PDA

View Full Version : Dublin Bias

A face
18/11/2003, 8:14 PM
This taken for Johnny Wards site.

"Anyone know whether tickets will be on sale outside lansdowne tonight? Presumably its not a sell out (given that the FAI were handing out money-off vouchers at the Bohs match last week?"

Why wasn't there any given out at City's home game ??

Is this favouritism ??

Did they think that we wont not want the same treatment ??

It would make you wonder !!

brendy_éire
18/11/2003, 8:24 PM
Originally posted by A face
This taken for Johnny Wards site.

"Anyone know whether tickets will be on sale outside lansdowne tonight? Presumably its not a sell out (given that the FAI were handing out money-off vouchers at the Bohs match last week?"

Why wasn't there any given out at City's home game ??

Is this favouritism ??

Did they think that we wont not want the same treatment ??

It would make you wonder !!

Short answer: Aye. They're always screwing the non-Dublin teams. There's no reason why they couldn't have sent those vouchers to each club and let the clubs hand them out. It's just typical FAI Dublin bias.

UCD_4_Life
18/11/2003, 8:34 PM
We got the vouchers at Belfield too...

A face
18/11/2003, 8:40 PM
Originally posted by brendy_eire
It's just typical FAI Dublin bias.

I dont think we can say anything or we'll get acused of whinging. Maybe if we say nothing they might do something differently and we'll get the tickets next time.

Do you get where i'm comin' from, ...... you know, the auld reverse psychology chestnut. We'll surely end up better off then.

Thoughts ??

info@fai.ie

Dr.Nightdub
18/11/2003, 9:00 PM
Isn't it obvious? They assumed, based on observation, that Cork fans never travel to football matches outside Cork.

Wind-up! Relax.... :D

A face
18/11/2003, 9:05 PM
Originally posted by Dr.Nightdub
Wind-up! Relax.... :D

:)

Just mailed off a rant to them anyhoo !!!

Let you know how i got on.

Dodge
19/11/2003, 9:21 AM
Pats didn't get any vouchers...

James
19/11/2003, 9:26 AM
Originally posted by Dodge

and yet going by the attendance and the shots of the crowd there must have been 6/7 k pats 'shed end invisibles' there, cause i saw loads of empty spaces
well done pats despite the fact they got no vouchers

wws
19/11/2003, 9:42 AM
Lims would bring more fans than cork

Dodge
19/11/2003, 9:48 AM
Originally posted by James
and yet going by the attendance and the shots of the crowd there must have been 6/7 k pats 'shed end invisibles' there, cause i saw loads of empty spaces
well done pats despite the fact they got no vouchers
Seriously, a Cork fan trying to slag another club's fans over exagarating crowds :rolleyes:

Next you'll be slagging us about having a huge chip on our shoulder

:D

tiktok
19/11/2003, 10:12 AM

i guess because you were in longford. the FAI saw how poor the uptake was so decided to give the vouchers out on short notice to Dublin home game son the Friday, sad thing is that i doubt they would have affected the crowd anyway, those wanting to go probably had their tickets.

pete
19/11/2003, 12:17 PM
Next you'll be slagging us about having a huge chip on our shoulder...

Nah Dolan is the Cork City manager now.

;)

Schumi
19/11/2003, 2:17 PM
Originally posted by tiktok
those wanting to go probably had their tickets. I hadn't but was going anyway. Saved me a few quid. :)

tiktok
19/11/2003, 6:03 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
I hadn't but was going anyway. Saved me a few quid. :)

how much as a matter of interest (seeing as i didn't have one) :rolleyes:

UCD_4_Life
19/11/2003, 6:17 PM
Originally posted by tiktok
how much as a matter of interest (seeing as i didn't have one) :rolleyes:

€5.

A face
20/11/2003, 5:21 PM
The reply .............

Thank you for your email and your query regarding the ticketing for the Canada friendly on 18th November. The decision was taken to hand out a number of vouchers at some eircom league fixtures on Friday night. The choice of fixtures at which the vouchers were given out was based on the take up of tickets by the leagues around the country and the fact that the game was on a Tuesday night and the difficulty of travelling up from the country. We received a number of returns from our leagues down the country. In view of this the decision was taken to hand out vouchers to those in close proximity of the city.

The voucher entitled the bearer to ˆ5 off or a childs ticket free while accompanied by an adult. The voucher had to be presented at the FAI ticket Office between 10am and 5pm on Monday and Tuesday of match week.

I hope the above answers your queries.

Thank you for your continued support. The support and effort of all our fans is acknowledged and appreciated.

Mary Byrne
Ticket Office

Not good enough to be honest.
Just not good enough ............