PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyway this can be resolved?

Rovers Maniac
30/01/2009, 11:37 PM
? :confused:

Surely somebody could step in with a plan, or holds talks etc?

The players will want off next. Jeez look at this entry from the Indo's update on Club licences today i lifted the response from another foum member (Dodge) which is below it and does make a vaild point.

Bohemians
Recently expressed concern that they may not be able to sign any players for the 2009 season after a rejected budget from the Licensing department. However, Bohemians have exploded back onto the market after the contracted staff, led by manager Pat Fenlon, took a wage cut, while new signings will increase the potential of extra revenue through trophy success and gate receipts and further ease budgetary concerns.

"Apparently Bohs are trying to convince the league that last year's double winning side wasn't exciting enough, and this years newly bolstered team will be increasing gate receipts. The bizarre thing is that the Licensing committee may well belive them".

srfc1928
31/01/2009, 7:30 AM
Maybe Tommie Gorman could mediate.
He almost got the most ignorant/stubborn man in football,
Roy Keane, to come back after the Saipan fiasco
and even that was a bigger mess than this.

The MC maybe need to be a bit more cute or imaginative with the submission of the budget to the FAi and stop always trying to be the model club in the FAI's book. As RM said look at Bohs they arent lying down saying well the Fai said we cant do this or that, they are looking for a way around it, because they have ambition, they want to win trophies.(Im not saying we want to go down the same road as them and spend silly money)Its the same with bohs attitude towards referees if they feel they have been unfairly done by a ref they complain to the FAI and dont see that guy for a long time again, they know how to work the system, we on the other hand just accept it. We dont like to rock the boat, if we done that none of our MC members would get into the FAI Hall of Fame!

The way it is now, without paul Cook on board the club will not even meet its reduced budget. I work in the centre of town and talked to about 10 guys yesterday all but 2 of them said they had enough and would not go back. Not just that but it would be very difficult for a new manager to come in and hit the ground running with just 14 players who you didnt sign and no posibility of making a few of your own signings. Results suffer = reduced gate money

This is a PR disaster, all the feel good factor that built up at the end of last year is gone, the club should be milking this not throwing it down the sink. I really think if they can come to an agreement with Paul they could turn this into a positive.

Everyone was really looking forward to this season, UEFA Cup (something that I myself have been dreaming of for years) Setanta Cup and a decent chance of the league or cup all seem to be gone. It could have been the most exciting season since 77’ and it still can, so someone please try and sort this out.

The MC, Paul, the players, the fans and the Sligo community achieved so much last season, please don’t go and throw it all away

kkontour
31/01/2009, 8:55 AM
... I work in the centre of town and talked to about 10 guys yesterday all but 2 of them said they had enough and would not go back. ....

This is what pi$$es me off. How is not going to the rovers going to help anything? You either support rovers or dont. Doesn't matter what manager, players, MC, what division rovers are in, the real supporters support throught thick and thin. Thats what keeps the rovers going through the tough times.
Im as sick as anyone that Paul is gone, but the season will roll on.
Supporting rovers has always been this way, up and down, though more down than up.

srfc1928
31/01/2009, 9:39 AM
This is what pi$$es me off. How is not going to the rovers going to help anything? You either support rovers or dont. Doesn't matter what manager, players, MC, what division rovers are in, the real supporters support throught thick and thin. Thats what keeps the rovers going through the tough times.
i agree, but people feel here we go again, maybe this is one too many times. different people have different levels of commitment to things and unfortunatly a lot dont have as high a commitment to rovers as you obviously do. its human nature

Supporting rovers has always been this way, up and down, though more down than up.
oh well thats ok then, we'll just keep plodding along, happy to know we were on the verge of something big but let it slip.

kkontour
31/01/2009, 9:47 AM
i agree, but people feel here we go again, maybe this is one too many times. different people have different levels of commitment to things and unfortunatly a lot dont have as high a commitment to rovers as you obviously do. its human nature

Its not a huge commitment, its two hours every other saturday night. How many of these guys will replace the rovers with a few hours on a barstool watching ray houghton on the premiership.

dong
31/01/2009, 9:53 AM
What sort of a ridiculous idea is it to stay away? Support your local club. Can't get my head around it.

srfc1928
31/01/2009, 9:58 AM
Its not a huge commitment, its two hours every other saturday night. How many of these guys will replace the rovers with a few hours on a barstool watching ray houghton on the premiership.
As i said, I agree and wish we had more supporters such as yourself.
But people are annoyed and feel let down.
believe me the next time i meet the same guys i'll do my best to make sure they return