PDA

View Full Version : Fundraising ideas

Rory H
02/02/2009, 1:04 PM
Right, enough of the conspiracy theories, however true or now, let's try to propose some positive ideas.

There'll be a meeting on Thursday and then there's the event in the Southern on Saturday too. But what else? Valentine's Day could be good - slave auction among the fans? :D he he. (Rovers1 has already bid for sligoman:D).

Trust have a publication reviewing the 2008 season that will be out by the end of the week all going well, hoping to raise a four figure sum from that.

What about a sponsored football match between Rovers personalities and supporters?

Poker tournament, maybe €25 in among as many as possible on Friday night?

Five-a-side tournament, €50 per team , see how many we could get and arrange a prize?

Forza Rovers- How about making a banner to auction off in The Southern on Saturday?

Sean South
02/02/2009, 3:48 PM
Some good ideas there Rory

Forza Rovers- How about making a banner to auction off in The Southern on Saturday?

Might be a bit late doing anything new now. But if you want any of our materials from last year let me know

dublinred
04/02/2009, 12:08 PM
Play the European games in flancare , should free a lot of money out of the budgets.

longfordjames
04/02/2009, 12:40 PM
Season Review DVD?

Redie
04/02/2009, 3:40 PM
I know this was mentioned somewhere already but last year the super reds was only €5 and as someone with two kids who sign up every year I would have no problem paying €20 each and it would still be fantastic value. Also maybe a teenager season ticket for €30 or €40 could also be offered.

If names for the super reds were collected before 14th February at these prices and added up surely that could be added to the funds. Maybe a registration by email could be organised.

dublinred
04/02/2009, 4:19 PM
What about naming rights to the showgrounds seems to be a money spinner for a few clubs and the FAI.

dong
04/02/2009, 4:27 PM
As mentioned on another thread, could the players not be approached on taking a small pay cut themselves to generate more funds?
Theres plenty of us who have just lost jobs or had big chunks of our wages cut.

Redkenrover
04/02/2009, 10:38 PM
I know this was mentioned somewhere already but last year the super reds was only €5 and as someone with two kids who sign up every year I would have no problem paying €20 each and it would still be fantastic value. Also maybe a teenager season ticket for €30 or €40 could also be offered.

If names for the super reds were collected before 14th February at these prices and added up surely that could be added to the funds. Maybe a registration by email could be organised.

Posted this on another thread about the super reds. Was looking in the programme of the Bray Wanderers game and noted that the last number was 158. My son was number over 160 or something so I assume that means there was in excess of 160 kids signed up.
I know it was only €5 to join, which I thought was a bit mad as the kids get a free T-shirt and entry into games, but if we could replicate this and say charge €10, (which I still think is great value) this would raise €1600. Less of course the cost of producing the membership card, this would still be a small contribution towards our target. Would have no problem paying €20.
Could this be organised through the paypal scheme where we could register and pay now and then get the picture done at a later date.

MMVIII
06/02/2009, 1:35 PM
I know its simple and embarrising for some but buckets around town?

dong
06/02/2009, 1:54 PM
Last Updated: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 18:06
Bohs players agree pay cut

CARL O'MALLEY

The 12 contracted players at Bohemians have agreed a pay cut with the club that will allow the Dublin side complete the recruitment of four new signings and meet the requirements for a league licence. While unhappy with the manner in which the agreement has come about, the players said today the interests of the club at a time of financial strain were paramount.

In a statement released by the Professional Footballers Association of Ireland (PFAI), players welcomed the end of a “stressful situation” and insisted they are “committed to the management goal of team strengthening”.
“The serious wage cuts to which we have agreed may create some personal difficulties for us in our domestic lives but we are conscious that most of the country is in the same position,” it continued.
“Contrary to popular belief, footballers in this league do not earn large sums of money and our careers are very short.
“It is also very disappointing that negotiations with certain players were handled in an unsatisfactory manner. Nonetheless, we must draw a line under this now and concentrate on preparing for the new season in which we hope to replicate the success of last year.”
PFAI General Secretary Stephen McGuinness added none of the players “held the club to ransom” and expressed hope that their cooperation would not be forgotten.
"Once again it’s down to the players to assist a club in gaining an FAI Club License and remain competitive for the season ahead," said McGuinness.
“The players have put aside their own personal financial gain for the better of the club and it must be noted that contrary to some peoples opinion players have not held the club to ransom in these negotiations.
"We hope that the players’ actions at this point will be remembered and rewarded by the club when it reviews its recruitment procedure for season 2010.”
The agreement affords Bohs the chance to finalise the deals on offer to former Drogheda United duo Paul Keegan and Brian Shelley, as well as Cameroonian midfielder Joseph N’do and goalkeeper Matt Gregg

