PDA

View Full Version : We're safe.

Pages : [1] 2

luka
30/01/2009, 12:35 AM
Lad,

Sorry about the delay in getting this to you all but I fell asleep. I was told at 9.20m tonight that we are sorted and will be playing First Division football next season. You'll no doubt get the details at the meeting on Sunday.

theboywonder
30/01/2009, 2:35 PM
Is the reason no one has posted a reply to this tread yet is because were all waiting for confirmation or whats the crack, i dont think luka would make something like this up......so anybody no anything else about it????

luka
30/01/2009, 2:45 PM
Everyone should be informed about the detail regarding the rescue at the meeting on Sunday afternoon. I thought this thread would be greeted with far greater enthusiam and am a bit curious as to why it hasn't. The arguing threads seem to take preference as usual. I'm looking for a bit more spirit and 'that's the job' or 'let's get it right this time' sort of stuff but nah................I hope this isn't something to go by for the season ahead.

marty
30/01/2009, 2:51 PM
I think many supporters like myself are worried that a deal was made with somebody somewhere without consent of members,we owe a large amount and it seems strange we can continue with it hanging over our heads,but maybe its all positive news suppose we"ll all know shortly....

theboywonder
30/01/2009, 3:03 PM
Everyone should be informed about the detail regarding the rescue at the meeting on Sunday afternoon. I thought this thread would be greeted with far greater enthusiam and am a bit curious as to why it hasn't. The arguing threads seem to take preference as usual. I'm looking for a bit more spirit and 'that's the job' or 'let's get it right this time' sort of stuff but nah................I hope this isn't something to go by for the season ahead.

I can see your point luka and i do hope once it is all finalised this thread will be full of only good spirit, once all is finalised i think it would be a good idea to delete all previous bad threads and start afresh and go back to the positive threads like the ones were there when we were top of division one and winning it.......

jamesd
30/01/2009, 3:51 PM

Luka, I for one look forward with great anticipation to the plan been unveiled.

However I am also very angry about the news that six long standing members of Cobh Ramblers FC have had their membership revoked.

Two of these people are still coming to terms with a very close family bereavement and I am just sickened at the total lack of respect been shown at a time like this.

For God's sake guys, no game, football team or club should ever take on more importance than life itself and particularly at a time of grief and loss.

If this is the level that some people will stoop to without any regard to the feelings of others, then I am have to admit I am now sorry to be even a supporter of this great club.

I would respectfuly ask who ever is responsible for all of this happening, to show more sensitivity to people and overturn this decision immediately.

Have we really stooped this low????

rambler14
30/01/2009, 4:01 PM
However I am also very angry about the news that six long standing members of Cobh Ramblers FC have had their membership revoked.

Two of these people are still coming to terms with a very close family bereavement and I am just sickened at the total lack of respect been shown at a time like this.

For God's sake guys, no game, football team or club should ever take on more importance than life itself and particularly at a time of grief and loss.

If this is the level that some people will stoop to without any regard to the feelings of others, then I am have to admit I am now sorry to be even a supporter of this great club.

I would respectfuly ask who ever is responsible for all of this happening, to show more sensitivity to people and overturn this decision immediately.

Have we really stooped this low????

Feck off ya miserable b0llocks!........the club reserves the right to refuse admission and membership!
I assume your on about the "Crows Nest 6" in which case.....good riddance! They are lucky it's only the membership being refused and that there not up in front of a judge!

don ramo
30/01/2009, 4:17 PM
this was said at the last meeting if you showed jamesd, we are all sorry for there there loss, but this was a decision by the members againts the 6 signatures on the letter to the FAI, these people brought the club into disrepute, and have to face the concequences of it, people were banned from the club before with no notice at all, just turned up for a game and told they cannot enter,

there are consequences to every action, they knew this could happen if they went against the club,

i only said it yesterday my biggest gripe with the cimmitee is that these people were still members

theboywonder
30/01/2009, 4:25 PM
And i thought this thread was going to be full of good lucks and pats on the back........obviously not

don ramo
30/01/2009, 4:43 PM
well jamed did post so what can we do :rolleyes:

it is and excellent thing that has happened, and i will thank who ever it is that helped us,

ill be even more delighted when i hear a squad list, thats realy when it will feel like were getting back to the footie:ball::ball:

luka
30/01/2009, 4:53 PM
but this was a decision by the members againts the 6 signatures on the letter to the FAI

