PDA

View Full Version : Pats and City bitchfest: part infinity

Pages : [1] 2

Peadar
19/11/2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by wws
Limerick would be better for the league than cork IMO.

Likewise I think Dublin City would be better for the league than Pats. They're a new, progressive club with a positive attitude and they're not based in the south inner city.
This season Pats played above themselves when the visited Cork because the felt they had something to prove against their old manager. It will be hard for you to motivate yourselves in the same way again next season. The glory days are gone for the Inchicore boys. When Rovers move to Tallaght there will be clear divide in Dublin football.
The crap clubs of UCD, Rovers and Pats south of the river and the powerhouses of Dublin City, Shelbourne and Bohs north or it.
You're probably getting really depressed now reading this wws. It's doom and gloom at the stadium of light and you're beginning to realise it.

wws
19/11/2003, 10:32 AM
"They're a new, progressive club with a positive attitude and they're not based in the south inner city."

What makes you think they'll be based on the northside next season? They're on the move and options are thin on the ground.

"This season Pats played above themselves when the visited Cork because the felt they had something to prove against their old manager."

In fairness we got a win and a draw without ever really playing well.

"It will be hard for you to motivate yourselves in the same way again next season. The glory days are gone for the Inchicore boys. When Rovers move to Tallaght there will be clear divide in Dublin football."

thats ok so, as shamrock won't be going to Tallaght any time soon.

"The crap clubs of UCD, Rovers and Pats south of the river and the powerhouses of Dublin City, Shelbourne and Bohs north or it."

actually 2/3's of the domestic silver this year was dominated by Pats and Longford, we carved it up between ourselves. The gap between us and the win f all clubs like bohs and cork is widening.

"You're probably getting really depressed now reading this wws."

no, I think its a bit of a laugh actually.

Peadar
19/11/2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by wws
In fairness we got a win and a draw without ever really playing well.

You never play well, that's your problem.
That's as good as it gets for you.
You're always saying crap like, "we won without playing well", "we had our youth team out" or "we had our reserves."
That doesn't win you the league it's just the smokescreen by Pats fans to mask the glaring fact that you're rubbish.
You bored us into submission at Turners Cross this season.

Originally posted by wws
actually 2/3's of the domestic silver this year was dominated by Pats and Longford,

The League Cup is a glammed up tin of beans!
It's only worth a few quid and doesn't even get you into Europe.
I wouldn't talk about your success this season if that's all you have to crow about. Longford "carved" you up in the FAI Cup Final and showed you up for the poor side you are.
Bring on Dublin City FC.

SÓC
19/11/2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by wws
The gap between us and the win f all clubs like bohs and cork is widening.

Well at least you can see that there is a serious gap developing and that Pats are being left behind. And not just by City, Bohs and Shels. Longford are now a bigger club than ye. Yerself and the homeless can fight over who's the best of the "former greats".

As Coach Don said, Micky Mouse Cups are for Micky Mouse Clubs.

ccfc till i die
19/11/2003, 10:54 AM
Oh yes you and longford "carved" it up between you. As if the two of you are dominating forces in the LOI.

It's funny we got a win and a draw at richmond park in the league this year without really playing (and without John O' Flynn).

Dodge
19/11/2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Peadar
The League Cup is a glammed up tin of beans!

So why were you (plural) so upset when our Kids knocked you out. ;)

Pats are nowhere near good enough to sustain a league challenge. Neither are Cork nor Longford.

Last season we needed a late winner against you to save ourselves from the play off. This year we'll place 3rd/4th/5th. We reached the Cup final and won the 3rd competition. Our style of football, although not perfect, has improved dramatically. Our crowds are up hugely. They've faded since the cup win but we're still up from last season. Now, by any standerds, that is a MASSIVE improvement.

Cork haven't really progressed this year

Peadar
19/11/2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Dodge

I think the general feeling in Cork would be that our progress this year has been more like a wound up coil ready to spring into action next season and challenge for the league. We now see great potential in our squad. Finishing 3rd in the league this season would be satisfactory since, like yourselves, we had a new management team. We're only a Kevin Hunt and an Owen Heary off having a great team.

