02/02/2009, 9:07 AM
What a finish....

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

noby
02/02/2009, 9:17 AM
I only managed the first half.

eamo1
02/02/2009, 10:11 AM
I've been a Steelers fan for the last 5 years and i was going crazy at 3am last night.Thought when Fitzgerald went in that we had left the win behind us but what a final drive.Holmes has his critics,myself included but he delivered big time last night.Harrison's interception return was incredible.Big Ben now has 2 Rings for a supposed "average" Q.B,ya right:rolleyes:.

Dodge
02/02/2009, 10:16 AM
He is an average QB. 1 TD in two superbowls. He'd make a fine linebacker/tight end though ;)

Gutted for the cardinals

Aberdonian Stu
02/02/2009, 10:22 AM
Roethlisberger is a far above average QB. He doesn't put up gaudy stats but bar Brady no-one controls a game better than him at present. His first Super Bowl was a nightmare that he survived, in this one his numbers might have been dwarfed by Warner's, but in the clutch he got it done.

Dodge
02/02/2009, 10:26 AM
I was joking. He's a born winner and always performs under pressure. He was excellent last night too.

joeSoap
02/02/2009, 10:30 AM
He's a big guy....monster size for a QB. I thought he was very unlucky not to score the TD off the first drive where his knee was judged to be down. Entertaining game, lots of talking points but I felt for the Cardinals...how close can you get?

paudie
02/02/2009, 11:09 AM
Felt sorry for the Cards, having come from 13 points down.
A few bad errors on defense killed them on the last drive.

For someone who started watching SuperBowls in the 80's when they were all blowouts, the last few close finishes have been brilliant

Boo_Boy
02/02/2009, 9:00 PM
If the Cards could get big ben down all those times he was running around like a chicken being chased by Colonel Sanders, If the DB that was covering Santonio didn't slip, if there wasn't so many penalties....you get the point.

So unlucky for the Cards, but fair play to Pittsburg, they got it done in the end.

Pike B
02/02/2009, 9:49 PM
Great game, perhaps too many penalties, but still an excellent finish. 100 yard TD, was incredible...
Roll on next season..

max power
03/02/2009, 9:16 AM
Great game, perhaps too many penalties, but still an excellent finish. 100 yard TD, was incredible...
Roll on next season..

watching him afterwards with the oxygen mask on was funny, fitness is not his strong point:D

but enjoyed the game, but what a small crowd. Bloody pirate ship !!!

Pike B
03/02/2009, 8:34 PM
watching him afterwards with the oxygen mask on was funny, fitness is not his strong point:D

but enjoyed the game, but what a small crowd. Bloody pirate ship !!!
It's a disgrace that thing. Last Tampa coach wanted it gone. He wants it back now, he go bye bye!!

Dodge
03/02/2009, 9:54 PM
The pirate ship is great

boo-urns to anyone who thinks differently

Pike B
03/02/2009, 10:05 PM
The pirate ship is great

boo-urns to anyone who thinks differently
Your just a big kid at heart aren't you?

Dodge
03/02/2009, 10:11 PM
Absolutely

Plus american sports are at least as much about entertainment as they are sport

Pike B
03/02/2009, 10:18 PM
Absolutely

Plus american sports are at least as much about entertainment as they are sport
I hate every American sport, but love NFL. It's incredible. Anyone want a real good look at it's history, check out Americas Game on Sky. Brilliantly made documentary charting each Superbowl winner from 1966 to present day. 85 Bears, and 72 Dolphins are the pick of the bunch..

eamo1
03/02/2009, 10:50 PM
America's game is good alright.Another good one is Live Wire.they show clips of some players who have mics hooked onto their helmets.You can hear them thrash talking the opposition and especially the opposing QB,its funny:).The sound of the impact in the hits is good too.

Aberdonian Stu
03/02/2009, 10:57 PM
The footage America's Game uses is by the NFL Films team. Gives a really different look to the game. I love it.

max power
04/02/2009, 8:14 AM
The footage America's Game uses is by the NFL Films team. Gives a really different look to the game. I love it.

well said, really lets you learn the history of the game.

Pike B
04/02/2009, 4:18 PM
well said, really lets you learn the history of the game.
Hey I said that!! ;)

Aberdonian Stu
04/02/2009, 4:22 PM
Classic bit of NFL Films here for ye. It's called The Autumn Wind, the voiceover is by 'The Voice of God' John Facenda.

XmiVYFueNvQ

I'm not a Raiders fan but damn this is good.

strangeirish
04/02/2009, 5:42 PM
NFL films has a great way of presenting their stuff, from the camera angles and music to the narration of the late John Facenda. Each clip is like an epic story.

Dodge
04/02/2009, 6:32 PM
For those who don't know TV3 show NFl hiughlights on a Thursday night throughout the season. The footage used is the NFL films stuff

Always fascinating

Pike B
04/02/2009, 8:44 PM
For those who don't know TV3 show NFl hiughlights on a Thursday night throughout the season. The footage used is the NFL films stuff

Always fascinating
Hmm, didn't know that. I was fed up of Sky's new 'Lets show the Americans highlight show'. It's rubbish. They used to have a great show on a Saturday morning with Kevin Cadle doing a quick run through of the weeks games. It was excellent. Might check out TV3 next season.

Anyone watching the Pro Bowl??

Aberdonian Stu
04/02/2009, 11:12 PM
No. It's a farce of a game.

Pike B
05/02/2009, 8:14 PM
No. It's a farce of a game.
Anyone else?? :D

Boo_Boy
05/02/2009, 9:40 PM
I hate the TV3 highlights show. The camera angles are terrible, i still watch it for some reason.

Camera angles are the same as with America's Game, i don't mind the camera angles in that, but not when im trying to watch games that happened a few days previous..Gameday for me.

Pike B
05/02/2009, 10:20 PM
I hate the TV3 highlights show. The camera angles are terrible, i still watch it for some reason.

Camera angles are the same as with America's Game, i don't mind the camera angles in that, but not when im trying to watch games that happened a few days previous..Gameday for me.
This season passed I've a new system.
I record the live games with Skyplus. Then watch them in my own time, fast forwarding all the crap.
Still, thats only two or three games. The highlights shows are what let Sky down. Channel 4 had a brilliant one when I was growing up. Thats what got me into NFL.

Dodge
05/02/2009, 10:43 PM
NFL game day is a fine highlights show. Pretty much all of it is online too

The NFL films stuff is a nice compliment

Pike B
12/02/2009, 7:56 AM
Brett Favre is finally hanging up his jockstrap... :(

What a legend. NFL will miss him big time.

Boo_Boy
12/02/2009, 9:55 AM
He should re-join the Packers and retire a packer, he was there 16 seasons after all..

Pike B
12/02/2009, 10:52 AM
He should re-join the Packers and retire a packer, he was there 16 seasons after all..
Went sour there for him didn't it?

Dodge
12/02/2009, 11:56 AM
Not really. He said he was retring so the pack announced that Rodgers would be starter. Then Favre announced he wanted to come back but there wasn't space for him at Green Bay anymore. Might've been the odd nose out of joint but nothing too bad.

Great player. Shame the final 4 games were so tough for him

Pike B
12/02/2009, 12:25 PM
Not really. He said he was retring so the pack announced that Rodgers would be starter. Then Favre announced he wanted to come back but there wasn't space for him at Green Bay anymore. Might've been the odd nose out of joint but nothing too bad.

Great player. Shame the final 4 games were so tough for him
Sounds sour to me.. :p

Anyways, it was time to end it in my opinion.
Hall of Fame in the near future I expect.