I'll butt in here Don to put the record straight unless I've totally misread your post but it was not a decision by the members. There were and still are alot of annoyed Members about it but ultimately it was in fact a top level decision. I'm stating this because it's the truth. Now...........back to football.

don ramo
30/01/2009, 5:07 PM
I'll butt in here Don to put the record straight unless I've totally misread your post but it was not a decision by the members. There were and still are alot of annoyed Members about it but ultimately it was in fact a top level decision. I'm stating this because it's the truth. Now...........back to football.

true, yes, just sayin the sentiment were the same for most

did someone say football

jfarlo
30/01/2009, 5:12 PM
the government has followed in the footsteps of cobh ramblers and banished all members of opposition parties to spike island along with the crows nest six. "we were very impressed by the situation at ramblers, why answer to the opposition when you can banish them" said an taoiseach.:cool:

luka
30/01/2009, 5:13 PM
I guess many will agree with the Suspensions/Expulsions, call them whatever you will, but many will also disagree with them. Did I mention football.............

jamesd
30/01/2009, 5:19 PM

Yes ultimately a top level decision to get rid of people who are entitled to their opinion at all times.

A top level decision to get rid of anyone that questions any wrong doings in the club.

Ye talk about democracy, what a joke. Where was the democracy in not accepting the vote taken in December???

And any truth now that Dan Wyatt is gone too???

It is clear now that the agenda of the Chairman has nothing to do with football but rather get his own back on those who opposed his election in the first place.

If there was ever any hope of getting people together, then it is now shattered by this dictatorship move of removing members from the Club.

ramblers
30/01/2009, 5:32 PM
Great news Luka hope this is the start of a good season!!

Any news on the squad will be good to get back to the football.

Any friendlys lined up does any one know??

don ramo
30/01/2009, 5:33 PM
Yes ultimately a top level decision to get rid of people who are entitled to their opinion at all times.

A top level decision to get rid of anyone that questions any wrong doings in the club.

Ye talk about democracy, what a joke. Where was the democracy in not accepting the vote taken in December???

It is clear now that the agenda of the Chairman has nothing to do with football but rather get his own back on those who opposed his election in the first place.

If there was ever any hope of getting people together, then it is now shattered by this dictatorship move of removing members from the Club.

funny how you say dictatorship, when the man was voted into office 3 times and still has the majority of member on his side, and we had the second vote casue the friends said they had E100k to save the club, which was just hot air, they also tried to bring legal proceeding toward the club, for them not getting there way, sorry now but minorities dont rule this club jamesd, they brought the club into disripute, and have to pay the concequences,

end of,

did someone say football:ball::ball::ball:

don ramo
30/01/2009, 5:35 PM
Great news Luka hope this is the start of a good season!!

Any news on the squad will be good to get back to the football.

Any friendlys lined up does any one know??

cork city on the 13th of feb, and waterford at some stage,

hopefully luka will have a bit of site building in a week or so

ramblers
30/01/2009, 5:41 PM
Thats good news cant wait for the first match and getting the season started!!

luka
30/01/2009, 5:58 PM
Cork City game is 14th lads.........afternoon kick-off. I contacted them the other day and they said 14th. Not sure about the Waterford game but will find out.

hopefully luka will have a bit of site building in a week or so

Yeah. I wasn't able to do anything with it until I knew where we stood so will be changing it over the coming weeks. I mentioned on the OFF site that we could learn alot by taking a leaf out of Athlone Town's book and get something like this going. We won't get 400 but we could certainly get 100 I'd say. See below:

Become an Athlone Town FC Patron

January 17, 2009

Athlone Town FC need 400 patrons to contribute a minimum of €10 per week, €43 per month, €260 half yearly, €520 annually or a €1000 full payment in order to reduce the clubs debts.

In return for this commitment patrons will receive the following benefits:

1. A premium season ticket allowing admittance to all Athlone Town games at Lissywollen, to include League Cup and FAI Cup games, for 2009 and 2010

2. 20% discount on all club merchandise purchased from the club shop

3. Free entry to a draw for 2 premium tickets for all international matches played in Croke Park (Draws will take place 1 month prior to match dates)

4. Access to purchase International tickets, home and away

5. Membership of Athlone Town FC

6. 2 years entry to our weekly lotto draw

7. Priority ticket booking for all glamour friendlies

8. Free tickets to all Youth Internationals held in the stadium

Download you application form by clicking (right click save as)HERE
If you cant download for firewall reasons please email patrons@athlonetowntv.com to receive copy of application form by return email or call 0879918956 to receive copy by post.

For just €1.43 a day you can ensure Athlone Town FC survive in soccer for another 121 years

the sub
30/01/2009, 6:07 PM

its over get on with your life if you you do not like the judgement go somewhere where they will listen.
I'm not a memeber of Cobh and I do not live down there, but for god sake give it a break you keep repeating yourself then waiting for the replies you know you will get back.
If the focrs were the people that went against the wishes of the full membership and leaked info to the papers/ radio, travelled to Dublin and also went the legal route against the club without the permission of the membership then the club were correct not to renew their membership as they are within their rights to do so.
After all you do have to re apply to become a member and its up to the committe to reject or accept anyone becoming a full member.
If the chairman and commette saved the club and you are in Div 1 this season well done to all concerned its a credit to one and all.
If Dan left so be it move on replace that commette member and as I said before stop this childish ranting your all a laughing stock of footie fourm

the sub
30/01/2009, 6:11 PM
Cork City game is 14th lads.........afternoon kick-off. I contacted them the other day and they said 14th. Not sure about the Waterford game but will find out.

Yeah. I wasn't able to do anything with it until I knew where we stood so will be changing it over the coming weeks. I mentioned on the OFF site that we could learn alot by taking a leaf out of Athlone Town's book and get something like this going. We won't get 400 but we could certainly get 100 I'd say. See below:
I will support your club if this ranting from members stop

don ramo
30/01/2009, 6:26 PM
dan was never a member of the club, he said hed help us out with making up the financial controls, i wouldnt mind having someone like him more involved with ramblers, but if he decides not to, i thank him for his help,

pcplod
30/01/2009, 7:03 PM
Well said sub that about sums up why they should be expelled.
It is a democracy we have and just because they didnt like something they ran off to solicitors and tried getting the club caught up in a legal battle instead of showing up when asked to give their presentation and act like grown ups

Enough time has been wasted who mentioned football:ball:

Ramtastic
30/01/2009, 7:09 PM
TypicalCobh people just love a rant

Last season they were begging people to come

Now this season there turnin people away

nothing makes thenm happy

pcplod
30/01/2009, 7:20 PM
TypicalCobh people just love a rant

Last season they were begging people to come

Now this season there turnin people away

nothing makes thenm happy

Kettle-pot-black:rolleyes:
Maybe you should have stayed quiet for longer :p

Ramtastic
30/01/2009, 7:26 PM
Kettle-pot-black:rolleyes:
Maybe you should have stayed quiet for longer :p

ha ha probably would have been better off

Typical of this club

the phrase

A camel is a horse designed by commitee,

comes to mind in this club

Ram72
30/01/2009, 7:28 PM
Great news. At least there is light at the end of the tunnel now.
Maybe now we can put all the sh!te behind us and get on with what Cobh Ramblers are all about FOOTBALL :cool:

thegafferman
30/01/2009, 8:32 PM

no truth in dan leaving he is meeting the players as we speak ......