Peadar
19/11/2003, 11:23 AM
you (plural)

I thought the plural of "you" in Dublin is "youse"? :D

patsh
19/11/2003, 11:23 AM
There we are now lads,
Mr KnowF*ckingEverything has spoken.......:rolleyes:

Just remember the words of that great man Albert Einstein
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

“One thing I’ve learned about St Pats is that they are like a big dysfunctional family with small what's-his-name as their daddy. They call themselves the Red Army, in honour of the pathetic shambles of the same name in Russia, and all do their part in holding up that massive chip bearing down on their shoulders. What we’ve done is a large part down to obsession, bitterness and pettiness. When we are one nil down we can still hoof that ball"
Somebody making some statement, 2003

wws
19/11/2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Conor74
This thread started out as a simple thank you by a Limerick fan to Cork City fans.

Apparently not even that can go without an objection or comment by a Pats fan these days.

If we all agreed that Pats are The Most Massive Club Of All Time With The Bestest Manager, would that finish it?

bout fckn time!

fair play to conor for cutting through the hype and calling it as it is

Dodge
19/11/2003, 11:32 AM
If we all agreed that Pats are The Most Massive Club Of All Time With The Bestest Manager, would that finish it?
But were not, as described above (and countless times over by me)

Pats are not a big club. We never have been and we never will. We're the best club but thats based on my opinion not facts.

BTW Peader if I was a Cork fan I’d be happy enough with this season. And I agree that you’re not far off a good side.

SÓC
19/11/2003, 12:02 PM
I wonder is the fairy tale about the emperor having no clothes ever read up at Pats.

NorthoftheLee
19/11/2003, 12:30 PM
And why the fuc has dubya dubya s got a linfield avatar as he is now clearly a Limerick fan????????:confused:

As conor stated this thread was started by a Lims fans thanking the City fans for giving their support....had to be hijacked into an arguement again....:rolleyes:

Gary
19/11/2003, 12:46 PM
Obsessed.

Isnt it funny how a once proud team (dating back all of 3 months), who were playing such brilliant football, and had such a great spirit, from the "chairman, right down to the tea lady", are now being described by their own as clueless.

The same way as class always shines through, so does mediocrity, and SPA are a prime example of that this season.

lol

:p

wws
19/11/2003, 3:54 PM
Originally posted by NorthoftheLee
And why the fuc has dubya dubya s got a linfield avatar as he is now clearly a Limerick fan????????:confused:

As conor stated this thread was started by a Lims fans thanking the City fans for giving their support....had to be hijacked into an arguement again....:rolleyes:

what the hell is wrong with a Linfield avatar??
its possible to have a few teams other than your first team that you look out for. Linfield are a dacent club, by far the most ambitious in the north of ireland.

Dodge
19/11/2003, 4:47 PM
Not that I'm saying that's what you're doing, just making an observation about life, you know?
In fairness wws regularly goes up and watches Linfield play

Colm
19/11/2003, 4:57 PM
Excuse me now, I just have a couple of questions...
Why did Pats fans get involved in this discussion?
Why are Pats fans so obsessed with CCFC and Pat Dolan?

Lads, ye have got to realise that Pats are a now a nothing club and will never again amount to anything. We, on the other hand, are the biggest club in Ireland and over the next few years we will begin our long term dominance of Irish football.
When we'll be playing Champoins league football, Pats will be a mediocre first division club! :)

WeAreRovers
19/11/2003, 5:11 PM
In fairness wws regularly goes up and watches Linfield play

Tell me this is not true!!!!!!!! If I post this information on the Ultras board WWS will be even more popular at Rovers than he already is. :D

KOH

joe
19/11/2003, 5:46 PM

gotta take you up on this one dodge. maybe you meant we haven't really progressed on the pitch this year, for which there may be an argument, but as a club we have definitely progressed and will continue to over the close season, into next year and as long as lennox is in charge, imo. there's been a lot of work done of the pitch which a lot of people, even in cork, probably don't realise

NorthoftheLee
20/11/2003, 8:24 AM
Originally posted bu DubyaDubyaS
what the hell is wrong with a Linfield avatar??

Nothing at all.......just thought it strange that a Limerick fan would have a linfield avatar instead of a the team that he now supports!

wws
20/11/2003, 1:56 PM
i dont even know where to begin with some of this reaction to an avatar!

incidently i hate the word avatar - anyone else with me on that?

conor interesting observations, rest assured Linfield ARE my team in the northern league as the rest are complete pish
why you consider this "a contrary" position is down to your own prejudices, petty grudges and upbringing and is no reflection on mine - so leave me well outta that argument - I wont even go there

why would following linfield make me popular on the shamrock board? I've no idea and could care less

Peadar
20/11/2003, 2:19 PM
Originally posted by wws
why would following linfield make me popular on the shamrock board?

