PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Paul

roversman
30/01/2009, 1:29 PM
I like to say thanks to Paul for the last few seasons the best football i seen the rovers play in 30 years. Hes up there with as one of the best managers we have had

Rovers1
30/01/2009, 1:34 PM
Yup, thanks Paul, a great character and will be sorely missed.

sligofan4ever
30/01/2009, 1:35 PM
Paul gave us everything we could have possibly hoped for, he gave us 3 things we tought were never gonna happen after the financial crisis. A top 4 finish, A place in the Setanta Cup and of course A place in Europe. And with Paul or without we have a lot to look forward to because of him. best of luck to Paul wherever he goes next.

avvenalaf
30/01/2009, 1:39 PM
Not wishing to **** on your parade and, allowing for a certain liking of Paul Cook, the three things you refer to were given to us by Cork City, not by Paul Cook. He gave us the ****ty exits from the Cup in the past two seasons.

Red&White Rover
30/01/2009, 1:42 PM
Some people are just never satisfied.

Rovers1
30/01/2009, 1:43 PM
Not wishing to **** on your parade and, allowing for a certain liking of Paul Cook, the three things you refer to were given to us by Cork City, not by Paul Cook. He gave us the ****ty exits from the Cup in the past two seasons.

LOL. You are a MUPPET

Rory H
30/01/2009, 1:46 PM

Idiot.....

avvenalaf
30/01/2009, 1:48 PM
As the Americans say, do the math.

Red4Eva
30/01/2009, 1:48 PM

you're an idiot

Rovers1
30/01/2009, 1:51 PM
As the Americans say, do the math.

So Cork City got us to Europe?

Fair enough, their errors meant we took their place, but no member of Cork City FC got us the results on the pitch we got.That was down to Cook and his players.

And how exactly was it Cooks fault for going out to Waterford in 07??

mr.X.
30/01/2009, 2:19 PM

i agree,i dont know why everyone is calling him an idiot because its true,i wouldnt call 48 points from 33 games a very good season ,just acceptable i think

Jeebus
30/01/2009, 2:37 PM
i agree,i dont know why everyone is calling him an idiot because its true,i wouldnt call 48 points from 33 games a very good season ,just acceptable i think

you a member of the MC?? :p:D

Shedzer
30/01/2009, 2:43 PM
Il show my hand first, ya, its a pair of pr1cks^

Redzer
30/01/2009, 4:00 PM
Cook was not Jesus Christ, but under his reign we had some of the sweetest nights in recent memory. I feel the MC have made one of the biggest mistakes ever, in accepting his departure.
Why o why did they not make it public this was immenent ,unless more money came on board.
I'm sure we the general public would once again re-double our efforts. Theres no point now in asking the fans. Gentlemen & Lady it's too late.

Rovers Maniac
30/01/2009, 4:09 PM
Cook was not Jesus Christ, but under his reign we had some of the sweetest nights in recent memory. I feel the MC have made one of the biggest mistakes ever, in accepting his departure.
Why o why did they not make it public this was immenent ,unless more money came on board.
I'm sure we the general public would once again re-double our efforts. Theres no point now in asking the fans. Gentlemen & Lady it's too late.

Good post, i think an easy answer to this i feel, its just gutting i am depressed, angry and fed up, you could see it a mile off what was happening imo. :mad:

sligoman
30/01/2009, 4:10 PM
Thanks for everything Paul. You had the potential to be the best Rovers manager ever but unfortunately some idiots run our club. Thanks for a great season last season, unbelievable.

Good luck with your career!

SligoBrewer
30/01/2009, 4:12 PM
To Paul, our best and most characteristic manager in 15 years. Thank you.

To MC, how can you expect people to trust you after what has just happened? You've let the club's greatest asset go. A great motivator and a man with a genuine knowledge of football gone into the wind. Whoever replaces him won't have a patch on the man we let go.

red metal
30/01/2009, 5:20 PM
Thanks for everything Paul. You had the potential to be the best Rovers manager ever but unfortunately some idiots run our club. Thanks for a great season last season, unbelievable.

Good luck with your career!

Couldnt have put it better myself

forza rovers
30/01/2009, 5:23 PM
thanks paul!one of the best managers ever at the club and you'll be missed!

Rovers fan
30/01/2009, 6:05 PM
Thanks Paul,you'll be missed. Good luck with your career.

lowroadrover
30/01/2009, 6:38 PM
Thanks Paul, it could have been great this year.

gregmccullagh
30/01/2009, 7:46 PM
i think paul cook should issue a statement. he enjoyed a great relationship with the fans. he was aways know for his honesty and integrity and avoided the usual waffle which others managers speak. the lack of a statement from paul suggests he was looking to get away. dont be surprised to see him back in football next month....

srfc1928
30/01/2009, 7:58 PM
i think paul cook should issue a statement. he enjoyed a great relationship with the fans. he was aways know for his honesty and integrity and avoided the usual waffle which others managers speak. the lack of a statement from paul suggests he was looking to get away. dont be surprised to see him back in football next month....
Do you know something we dont, please explain

Redie
30/01/2009, 9:04 PM
To Paul, our best and most characteristic manager in 15 years. Thank you.

Is that a compliment or an insult????

Shiba
31/01/2009, 10:22 AM

HE DID! What about the MC,SO? They are the ones who take our money on the gates.

brianw82
31/01/2009, 9:27 PM
Best wishes, Paul. Thanks for all you did for the club. We won't forget things like you standing amongst us in Drogheda, or that wonderful 2-1 over Bohs in '07.

Captain2007
31/01/2009, 10:44 PM
Best Manager in the League last year considering the resources he had,I hope he finds employment elsewhere soon, otherwise football is the only loser! :mad: