PDA

View Full Version : New signings for next season.

Estar
19/11/2003, 2:51 PM
Who are the key players they have signed next season (around who they will build the squad), are they from the current squad or not?

:confused:

Countyman
20/11/2003, 10:37 AM
This from the grapevine :rolleyes:

barry o 'connor, john ryan, gareth cronin, ray kenny are all on board for next year. Some had 2 year contracts anyway.

Daisy,Scully and Philly Hughes are waiting until the end of the season. Dublin City are prime favourites to take the first 2.

Aside from the 3 above I have heard nothing on Danny, Ben, Keely and zeller.

From what I'm hearing Rogers, Tadgh, Britton, Purdy, Kelly are all on their way out.

Darcy has quit the panel.

Estar
20/11/2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Countyman
This from the grapevine :rolleyes:

barry o 'connor, john ryan, gareth cronin, ray kenny are all on board for next year. Some had 2 year contracts anyway.

All top men good to see!

Daisy,Scully and Philly Hughes are waiting until the end of the season. Dublin City are prime favourites to take the first 2.

Fcuk they will jump at a chance to play in the premier.

Aside from the 3 above I have heard nothing on Danny, Ben, Keely and zeller.

Danny and Zellor would be happy to stay, Keely too after injury hit season.

Hope Ben is not headhunted, would have a Derry city shirt if Keely senior was still there

From what I'm hearing Rogers, Tadgh, Britton, Purdy, Kelly are all on their way out.

Sorry to see Purdy go as he was unlucky with injury and a top pro

Darcy has quit the panel. What? did he step on someones toes?

Keep your ear to the ground, any new signings:D

Countyman
20/11/2003, 12:43 PM
Darcy had a row with Hannigan and walked out.

Apparantly shay zeller missed training during the week to attend his sisters wedding in America and was dropped for the cobh game.

Rogers was seen drinking a pint in the cobh clubhouse during the second half.

From what I can see Hannigan is trying to assert his authority on the younger more easy going lads while the senior lads are telling him to take a hike.

Marc Kenny wont be here next year either from what I hear.

Dont ask me to reveal sources but I am majorly ****ed off with the way Hannigan is doing things.

Cant see Ben being here while I'm sure Dermot Keely will make sure Alan doesn't have to play under the likes of hannigan.

Estar
20/11/2003, 1:09 PM
Originally posted by Countyman
Darcy had a row with Hannigan and walked out. mmmmmm young lads!

Apparantly shay zeller missed training during the week to attend his sisters wedding in America and was dropped for the cobh game. thats very harsh

Rogers was seen drinking a pint in the cobh clubhouse during the second half. Keely got more out of him when he was injured.

Marc Kenny wont be here next year either from what I hear.
I love watching Marc kick ball their is no one better when he is playing well, Station road will be a less skilful place.

Cant see Ben being here while I'm sure Dermot Keely will make sure Alan doesn't have to play under the likes of hannigan.

It would be upsetting if Ben left, their isn't a better all round player in the Division. Please don't go Terminator.

Alan seems to like Station Road he goes to all the Home matches, does he go to the away ones? Surly we cant let a talent like that slip through our hands? I still think Dermo will come back,

:(

Countyman
20/11/2003, 2:16 PM
As far as I know it was Hannigan picking on Darcy and Shane was sick of it so he walked.

Rogers has been treated very badly by the current manager and the board.

This is the same guy who was told he could leave the club at the start of the season but Rogers said he wanted to stay and get fit again after his injury and fight for his place. He was never paid during that time when he was recovering.
Thats commitment in my book.

A director slated Rogers to my face a few weeks back and that is why I dont think he will be back. I think he is a very naturally gifted footballer and will be a big loss.

Shay zeller wouldn't say boo to a ghost and is a very quiet chap.
The same could be said of the other 2.

Hannigans man management skills come into question.

He inherited the best team in the league by a mile when he started the job but I think he wants to put his own mark on things and I'm expecting a big clear out at the end of the year.
Expect 2nd rate players coming in unlikely to upset the applecart.
There is no way seasoned pros will sign for this guy.

Keely wont come back as long as the current directors remain in place. I think his heart is gone from football these days anyway.

I think his son is an excellent pro though and I'd love for him to stay but he must be the most exciting defensive prospect around the league at the minute and it will be hard to hold onto him.