Sarcasm?
I don't think the lovely chaps on the Rovers board really like you for some reason.

Dodge
20/11/2003, 2:19 PM
Originally posted by Colm

Speaking for myself I got involved as Peader start talking about Pats.

And when was the last time any Pats fan posted about Pat Dolan? This argument finished in May, surely?

Originally posted by joe
gotta take you up on this one dodge. maybe you meant we haven't really progressed on the pitch this year, for which there may be an argument, but as a club we have definitely progressed and will continue to over the close season, into next year and as long as lennox is in charge, imo. there's been a lot of work done of the pitch which a lot of people, even in cork, probably don't realise
Course Joe but using the terms I used (league position, cup runs, football levels, crowds), and to the casual observer, Cork haven't progressed much. Of course there are other factors and a lot of groundwork has to be done before any obvious improvements can be seen. (I also take the point that we had a bit more room to move after last year)

NorthoftheLee
20/11/2003, 2:21 PM
Originally posted by DubyDubyaS
i dont even know where to begin with some of this reaction to an avatar!

conor interesting observations, rest assured Linfield ARE my team in the northern league as the rest are complete pish
why you consider this "a contrary" position is down to your own prejudices, petty grudges and upbringing and is no reflection on mine - so leave me well outta that argument - I wont even go there

well were do I begin......

first of all, I was taking the **** out of your new found love of Limerick, you could have had any avatar other than Limerick and I would still have made the same comment about your avatar. it had nothing specifically to do with Linfield. I couldn't care less about Linfield or any other club in the irish league.

Then to go insinuating that I am somewhat prejudiced and have petty grudges against Linfield is laughable and you should go take a chill pill. Its not like Linfield's a Dublin Club for fuc sake;)??? Maybe this OTT reaction just reflects your own prejudices, petty grudges and upbringing and is certainly no reflection on mine.:rolleyes:

Éanna
20/11/2003, 2:21 PM
split the thread. Limerick fan thanks us for supporting them and it goes off on a slanging match with the SPA fans. keep it on topic please :rolleyes:

wws
20/11/2003, 2:22 PM
my post was deleted it seems?
but peadar quotes from it so it must have been there
bit harsh treatment

Peadar
20/11/2003, 2:23 PM
Speaking for myself I got involved as Peadar start talking about Pats.

I was only rising to the bait laid by wwoose when he said
"Limerick would be better for the league than cork IMO."

wws
20/11/2003, 2:24 PM
a split thread

WeAreRovers
Have to say the Stalinesque censorship of this thread makes it very hard for a thick Dub like meself to follow it. Correct me if I'm wrong but are we still saying that WWS follows the sectarian Hun scum from Windsor Park?

KOH

NorthoftheLee
Éanna could you have waited until I was finished posting as my reply to Dubya looks well out of place in the lfc thank you thread..or just move mine to here....thanking you very much kind sir....:D

NorthoftheLee
20/11/2003, 2:27 PM
dont worry WAR....tis after confusing a mensa member Corkman like me too....:D

Dodge
20/11/2003, 2:31 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
split the thread. Limerick fan thanks us for supporting them and it goes off on a slanging match with the SPA fans. keep it on topic please :rolleyes:
yeah but you split it all over the place...:rolleyes:

This is on the other thread but seeinga s the ones I'm replying to are here....

Originally posted by Colm

Speaking for myself I got involved as Peader start talking about Pats.

And when was the last time any Pats fan posted about Pat Dolan? This argument finished in May, surely?

Originally posted by joe
Course Joe but using the terms I used (league position, cup runs, football levels, crowds), and to the casual observer, Cork haven't progressed much. Of course there are other factors and a lot of groundwork has to be done before any obvious improvements can be seen. (I also take the point that we had a bit more room to move after last year)

Éanna
20/11/2003, 2:36 PM
yeah but you split it all over the place...:rolleyes:

what can I say, someone posted just as i split it- hardly my fault!

joe
20/11/2003, 2:39 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
what can I say, someone posted just as i split it- hardly my fault!

may i suggest you go back to moderating school and resit the 'Thread Splitting 101' module :p :D

WeAreRovers
20/11/2003, 2:44 PM
Well you know what they say about the first item on every Irish agenda - the split! Anyway back to WWS and his lifelong love of Linfield....

