PDA

View Full Version : Sack the board!

SRFCbrothelutd
30/01/2009, 9:02 AM
Im sick of it lads, mickey mouse of a club. Same **** different year and the board stays the same... Mary McGowan etc still there, joke. The most important season in the clubs history on a budget of 9200e/week. The straw the broke the camels back for Cook was the club trying to flog Boco to Derry behind Cooks back and accepting a 60k transfer fee with no add on's friendlys etc for Coleman from Everton, joke. Alan Cawley wanted to sign with rovers since the last game of last season and couldnt get it done. Yet again the club dragging its heels and stinking of lack of professionalism on all levels. Also FAI paying for a trip to La Manga for all UFEA/Champions league teams as preparation before the campagins begin but no Rovers have to be different and ask FAI for the 10k instead. When are things going to change??? Our turnover rate of managers is a disgrace they cant all be wrong. Cook was the best thing to happen to that club in years. Lack of ambition at board level needs to be addressed big time...

Dodge
30/01/2009, 9:06 AM
Also FAI paying for a trip to La Manga for all UFEA/Champions league teams as preparation before the campagins begin

Untrue. pats didn't get the trip either

Rovers Maniac
30/01/2009, 9:06 AM
Im sick of it lads, mickey mouse of a club. Same **** different year and the board stays the same... Mary McGowan etc still there, joke. The most important season in the clubs history on a budget of 9200e/week. The straw the broke the camels back for Cook was the club trying to flog Boco to Derry behind Cooks back and accepting a 60k transfer fee with no add on's friendlys etc for Coleman from Everton, joke. Alan Cawley wanted to sign with rovers since the last game of last season and couldnt get it done. Yet again the club dragging its heels and stinking of lack of professionalism on all levels. Also FAI paying for a trip to La Manga for all UFEA/Champions league teams as preparation before the campagins begin but no Rovers have to be different and ask FAI for the 10k instead. When are things going to change??? Our turnover rate of managers is a disgrace they cant all be wrong. Cook was the best thing to happen to that club in years. Lack of ambition at board level needs to be addressed big time...

Shocking they're a disgrace i heard a lot of them wanted him out well they got their wish now. They won't be getting a cent from me this year, you wonder was it the FAI or the MC restricting the budget !?

Red&White Rover
30/01/2009, 9:49 AM
Hmmmm...Obviously I'm not sure how true them allegations are but I mean if there's any basis to them then questions really have to be asked.

Rovers1
30/01/2009, 10:41 AM
Has anyone thought maybe that there actually WAS NO MONEY??

celticV3
30/01/2009, 10:59 AM
Who's fault is that, mismanagemnet of money has been known to happen. Its what happens when amateurs act as professionals.

Rovers1
30/01/2009, 1:04 PM
Who's fault is that, mismanagemnet of money has been known to happen. Its what happens when amateurs act as professionals.

But maybe, now MAYBE noone wants to sponsor/give money to a League Of Ireland team. Im not defending the board in any way, but, the money we were going to make this season was coming from:
The Setanta Cup (doesnt start till August)
Seamies move( dragging on now plus the offer is a disgrace)
Europa League (not till July)

Whatever way you look at it, Sligo Rovers would not have had extra funds till at least Seamie's move, and we would have not recieved awards from the success from last year until at least July.

forza rovers
30/01/2009, 5:27 PM
lads nows your chance!!all the shareholders get out and vote at the A.G.M next month and get rid of those Muppet s that run the club.

Inside Man
30/01/2009, 5:32 PM
Who'd want to replace them though are my thoughts...?

RGMY
30/01/2009, 5:36 PM
so finally we get a post that gets to the point. change can quite easily happen at the club if ye lads that r constantly complaining about the mc come along to the agm thats if ye are shareholders and opt to forward urselfs on to the committees etc well done forza rovers for ur post

Knappagh Red
30/01/2009, 6:21 PM
The sad fact is there is nobody to replace these people if they do step down, the last shareholders meeting in the summer had around 50 out of nearly 400 members present and that was billed as a crisis meeting. People just aren't interested enough.

brianw82
31/01/2009, 9:55 PM
lads nows your chance!!all the shareholders get out and vote at the A.G.M next month and get rid of those Muppet s that run the club.

That's the thing. People here are all talk, but where are they when the real decisions are being made? As Brannigan said at the last Q & A session, nobody's too young or too old to be on the MC. Look at Richie Sadlier running Pats - he's just turned 30. If I was still living in Sligo I would put myself forward, but alas, I'm living in Dublin for work.

Can anyone give me the current composition of the board, age-wise? I'm assuming it's mostly 40+ year old men? It probably wouldn't be a bad thing to have some fresh young blood in there.

sligoman
01/02/2009, 12:11 AM
If I was still living in Sligo I would put myself forward, but alas, I'm living in Dublin for work.Very easy to say that, just cos yer living in Dublin.

