PDA

View Full Version : Sky Sports

Pauro 76
19/11/2003, 11:50 AM
Who was the muppet who was presenting Sky Sports coverage last night? Its Gary Doherty, not DOCHERTY! the presenter and Frank Stapleton, surely the most boring presenter/analyst combo possible... at least RTEngland had Billo/Giles/even Dumpy and Apres Match to keep us entertained after... never thought id say this but bring back RTE!!!

NigeSausagepump
19/11/2003, 1:55 PM
I think the punter's name is Rob Hawthorne. He does sadly persist with Dock-erty and Kins-SELLA, but I have to say that apart from that he's not at all bad. He does most of the Ireland games for Sky and seems to me to have a pretty good knowledge of the team, unlike some commentators on other channels. If I hear one more of them say something like "And Irish eyes are smiling now" or "The Irish got the rub of the green there, Ron" I think I'll go on a killing spree with my shillelagh.

Footie_Fan
20/11/2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by PAURO 7
Frank Stapleton, surely the most boring presenter/analyst

I was at the match on Tuesday so I didn't hear it but I remember the Greece away friendly last year when Stapleton comined with the 0-0 stinker had me very bored.

Slash/ED
21/11/2003, 4:50 PM
Originally posted by Footie_Fan
I was at the match on Tuesday so I didn't hear it but I remember the Greece away friendly last year when Stapleton comined with the 0-0 stinker had me very bored.

Gong off topic, but was that the worst match in the history of football? I can certinally remember very few worse.

Footie_Fan
21/11/2003, 5:21 PM
Originally posted by Slash/ED
but was that the worst match in the history of football?

It was a shocker. The only thing I remember about it, is that Crowe started and all that went with that. And he had a decent shot in the first half.