Ramtastic
30/01/2009, 8:40 PM

once again someone stickin there nose in tryna get some attention by sayin he has left the club

people in this club just love a tale and love spinnin yarns

jamesd
31/01/2009, 12:34 AM

Delighted to hear that and I apologise for even raising it. It was just something I heard and I realise it was wrong information. Thankfully it was wrong as we could do with some more professional people like him helping out.

BTW, LUKA, that bit about Athlone Town and what they are doing is excellent. I do seem to remember a suggestion about the 800 draw been mentioned before.

If Dan is overseeing everything financially, then I envisage that should inject enough confidence for members to put their hands in their pockets.

jfarlo
31/01/2009, 7:18 AM
while were at it any chance we can banish that fella ramtastic from the site/club. i believe if we leave him here he could form an opposition

pcplod
31/01/2009, 7:26 AM
while were at it any chance we can banish that fella ramtastic from the site/club. i believe if we leave him here he could form an opposition

While I agree he is a gobs***e. I dont think the matters of the expulsions should be laughed at, as I believe they are justified and over quite a serious matter. When people delibratly set out to try and destroy our club they should have to face the consequences

Redshanks
31/01/2009, 7:39 AM
I Just love the way Jamesd slipped in the bit about Dan Wyatt leaving, (plucked straight out of the sky) then came back in and said he'd love to see him working around fundraising.

I've got news for you Jamesd, Dan is already the financial controller; he brought in the financial controls, of which 42 people opposed. Where stood you then Jim-d?

I have no doubt that Dan and his assistant are working on fundraising plans as we speak, but the big question remains, will a certain section of the membership boycott those events again?

Do you serve under the command of captain Boycott Jamesd?:D

Ramtastic
31/01/2009, 11:44 AM

While I agree he is a gobs***e. I dont think the matters of the expulsions should be laughed at, as I believe they are justified and over quite a serious matter. When people delibratly set out to try and destroy our club they should have to face the consequences

ive been reading all yer tit for tat nonsense for the last few months i just think i should get my chance to voice my concerns

Jesus lads ye take too much too heart

if ye cant handle the heat stay out of the kitchen

jamesd
31/01/2009, 12:11 PM
I Just love the way Jamesd slipped in the bit about Dan Wyatt leaving, (plucked straight out of the sky) then came back in and said he'd love to see him working around fundraising.

I've got news for you Jamesd, Dan is already the financial controller; he brought in the financial controls, of which 42 people opposed. Where stood you then Jim-d?

I have no doubt that Dan and his assistant are working on fundraising plans as we speak, but the big question remains, will a certain section of the membership boycott those events again?

Do you serve under the command of captain Boycott Jamesd?:D

Red, if you read what I posted you would see I never mentioned Dan in relation to fundraising. That should be up to each and every member to get out there and do what ever they can to bring in money.

Secondly, I never opposed Dan, in fact when someone mentioned he was gone, I got angry. He is just what this club needs.

Thirdly, I never serve under any command unlike your good self!!

Like anyone that would ever be elected to office, I would serve if elected all of whom would have elected me and more so, those that didn't!

If people ask you for help or support, you cannot get caught up in what side they are on or what politics they are. You listen to them and form your own opinion for the betterment of all you represent. Again, anyone elected to office in anything, must serve the entire organisation and not the bits they prefer!!

luka
31/01/2009, 12:12 PM
ive been reading all yer tit for tat nonsense for the last few months i just think i should get my chance to voice my concerns

I've no doubt that you're as entitled to your opinion here just as anyone else is. I do believe though that you didn't get off on the right footing here yesterday by jumping in with some rather uncalled for comments. For what it's worth, I'm not dictating to you, simply giving my own opinion but I hope you have better days than yesterday. Many here take Ramblers as a club, and certainly the current situation very very passionately indeed and it doesn't take much for a genuinely perfect thread to descend into worthless thrash when provocation shows it's ugly face.

jfarlo
31/01/2009, 2:02 PM
i was not havin a go at "you" ramtastic, but some of your comments are a bit strong. you must realise that a good few of the people that post here are in each others pockets and are preaching from the same book. Be prepared to be attacked if you question comittee decisions

Redshanks
31/01/2009, 6:52 PM
I presume jfarlo isnt refering to the other committee (in waiting).

