PDA

View Full Version : FAI Intermediate Award

razor
18/12/2008, 8:27 AM
Intermediate Nominees
Don Horan - Everton AFC
Lee Boyle - Fanad United
Derek Prendergast - Bangor Celtic

I'm not at all familiar with this Everton lad but I believe he got player of the tournament at the Michael Ward Tournament.

Any comments?

Allstar
18/12/2008, 5:38 PM
Seen him play and thought that he was a handy player but I never saw this coming!
Who nominates these players??

Billynomates
19/12/2008, 8:25 AM
Strange one. Good player but did not expect this. Alot of better players out there. Can he play for the international amateur team?

Clifford
19/12/2008, 11:08 AM
No Ken Hoey? He got 10 out of 10 in the paper for the recent internationals. Sheesh, tough crowd.

Suppose he's won it before, but he's playing out of his skin when fit at the moment.

Best of luck to them all.

razor
19/12/2008, 1:02 PM
Who nominates these players??Some suit in the Pale (Gerry Smith included) who rarely sees any MSL/USL games but as was stated here best of luck to the lads.

razor
28/01/2009, 11:40 AM
I was informed that on yesterdays Star was the following,
Nobody knows who selected the 3 lads for FAI Intermediate player of the year.
Gerry Smith had nothing to do with it apparently.
The guy from USL is actually the Fanad Utd sub keeper.
They never wore the correct jerseys at the Michael Ward tournament so a mix up meant he got selected.
(Maybe one of our Northern posters can confirm)
You couldn't make it up.

EAFC_rdfl
28/01/2009, 12:08 PM
I was informed that on yesterdays Star was the following,
Nobody knows who selected the 3 lads for FAI Intermediate player of the year.
Gerry Smith had nothing to do with it apparently.
The guy from USL is actually the Fanad Utd sub keeper, they never
wore the correct jerseys at the Michael Ward tournament so a mix up
meant he got selected. (Maybe one of our Northern posters can confirm)
You couldn't make it up.
thats about right, i saw that list when it was announced and didnt recognise the name (neither did my brother who played for Fanad up until a year ago), he barely played for Fanad and I think he played one match for the USL team. I think he was over with Villa for a while.
The local papers had a piece around Christmas about it all, basically the USL wanted the lad who played the rest of the games in nets to get the nomination, as he had been confused as Boyle all along.