Why not us???

kkontour
06/02/2009, 2:53 PM

Why not us???
Do you know what Bohs players were on before the pay cut? or how much they will be on now.
Do you think that rovers players will be on more wages than Bohs players, even after the cut.
No one really knows except Bohs players and management, but from some of the figures touted last season I would say they will do alright.
Also, with the approved FAI budget for rovers, I would say rovers players wages are low enough as they are.

Maybe thats why.
KK

dong
06/02/2009, 3:03 PM
No, I didn't know.
Only asked the question ya psycho!

dong
06/02/2009, 3:44 PM
According to the bit o red website, Gerry Carr said the players did take a pay cut.

Shiba
06/02/2009, 4:08 PM

It was €10 last year but ya was great value and I have 3 going this year still €20 be great value.

Shiba
06/02/2009, 4:13 PM
Last Updated: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 18:06

CARL O'MALLEY

The 12 contracted players at Bohemians have agreed a pay cut with the club that will allow the Dublin side complete the recruitment of four new signings and meet the requirements for a league licence. While unhappy with the manner in which the agreement has come about, the players said today the interests of the club at a time of financial strain were paramount.

In a statement released by the Professional Footballers Association of Ireland (PFAI), players welcomed the end of a “stressful situation” and insisted they are “committed to the management goal of team strengthening”.
“The serious wage cuts to which we have agreed may create some personal difficulties for us in our domestic lives but we are conscious that most of the country is in the same position,” it continued.
“Contrary to popular belief, footballers in this league do not earn large sums of money and our careers are very short.
“It is also very disappointing that negotiations with certain players were handled in an unsatisfactory manner. Nonetheless, we must draw a line under this now and concentrate on preparing for the new season in which we hope to replicate the success of last year.”
PFAI General Secretary Stephen McGuinness added none of the players “held the club to ransom” and expressed hope that their cooperation would not be forgotten.
"Once again it’s down to the players to assist a club in gaining an FAI Club License and remain competitive for the season ahead," said McGuinness.
“The players have put aside their own personal financial gain for the better of the club and it must be noted that contrary to some peoples opinion players have not held the club to ransom in these negotiations.
"We hope that the players’ actions at this point will be remembered and rewarded by the club when it reviews its recruitment procedure for season 2010.”
The agreement affords Bohs the chance to finalise the deals on offer to former Drogheda United duo Paul Keegan and Brian Shelley, as well as Cameroonian midfielder Joseph N’do and goalkeeper Matt Gregg

Why not us???

We have a country in crisis,are you willing to take a pay cut to help get out of that.Why should the players be expected to? The only reason I'd say the Bohs took a paycut was they realised that they be still on a better wage even with bohs than going to any other club.

red metal
06/02/2009, 4:53 PM
According to the bit o red website, Gerry Carr said the players did take a pay cut.

I was at the fourm meeting last night.And Gerry Carr said the players have allready taken a pay cut.He didnt go into great detail.And fairplay to the squad for doing so.

kkontour
07/02/2009, 10:55 AM
No, I didn't know.
Only asked the question ya psycho!
And I only answered it.

Also, No Need for the personal comments

MervilleUnited
08/02/2009, 10:26 AM
Think the 2 euro a week Idea is a simple but excellent Idea. Only that the Direct Debit Idea is one that people are reluctant to do in any numbers, as it involves going to a bank, giving details etc. Maybe a SMS Subscription campaign, with maybe an Information Text every week might work for the modern supporter. Anyone know how many signed up for the free FAI texts? Would say the majority of those would sign up for a 2 euro a week text. It makes it easy to opt in, and indeed opt out, of supporting rovers, and give somthing in return.
Had a look on the web http://www.mxtelecom.com/uk/smsg/premium/ie seems to have good info on how to set up such a service.