissy Fits.

If you are man enough to do this and have the balls to trust the people of Sligo, they wont let you down and you will find that in a short time you would get your money back no problem.

Another SOLUTION would be to allocate a % of Seamie’s money towards the Players Budget but that would make sense.

Why do Sligo Rovers as a Club always seem to make a mess of things when we have so much going for us?

Fabrizio
02/02/2009, 11:17 PM
this whole thread is based on assumptions!! it makes no sense at all!!

u make it sound very simple!!

sligo1
02/02/2009, 11:35 PM
Believe it or not Fabrizio, the best solutions or ideas in life or in business are usually the simple ones.

The only 2 FACTs in this thread is that Paul Cooke is on a very substantial wage as quoted by himself and that the Bit O' Red Fundraiser has 60 members.

I am quite confident that the above assumptions will become facts in 2 weeks time ie the Bit O' Red Fundraiser will have 200 members and there will be another 10,000 euro raised that I am prepared to put up a small wager of 100 euro if you are interested-money goes to charity.If by 12 midnight on Valentines Day, the Bit O' Red dont have 200 members and there is not another 10,000 raised I will donate 100 euro to a charity of your choice. My preferred charity is the North West Hospice.

Rory H
03/02/2009, 2:23 PM
your charity should be Paul Cook if you're cutting his wages....

tiktok
03/02/2009, 2:36 PM
Assumptions:

Players Budget is 9,000 euro per week
Players Budget is 65% of Income per week
If 9,000 euro = 65%, then 4,846 euro = 35%

First Stupid Question-What do we spend 4,846 euro a week on?

Players are 65% of income, that doesn't mean you have to spend the other 35% at all.

A bus to an away game would probably run about €1,000
There are many aspects of the projected income that require an outlay upfront that you're not factoring in, e.g. the programme printing costs which brings in programme sales revenue, matchnight admin costs which bring in ticket revenue. It's not all wages.