Robson
Doyle

FD:
Dunphy
Franco
Kelly
Mulroy

+ A team players and under 20's...

So going by that squad, i think we will be relegated by the summer break... And with Paddy Kavanagh been linked with Derry, that would be another huge loss.... I really cant see us doing anything at all...

PS: is Sabbatini still with Bray???

Hulsey
30/01/2009, 4:15 PM
Squad is very thin but a lot of sides are. And a lot of free agents are still knocking around. If they want the 2nd income part time football brings they may except a lower wage come mid february. This could be the way a number of clubs are looking at things

naoise kennedy
30/01/2009, 6:02 PM
[quote=dublinwanderer;1095530]Right so the squad so far for this season is:

GK:
Skippy

DF:
Tresson
Foran
Pender
Massey
Gough

MF:
Coughlan
McCabe
Kavanagh
Robson
Doyle

FD:
Dunphy
Franco
Kelly
Mulroy

players we lost.. Gough- skippy good replacement

defense... Kenny, Doherty- we need replacements, are we try to get someone from st. pats (stephen brennan)

midfield..... cawley,paddy,whelan,duggan-whelan no loss, cawley no loss, paddy- can mccabe fill his boots, duggan- can daryl robson fill his boots, good aggresive midfielder.and then theres coughlan and shane fitzgerald

strikers..... rowe, myler and o keeffe- are these going to be missed. surely one of the following can do better.. kelly, dunphy, franco.

Ok we're not going to win the league but it's not that bad.. i hope

notever
01/02/2009, 11:53 AM
I like your optimism there and I kind of agree with you.Surely there is enough pessimism in the economy so lets be positive with the football club. I am sure players read this too so lets get upbeat we don't ned to be so negative.The season hasn't started yet,be positive..............

DRDoc
01/02/2009, 6:12 PM
assuming thats Dane Massey you refer to - he isnt a defender is he?

Eoingull
01/02/2009, 11:51 PM
There's nothing written in stone...a couple of early wins, and I think the team will be fine. There always seems to be a degree of pessimism from some folk pre-season. I'd rather the club worked within an affordable budget and survived, than have to go through the turmoil Athlone, Cobh, or Drogheda seem to be experiencing. Watching the Wanderers is one of my favourite things to do when I go back home!

notever
02/02/2009, 3:40 PM
;)
There's nothing written in stone...a couple of early wins, and I think the team will be fine. There always seems to be a degree of pessimism from some folk pre-season. I'd rather the club worked within an affordable budget and survived, than have to go through the turmoil Athlone, Cobh, or Drogheda seem to be experiencing. Watching the Wanderers is one of my favourite things to do when I go back home!

Its all about working within your means it's still early days and with all the cut-backs there must be "good" players out there who will be looking for a Club as we approach the start of the season and hopefully Eddie will be able to pick up one or two then .

The Fox
03/02/2009, 8:50 AM
As I look down the transfer list on the site I still see quite a lot of "released" - especially St. Pats and Dundalk. There are still a lot of very good players unattached!? Alan Kirby would be a great signing IMO - not sure if anyone is chasing him but they should be. Also JP Kelly from Bohs - where is he? Of the ones financially releasesd? from us id still like to see Whelan Duggan and Rowe stay but who knows what went on behind the scenes - they may well be gone for financial or other reasons than football?
Are Fingal expecting to be in the premier at someones expense this year - they have signed a lot of premier standard players?

Captain2007
03/02/2009, 11:13 AM
AFAIK the following are gone from your list..............
Keith Long - Retired
Alan Cawley - St Pats
Jimmy Lawless - Retired
John Broderick
Niall Merriman
Robbie Manley
Jenny Kennedy
Jay Begley
Chris Mason
Gabriel Salva
Gavin McInerney
Darren Lacy

Nine New players doing pre-season with club.

The Fox
03/02/2009, 12:28 PM
AFAIK the following are gone from your list..............
Keith Long - Retired
Alan Cawley - St Pats
Jimmy Lawless - Retired
John Broderick
Niall Merriman
Robbie Manley
Jenny Kennedy
Jay Begley
Chris Mason
Gabriel Salva
Gavin McInerney
Darren Lacy

Nine New players doing pre-season with club.

Who are the nine?

naoise kennedy
03/02/2009, 2:47 PM
Acoording to this,heres my starting 11 (4-4-2)

Skippy,

Pender, Tresson(C), Foran, Gough,

Kavanagh, Robson, McCabe?, Coughlan,

Dunphy, Franco

Yes,we are doomed,ESPECIALLY if any of these get injured during the season.:(
what about our new signings ??? mccabe looks weak in midfield,(who else is there ??) dunphy, franco up front, dunphy is fast but neither is good in the air..