KOH

Éanna
20/11/2003, 2:47 PM
Originally posted by joe
may i suggest you go back to moderating school and resit the 'Thread Splitting 101' module :p :D
i wouldn't have touched it if someone else had split it hours and hours ago when it went off topic :)

Schumi
20/11/2003, 2:56 PM
Originally posted by wws
incidently i hate the word avatar - anyone else with me on that? Yes.

Gary
20/11/2003, 3:07 PM
Best thread EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Peadar
20/11/2003, 3:26 PM
Originally posted by wws

You're unbelieveable!
Do you ever stop moaning?
I suppose the fact that the word avatar is used can somehow be the cause of Pats poor season?
What word could you replace avatar with which would improve things for you next season?
St. Patricks Ath. are going down the pan and all you can do is moan about a silly word.
I pity your drinking buddies if they have to listen to that tripe out of you.

wws
20/11/2003, 3:27 PM
i find that the word "avatar" rarely comes up in real life discussion

Peadar
20/11/2003, 3:35 PM
Originally posted by wws
real life discussion

Is this the land of make believe or something?
Actually you were ranting on about Pats "carving" up 2/3 of the national silverware like as though it was a big thing so you're probably in dreamland 99% of the time.

Remember that scene on Fr. Ted when he's trying to explain, with diagrams, the difference between dreams and reality to Dougal?
Think we need something like that for you.

WeAreRovers
20/11/2003, 3:36 PM
Originally posted by wws
i find that the word "avatar" rarely comes up in real life discussion

It's used by people who call each other by their internet handles in real life - as in "Howya WAR, how's it going?" Isn't that right WWS?

KOH

Dodge
20/11/2003, 3:40 PM
Originally posted by WeAreRovers
It's used by people who call each other by their internet handles in real life - as in "Howya WAR, how's it going?" Isn't that right WWS?

KOH
Well when your mates introduce you as WaR, what do you expect? ;)

wws
20/11/2003, 3:42 PM
Originally posted by Peadar
Is this the land of make believe or something?
Actually you were ranting on about Pats "carving" up 2/3 of the national silverware like as though it was a big thing so you're probably in dreamland 99% of the time.

Remember that scene on Fr. Ted when he's trying to explain, with diagrams, the difference between dreams and reality to Dougal?
Think we need something like that for you.

ok here we go for the slow learners - who's lips move whilst reading

there are three cups available as she stands dougal

Fai Cup - Longford First, Pats second
League Cup - Pats First, Longford Second
League Championship - 'to be decided'

a cursory look at the above will lend credance to my assertion that pats and longford have carved up 2/3's of the domestic honours list between them this season

happy to clear that up

Peadar
20/11/2003, 3:44 PM
Well when your mates introduce as WaR, what do you expect?

They have to have some way of telling each other apart since they're all called Anto. Internet handles give them an indentity their parents couldn't :D

Peadar
20/11/2003, 3:47 PM
Originally posted by wws
a cursory look at the above will lend credance to my assertion that pats and longford have carved up 2/3's of the domestic honours list between them this season

Perhaps in a pub quiz in 10 years time there'll be a question about the winners of the League Cup in 2003 but no one will remember you for being hammered by Longford in the FAI Cup and no one will remember you for finishing 6th in the League.
It's reality wws, face it!

wws
20/11/2003, 3:51 PM
if you offered me a league cup, a cup final appearance and league safety assured before our last home game (unlike last season) than yes - THAT I WOULD HAVE TAKEN at the start of the season

obviously knocking cork out with our reserves along the way was just a brucie bonus

i'm not sure we are destined for 6th but we'll wait and see

Peadar
20/11/2003, 3:53 PM
Originally posted by wws
obviously knocking cork out with our reserves along the way was just a brucie bonus

Just goes to show the ambitions of your club where knocking the mighty Cork City FC out of the League Cup is considered an achievement worthy enough to constitute a successful season.

WeAreRovers
20/11/2003, 4:05 PM
Looks like this thread is heading for another split - incidentally WWS was the man who introduced two different topics - ban him (and his sectarian avatar) now!

On the internet names thing, I did have to laugh when a chorus of "WAR what is he good for? absolutely nothing!" was heard in the Horse and Jockey one drunken evening. BTW Dodge, WAR is my real name. ;)

KOH

niamh
20/11/2003, 4:05 PM
LOL. Lads would ye take one look at how long this has gone on?? You'll never agree, so leave it??