PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Tiubridy: Muppet or what?

Shelsman
20/11/2003, 12:53 PM
Is it just me or is Ryan Tubridy getting very tiresome with his attempts at being funny? I know it's his job but to be honest he's just not that funny any more, and if anything he's getting a bit repetitive ( e.g. the english / posh accent he puts on almost every morning ...ha......ha.......).

Gary
20/11/2003, 1:05 PM
I said occasionally becasue all breakfast DJs are muppets. Turbridy would be better served if he played more music in the morning. He is nowhere near as bad as that fool Dempsey. I cant for the life of me how anyone finds that show even remotely funny. I would love to tear the neck off that Michael D character as well.

I hate to say it, but Charlie Wolfe on Redring FM is aboutt he best. Thats said, he is a tool as well.

Macy
20/11/2003, 1:11 PM
Yes, if for nothing else his constant "young old fogey" and "geek" references to himself.......

Dempsey probably the best in that genre imo, if for nothing else Gift Grub, which though hit and miss usually makes me laugh....

Personally, I listen to David McWilliams on Newstalk in the mornings (once I'm in coverage - which is my only downside of the station - I can get it all the way to Longford, but it doesn't quite make it to Roundwood due to the Mountains)....

pete
20/11/2003, 2:25 PM
Haven't listen to 2FM for about 3 years.

Think seen that Turbidy guy on other show & he plugging some CD of other crooner shows. Talk about cashing in from medium fame.

:rolleyes:

David McWilliams on Newstalk is very good - unusually for smart guy he doesn't come across as know-all. George Hook funny on Newstalk too cos got one of worse ever radio voices. Gift Grub getting a bit old now...

Pauro 76
20/11/2003, 4:32 PM
Yeah havent heard too much of his show (thank God, avoid 2FM like a bargepole) but hearing he plugs his Crooning Classics or whatever it is a lot. Heard it went to no. 1 in the album charts, God its like one of those free CD's you get on Sunday papers, why would anyone buy this stuff... dont get me started on Gerry Ryan...

Shelsman
21/11/2003, 4:40 PM
Originally posted by Macy
Dempsey probably the best in that genre imo, if for nothing else Gift Grub, which though hit and miss usually makes me laugh....

The difference ( as you just said ) between Dempsey and Tubridy is that Dempsey doesn't try to be funny himself, he just laughs at the others who do the funny role -and for the most part it can be pretty good ( i.e. Gift Grub ).

fonzi
25/11/2003, 1:41 PM
when i came home last time i saw an add for this new quiz show with a person called ryan tubredy or something. never heard of em, so i had no pre conceptions.

watched it, and by jesus is he one banal, uninspiring bloke.
his comedy is secondry school comedy.things to make parents laugh at in the christmas play.
jeeesus its woefull. where in christs name did rte get this fella from.

its not a funny show at all. nothing new, nothing inspiring here.
just claptrap and a sprinkling of boring well no a dollop.
the video screen stuff is dull. .
no no no.
never again. and i was told he got the rose of tralee gig?
well that says it all, like.

pete
25/11/2003, 1:59 PM
The problem is that RTE finding an up 'n coming star (what passes for one at Montrose anyway) & plaster him across the airwaves. 6 months later the country is sick of the person & they back doing weather or continuity announcing... RTE have done that time 'n time again...

Dodge
25/11/2003, 2:00 PM
Its his voice. It is easily the worst voice ever on Radio.

In Dubland Strawberry Alarm Clock on fm104 makes me laugh more than it should (again some hit and miss)

ray900
07/12/2003, 11:49 PM
I think Tubridy is excellent. It makes a change from the mindless crap on other stations. The fact that he is quite intelligent is probably intimidating for most of the idiots who listen to the Strawberry Alarm Clock and the like.