Captain2007
03/02/2009, 5:32 PM
Are Keith Long and Jimmy Lawless not on the backroom staff at the club still?

I had Jenny down as a physio at the club and Jay Begley as a fitness coach - both have definitely left - any idea when?

I am not sure when Jenny & Ray left, New Physio is David Lyons-New Fitness Coach is Karl Gilligan, Keith & Jimmy are definitely gone.
Bo Mc Keever New Assist Manager.

Captain2007
03/02/2009, 5:41 PM
what about our new signings ??? mccabe looks weak in midfield,(who else is there ??) dunphy, franco up front, dunphy is fast but neither is good in the air..

I hear from a good source that there are 4 experienced defenders/midfielders and 1 good striker close to signing for obvious reasons they won't reveal them until they sign, watch the Website, it will be a tough season ahead,but we should be okay,a lot of clubs in same situation. :) May see some of them in Saturday's match V Monaghan.

naoise kennedy
03/02/2009, 9:18 PM
1 good striker close to signing
We all thought that ger rowe was going to be a good striker.. hopefully eddies judgement is better this time, he could'nt make the same mistake twice. COULD HE.

Town Legend
03/02/2009, 10:51 PM
Who are the nine?

Alan Lynch is one who's doing pre season with ye and prob signing from what i've heard.

naoise kennedy
04/02/2009, 5:36 PM
I hear from a good source that there are 4 experienced defenders/midfielders and 1 good striker close to signing for obvious reasons they won't reveal them until they sign, watch the Website, it will be a tough season ahead,but we should be okay,a lot of clubs in same situation. :) May see some of them in Saturday's match V Monaghan.

I heard that there might be an old face back in defense quite soon ??

Hulsey
04/02/2009, 10:39 PM
Robson re-signed and ex Ucd striker Paul Byrne also signed.
Great to sign Robson v good young player, havn't really seen enough of Byrne to comment. Anyone know more about him?

BrayUnknowns
05/02/2009, 1:06 PM
Great to sign Robson v good young player, havn't really seen enough of Byrne to comment. Anyone know more about him?

Good news about Robo. Byrne is a striker AFAIK, if i remember correctly he was a great prospect but is fairly injury prone. Seem to recall him playing for their U21s a few years ago against ours in the Carlisle and he was quality in the game but that was a few years ago.

Hulsey
05/02/2009, 5:11 PM
Good news about Robo. Byrne is a striker AFAIK, if i remember correctly he was a great prospect but is fairly injury prone. Seem to recall him playing for their U21s a few years ago against ours in the Carlisle and he was quality in the game but that was a few years ago.

Yeah he's a striker. If I recall correctly he scored against us last year in the 2-0 home loss? Could be a good partner for franco/Dunphy/Kelly to add height and strenght to a frontline that lacks it

Hulsey
05/02/2009, 5:12 PM
Deansy's back from Fingal :) . Excellent signing he was every bit as good as Delaney for us 2 years ago

DmanDmythDledge
05/02/2009, 5:13 PM
Byrne is a very good player, slight concerns about fitness and workrate though. Nevertheless, if he put the groundwork in you have made an astute signing. Type of player who won't do much in a game but always worth a goal when he is on song. Great in the air too. If he plays his best for Bray this season he will get into double figures.

Hulsey
05/02/2009, 5:16 PM
Byrne is a very good player, slight concerns about fitness and workrate though. Nevertheless, if he put the groundwork in you have made an astute signing. Type of player who won't do much in a game but always worth a goal when he is on song. Great in the air too. If he plays his best for Bray this season he will get into double figures.

Cheers for that mate. Sounds good :cool:

naoise kennedy
05/02/2009, 7:48 PM
Deansy's back from Fingal :) . Excellent signing he was every bit as good as Delaney for us 2 years ago
Great to get deansy back from fingal, rock solid defender gives his all..

dublinwanderer
05/02/2009, 10:16 PM
great news about deansy

also stephen brennan (from pats) is a great signing.

i've sign paul byrne a few times and was impressed so hopefully he'l perform for us unlike rowe.....

daire doyle, i dont know anything about...

and dave mulcahy - defender, played with waterford last season, will also be an excellent signing too

defence now doesnt look too bad, another one wouldnt hurt, but midfield, we are short big time and up front too.

oh and as far as i know, dunphy is gone to Dublin Bus in the leinster senior league, well according to lslforum.com

lowflyingseagul
06/02/2009, 12:48 PM
from rte

Seagulls recruit three new signings

Bray Wanderers have made three additions to their squad for the 2009 season.

Eddie Gormley has secured the signature of Daire Doyle from Longford Town. Paul Byrne and Chris Deans have also put pen to paper, they move from Sporting Fingal to the Seagulls.