By the way, unless no one has noticed, Ramtastic on another thread speaks about 'Us' -in others again, its 'Ye'. make up yere own minds!

6yardpunisha
31/01/2009, 6:57 PM

By the way, unless no one has noticed, Ramtastic on another thread speaks about 'Us' -in others again, its 'Ye'. make up yere own minds!

Ramspastic not a well boy by the sounds of most of his posts so far, he should lay off the skittles and coca cola

Ramtastic
02/02/2009, 4:34 PM

sorry for my writing

but didnt know it was an english lesson

Redshanks
04/02/2009, 9:14 AM
Is that all you learnt?

DRDoc
05/02/2009, 3:22 AM
Lads - todays (Thursday)Irish Times states cobh are only expected to be given an A League license

the sub
05/02/2009, 9:24 AM
did you expect any thing less if you have not organised your club to pay your debts, or spent the months leading up to the granting of the licence in fighting you get what you deserve.
I was informed they did not want to air their dirty linen to everyone, but even the dogs in the street knew what was going on.

You cannot blame infighting, why like all other clubs in the LOI who had the same problem did you organise a new supporters group and start fundrasing to sort out the clubs finance.
Cork City, Athlone, Drogheda to name a few.

With all the meetings you had over the last 5 or so months did the commette ever think of organising funrasing nights ect or did they think if the buried their heads in the sand all would be ok.

You spent all the time on this forum making comments on each other, you blaming the FOCER'S and they blaming you and in the middle you had the Chairman saying that Cobh was not in trouble and if you play in AChampionship its a step back but next year you will be back up playing 1st Div.
Well you will have to win the A league to get back up, no one can say you have a god given right to do that.
You still have the debts to clear how is that going to happen if supporters are not going to support A LEAGUE football.
This is my two pence... as a club inc the supportors you all sat on the fence thinking someone was going to sort out the problems and now they have not.

Ram72
05/02/2009, 7:53 PM
You cannot blame infighting, why like all other clubs in the LOI who had the same problem did you organise a new supporters group and start fundrasing to sort out the clubs finance.
Cork City, Athlone, Drogheda to name a few..
I agree and disagree with your post.
Yes, us members and supporters should have done a lot more then what was done instead of getting caught up with all the in-fighting that was going on in the club.
But when ideas were put to the members by the chairman there was alot of opposition to them by individuals with-in the club, and this has held the club back in trying to move forward.
So maybe we are getting what we deserve for our lack of action over the last few months/years, but we will be back, bigger and stronger then ever.

Jdrams fan
05/02/2009, 8:02 PM
what do we do now do you think? i personally think the A league would be a disaster we would still have to travel around the country but with no real income coming in to the club in terms of bums on seats.

Ram72
05/02/2009, 8:11 PM
I know the true fan will be at the games supporting the team.
I know I'll be there as often as possible, and I'll travel to as many away games as possible (better get thinking of some new excuses to get time off work for the new season)
So regardless of what division we're in this coming season let us get behind the club and support it what ever way we can.

Jdrams fan
05/02/2009, 8:57 PM
I agree 100% but its trying to attract people to the games will be the problem, but lets be positive at least we are still open it could have been a lot worse

luka
05/02/2009, 9:07 PM
Marketing Marketing Marketing for both the Team and the Clubhouse. . Our current circumstance is not unrecoverable. It just needs alot of working on to return it to normal.

marty
05/02/2009, 9:50 PM
Munster Senior League-The only option in my opinion.I for one will not be attending "A" league games not a hope in hell but I would relish the chance of supporting a local team against the likes of Avondale,Douglas Hall etc.Under the current crop mistakes have been made but dropping into this joke of a division would be a disaster it just wont work theres no posatives at all to be taken from it.