Rovers1
01/02/2009, 2:09 PM
Very easy to say that, just cos yer living in Dublin.

:eek:...is Sligoman going for the job??!!

Knappagh Red
01/02/2009, 6:16 PM
:eek:...is Sligoman going for the job??!!

I'll put his name on the nomination form if he's up for it

sligoman
01/02/2009, 10:16 PM
No, I live in Dublin now.

red_away
02/02/2009, 9:25 AM
The sad fact is there is nobody to replace these people if they do step down, the last shareholders meeting in the summer had around 50 out of nearly 400 members present and that was billed as a crisis meeting. People just aren't interested enough.

Sadly - the above is true - the club are not inundated with volunteers to ake up positions within the club.

Rovers1
02/02/2009, 4:22 PM
No, I live in Dublin now.

no you dont you big tease ;)

dong
02/02/2009, 4:55 PM
People are entitled to express an opinion on this forum even if they have no intention whatsoever of putting themselves forward to have an input in the actual running of Sligo Rovers Football Club. As long as nothing obviously distasteful is posted. It is a forum, after all? To suggest otherwise is like saying that you can't have an opinion on the way the Government runs the country without running for election yourself.
On another point, does the 70,000 raised from the selling of Seamus Coleman not change the Cook situation now, or does the club really need the 60,000 on top of this?

SligoBrewer
02/02/2009, 9:23 PM
On another point, does the 70,000 raised from the selling of Seamus Coleman not change the Cook situation now, or does the club really need the 60,000 on top of this?

I'm sure the club were well aware of money coming in from Seamie's move before they made a plea for €60,000. Don't you?

dong
02/02/2009, 10:47 PM
I'm sure the club were well aware of money coming in from Seamie's move before they made a plea for €60,000. Don't you?
To be honest, no.

Shiba
02/02/2009, 11:02 PM
To be honest, no.

I don't think the club were the one to get the ball rolling on this one but have come on board to keep it moving. was it not the supporters that came up with it to get Cook to stay.

Fabrizio
02/02/2009, 11:08 PM
Sack the Board?? Im sick of all the rubbish people write on this forum, its all "i heard" "i think" " a friend told me" - most of the people on here do not know what they are talking about! just because you are a fan of Rovers does not nessecarly know what is best for the club!

Rovers had a budget drawn up twice which the FAI asked to be revised so it isnt the board that is holding back on funds! Every person, organisation, and football club have to live within there needs! If Sligo can only afford to maintain a mid-table team in the area then so be it! Remember only a few months ago people were scrambling to raise funds just to keep the club afloat! this club almost went bust! but thanks to a few people who got off their ar*e they got Rovers to a stable position and now we are scrambling for funds again!

There has to come a point when we say enough is enough! We have x amount of money coming in, we physically we cant spend anymore!! its simple maths people! there is only so much we can ask from the general public! and people need to realise this sooner rather than later! there is no point coming on here saying what if, we should this etc. Alot of the board have held high positions in work environments, its a tough job and i know they are doing there best in the circumstances!! Fair play to the likes to alan kearins, red arrow, aveanalaf, etc.

If Rovers are in financial trouble again, which may be the case if a certain few individuals who helped keep us afloat leave then i will look back on these posts some people have written and i will know why that has been!!

avvenalaf
03/02/2009, 12:08 AM
Fabrizio, I'm not sure if you really need this, but you're my friend for life!! A voice in the wilderness.

DocRovers
03/02/2009, 9:17 AM
Gentlemen, the fact is that if the fans cannot raise €60K then we will not sign extra players, Paul will leave & we will find our position in the league in mid/lower half. It is simple, if we dont have the support that is where we will settle. If we do try again & raise funds we can hope for better. I think the MC are right not to make that decision without consulting the fans - all you guys have a chance to be heard now, speak with your efforts & your donations. There is more to being a supporter than moaning on these threads. Dont 'harp' on about what we did yesterday, it is what you do tomorrow that changes things.

Also I dont think that the effort needed now should be diluted by people saying they wont do this or that cause they feel insulted by whatever. Improve the plight of the Club is what we are being asked to do, we are NOT being asked to donate to the MC. The AGM will be the time & place to make these points, using it as an excuse not to attempt to contribute is pathetic. I think every genuine supporter knows the importance of this & we should not let our ego's deter us.

avvenalaf
03/02/2009, 11:06 AM
Doc, I appreciate where you're coming from but, trust me on this, supporting our 'current' manager may not be in the long term interests of the club.

redobit
04/02/2009, 8:40 AM
Doc, I appreciate where you're coming from but, trust me on this, supporting our 'current' manager may not be in the long term interests of the club.

I wouldn't trust those crystal balls avv.