From last year's squad Gormley has succeeded in re-signing Australian goalkeeper Chris O'Connor, defenders Derek Pender and Dane Massey, midfielder Daryl Robson and striker Jake Kelly.

Manager Eddie Gormley told the press he now had a very high standard of player in his squad and was very happy with the recent additions to the squad.

dublinwanderer
06/02/2009, 3:13 PM
We have signed Darren Dunne from Sheriff YC in the AUL League.... Anyone know anything about him??? Position? Any good?

Town Legend
07/02/2009, 3:15 AM
Why did ye release Gough a couple of weeks after signing him?:confused:

naoise kennedy
07/02/2009, 8:15 AM
So we are looking at a defence of Brennan,Deans,Foran,Pender?

Not too bad tbh.

as for midfield? McCabe,Robson,Kavanagh,Coughlan.

Pretty weak in my opinion,i would love a Keith Fahey type player in our side tbh.

And a Holding midfielder to go with it,together with mccabe and paddy on the wings.

Up front i think were alright

That is some strong defensive line up imo.. centre mid does look a bit weak, correct we do need a holding type player but who is out there, i'm a franco fan but i still think we are also weak up front, i would love eddie to try and get emeka back he has not signed for anybody yet.???

Green&whitearmy
07/02/2009, 12:50 PM
im sure brennan and mulcahy are to sign on monday if not before.

i heard they are looking at a attaching midfielder, plays on the wing or up front for mount merrion in the Lsl, not sure of the name but kind of lacking in midfield so could be a good thing!!!!

Captain2007
07/02/2009, 4:12 PM
Dave Mulcahy & Stephen Brennan signed today, lost out to Drogheda for Alan McNally,also Stephen Gough, Stephen Quigley, Robbie Clarke & Ian Ryan will not be signed after doing pre-season.

dublinwanderer
07/02/2009, 4:32 PM
really happy with the signings. defense is looking ok for the new season. would love to sign john fitzgerald released from galway, centre back, tall strong and i was very impressed every time i seen him...

midfield is really weak, and so is upfront.

my starting 11 would be:

Skippy

Brennan, Mulcahy, Deans, Pender

Coughlan, Tresson, Robson, Kavanagh

Byrne, Franco

SUBS:
Kane (GK)
Massey
Foran
Doyle
Mulroy

left out:
mccabe
jake kelly
shane o'neill
darren dunne

Really need more midfield options as well as forwards, but looking better than a few weeks ago!!!

naoise kennedy
07/02/2009, 6:14 PM
Dave Mulcahy & Stephen Brennan signed today, lost out to Drogheda for Alan McNally,also Stephen Gough, Stephen Quigley, Robbie Clarke & Ian Ryan will not be signed after doing pre-season.

Dave mulcahy sounds like the perfect midfielder we are looking for,, really hope tuesday's match is still on..

Town Legend
08/02/2009, 2:45 AM
Why did ye release Gough a couple of weeks after signing him?:confused:

OK no answers to that question so I guess your website man fecked up by relasing it on the web saying he had signed when he hadn't!!!!

Captain2007
08/02/2009, 10:49 AM
OK no answers to that question so I guess your website man fecked up by relasing it on the web saying he had signed when he hadn't!!!!

Stephen did a full pre-season with Bray along with 8 other new players, I believe financial reasons was the reason he and others departed, budget is just not there to sign all players unfortunately.
Seems to be a lot of players still looking for clubs.

braysnumber1
08/02/2009, 2:50 PM
Dave mulcahy sounds like the perfect midfielder we are looking for,, really hope tuesday's match is still on..

i thought mulcahy was more of a defender...

but... then my starting 11 would be:

--------------Chris O'Connor-----------------

S Brennan---C Deans---C Tresson---D Pender

Kavanagh---D Mulcahy---D Robson--G McCabe

----------P Byrne----A Gorgescu-------------

Substitutes:
Kane
Foran
Massey
Coughlan
Mulroy / Kelly

Not bad team, but, a few injuries and we're screwed!!! Forwards will not score many goals. need someone else there. And also another central midfielder.

What position does Darren Dunne play does anyone know?
Blackcastle? You seem to know alot before its put on website? Do you have info on him? Also Daire Doyle? Whats he like? Position? Any other signings coming????

naoise kennedy
08/02/2009, 4:29 PM
i thought mulcahy was more of a defender...

but... then my starting 11 would be:

--------------Chris O'Connor-----------------

S Brennan---C Deans---C Tresson---D Pender

Kavanagh---D Mulcahy---D Robson--G McCabe

----------P Byrne----A Gorgescu-------------

Substitutes:
Kane
Foran
Massey
Coughlan
Mulroy / Kelly

Not bad team, but, a few injuries and we're screwed!!! Forwards will not score many goals. need someone else there. And also another central midfielder.

