PDA

View Full Version : Padraig Moran confirmed as Athlone Town Assistant Manager

Battery Rover
28/01/2009, 1:09 PM
Padraig Moran was officially confirmed as assistant manager to Brendan Place last night. Padraig who also looks after the Under 17s and Under 20s with Anthony Sherlock is well respected both locally and nationally having played for local side St Peters before moving to Hearts in Scotland. His career in League of ireland covers Sligo Rovers, Derry City, Limerick 37 and his home town club Athlone Town. On his appointment manager Brendan Place said ” He has all the qualities I admire, honesty, hard working and very professional on the pitch and it helps to have a good local input.”

Fr Damo
28/01/2009, 7:34 PM
Good luck to Paugie on his new role. Good move too, Place has all his qualities summed up.

Scrufil
28/01/2009, 8:02 PM
I hope this appointment works out well. I think that having spent most of his playing career away from Athlone Padraig has a wide view of the football scene in Ireland and he will use every ounce of his experience to aid Brendan Place. If Athlone progress to midtable this season this will keep fans happy and I think Padraig Moran may prove to be an inspired choice. I predict that in 4 years time he will land a full management post.