PDA

View Full Version : League Of Ireland FAI/club CEO's

Inside Man
28/01/2009, 5:58 PM
Is this the way forward for the league?
Personnally i think seeing as the FAI are so interested in this league developing they should help clubs invest in this. As like the club PRO's something to the extent that the FAI pay 20k and clubs pay 20k to the wage. Really all it means is an extra 200k[Just including premier clubs] to the FAI budget.
Surely it would mean a more organised well run league and we may not have all these confusions about Jersey's before matchs as clubs would obviousl have more contact proir to matchs. Thats just a small thing. Obviously the future financial stability of clubs would be more secure if a full time CEO was running things at clubs.What are your thoughts?

Aaron
28/01/2009, 5:59 PM
I think Noel Martin is our CEO and is full-time, may be totally wrong on this so dont quote me on it

mrtndvn
28/01/2009, 6:01 PM
I think Noel Martin is our CEO and is full-time, may be totally wrong on this so dont quote me on it

His title is General Manager and he's very much full time.

Dodge
28/01/2009, 6:03 PM
Surely it would mean a more organised well run league and we may not have all these confusions about Jersey's before matchs as clubs would obviousl have more contact proir to matchs

You think a CEO should be involved in something that small? Do you have any idea about the work of a CEO?

A face
28/01/2009, 6:43 PM
Is this the way forward for the league?
Personnally i think seeing as the FAI are so interested in this league developing they should help clubs invest in this. As like the club PRO's something to the extent that the FAI pay 20k and clubs pay 20k to the wage. Really all it means is an extra 200k[Just including premier clubs] to the FAI budget.
Surely it would mean a more organised well run league and we may not have all these confusions about Jersey's before matchs as clubs would obviousl have more contact proir to matchs. Thats just a small thing. Obviously the future financial stability of clubs would be more secure if a full time CEO was running things at clubs.What are your thoughts?

Just one point on that. I wouldn't be in favour of give top flight clubs an unfair advantage over first div clubs. If the club is good enough and organised enough then it will challange and rise to the top. Giving clubs and extra handout, allowing them to draw further way from clubs below them is not a good thing in my opinion.

The same with the club CPOs, it should be made available to all clubs (infact i think it is more important to assist clubs in the first to get organised, but it would be unfair to exclude any clubs, so give it to all)

SMorgan
28/01/2009, 7:24 PM
Just one point on that. I wouldn't be in favour of give top flight clubs an unfair advantage over first div clubs. If the club is good enough and organised enough then it will challange and rise to the top. Giving clubs and extra handout, allowing them to draw further way from clubs below them is not a good thing in my opinion.

The same with the club CPOs, it should be made available to all clubs (infact i think it is more important to assist clubs in the first to get organised, but it would be unfair to exclude any clubs, so give it to all)

You don't have to be in the Premier Division to get it. My understanding is that if your club gets a Premier Licence then it gets a contribution towards the CEO's wages.

garyderry
28/01/2009, 8:58 PM
His title is General Manager and he's very much full time.

Yeah Noel took over when Jim Roddy left and we got a new CPO in.

holidaysong
29/01/2009, 3:29 PM
You don't have to be in the Premier Division to get it. My understanding is that if your club gets a Premier Licence then it gets a contribution towards the CEO's wages.

That's correct.

pineapple stu
29/01/2009, 3:44 PM
Obviously the future financial stability of clubs would be more secure if a full time CEO was running things at clubs.What are your thoughts?
We don't have a full time CEO. We're perfectly financially stable. Not sure what practical benefit your idea would have, to be honest.

sligoman
29/01/2009, 4:07 PM
We don't have a full time CEO. We're perfectly financially stable. Not sure what practical benefit your idea would have, to be honest.University CEO's don't count, this a football forum;)

pineapple stu
29/01/2009, 4:08 PM
Don't have one of them either. :)

pineapple stu
30/01/2009, 9:52 AM
I think yeh that all clubs need someone professional in charge of the financial side of things
Professional is an attitude, not a job status.