What position does Darren Dunne play does anyone know?
Blackcastle? You seem to know alot before its put on website? Do you have info on him? Also Daire Doyle? Whats he like? Position? Any other signings coming????

Agree with most of your team but what about foran taking centre defense and tresson taking centre midfield.. would tresson last the full match, i would still put foran in before tresson in centre defense..

naoise kennedy
08/02/2009, 5:01 PM
According to the rte web site dave mulcahy is a central midfielder.. so my starting eleven
skippy

brennan deans foran pender

kavanagh mulcahy robson mccabe

franco byrne.

braysnumber1
08/02/2009, 5:26 PM
Agree with most of your team but what about foran taking centre defense and tresson taking centre midfield.. would tresson last the full match, i would still put foran in before tresson in centre defense..

I'd have tresson in there for his experience and leadership. You need a leader on the pitch, someone who can encourage and organise the team, his experience would be good for the younger lads too.

BrayUnknowns
09/02/2009, 3:07 PM
Things are looking a bit better after the 2 signings over the weekend, much needed experience and quality added to the squad, but from what i've heard Kavanagh is pretty much a Derry player and Dunphy has left the club as well so still work to be done by Eddie to bring players in in certain positions. I reckon Joxer Kelly would be a great replacement for Kavanagh, we need a striker big time as well.

Town Legend
10/02/2009, 7:04 PM
Ok what are ye at down there??? On the main page forum under Team Squads ye have re-signed Stephen Gough??? SO ye sign him, release him and re-sign him in one week???? Its all very confusing!!!

Captain2007
10/02/2009, 7:52 PM
Stephen did a full pre-season with Bray along with 8 other new players, I believe financial reasons was the reason he and others departed, budget is just not there to sign all players unfortunately.
Seems to be a lot of players still looking for clubs.

What part of reply do you not understand Town Legend ? :(

Town Legend
10/02/2009, 8:51 PM
What part of reply do you not understand Town Legend ? :(

Check out the main forum as I said above and you'll understand my confusion. In the Team squads thread one of yer boys on this forum has Stephen Gough in the squad and it was only posted up today!!!! Obviously he's not too up to date with the happenings going on down there then!!!

Captain2007
10/02/2009, 10:46 PM
Check out the main forum as I said above and you'll understand my confusion. In the Team squads thread one of yer boys on this forum has Stephen Gough in the squad and it was only posted up today!!!! Obviously he's not too up to date with the happenings going on down there then!!!

Don't be too hard on him, Stephen is the only one he has wrong,the other 24 players are spot on.Stephen had never signed and was doing his pre-season with Bray and it did not work out for him.
Hope he gets a club soon.

DmanDmythDledge
10/02/2009, 11:06 PM
Don't be too hard on him, Stephen is the only one he has wrong,the other 24 players are spot on.Stephen had never signed and was doing his pre-season with Bray and it did not work out for him.
Any idea if Shane Fitzgerald will be kept on?

Town Legend
11/02/2009, 12:37 AM

I didn't mean anything bad by it I was just a bit confused on it thats all. It wouldn't surprise me if it did happen cos he has signed a couple of times with yourselves and ourselves!!!! Just wouldn't be surprised to see him do it again!!! Decent player in fairness and as you say I hope he finds a club soon.

BrayUnknowns
11/02/2009, 3:46 PM
I didn't mean anything bad by it I was just a bit confused on it thats all. It wouldn't surprise me if it did happen cos he has signed a couple of times with yourselves and ourselves!!!! Just wouldn't be surprised to see him do it again!!! Decent player in fairness and as you say I hope he finds a club soon.

I'm bloody confussed myself, i'm only going by official club news. The club said he had signed, but they never came out and said that he didnt sign so i'm as much in the dark on it as you.

I presume from the above that he has not actually signed for us (even though the cliub said he had OR he was signed and then released to bring in a better player ? these things happen i suppose, think Shels just did the same with young Forsyth)

Town Legend
11/02/2009, 8:02 PM
I think we're all in the same boat when it comes to this stage of the season!!:D Think we're better off waiting for the first league game of the season then we should know who we have and don't have for the coming season!!!

Captain2007
12/02/2009, 1:12 PM
Any idea if Shane Fitzgerald will be kept on?

AFAIK Shane has not been training with Bray.

Town Legend
14/02/2009, 6:22 PM
According to Longfordian on our page Stephen Gough is back training with us and played in the friendly against Bohs today!!! Think he drove up from Bray blindfolded seeing as he knows the route so well at this stage!!! :p

Longfordian
14/02/2009, 6:23 PM
Well I think he's training with us, he was definitely playing today anyway but hasn't signed yet.