PDA

View Full Version : Careful Greg

SSS
18/11/2003, 6:05 PM
According to Dolan in the Echo, Greg was given a few days off to "sort his head out" after he reacted poorly to being dropped last Friday......

I have to say I thought Greg ws unlucky to be dropped, but this we can do without.

thecorner
18/11/2003, 6:06 PM
:D

A face
18/11/2003, 8:21 PM
Understandable ......... we'd all be in the same frame of mind if it happened to us. Greg is City from start to finish so it is no suprise this has happened.

What he has got to do now IS sort his head out and work on getting back onto the team. Cant afford to have a player like him not at his best.

To be honest .... there is no harm in rotating the squad a bit either. Greg gave 100% all season.

thecorner
18/11/2003, 8:53 PM
greg is finished for city

lookat what happened every player tog et dropped this season

hedderman-never played again
casey-lucky to get in last week
bennet-dropped and cant get back in
carey-dropped, havent seem him in ages

its trouble when dolan drops a player coz they never seem to figure again

maybe this will get the midfield situation sorted out at last

rolo
18/11/2003, 9:17 PM
bennet-dropped and cant get back in

he shouldnt have been taken out in the first place....

A face
18/11/2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
maybe this will get the midfield situation sorted out at last

Oh yeah right thecorner ..... !! :D

You are delighted ...... I dont know anyone else that feels the same as you. What did he do to you. Is there something you are not telling us :D

Originally posted by rolo
he shouldnt have been taken out in the first place....

Dead right ..... That sending off was bad timing, putting it mildly. Derek will never be as good as him i think.

TheNorthsider
19/11/2003, 7:33 AM
fair play to u corner if u think colin t and nwankwo are the central midfield partnership who are going to be a championship winning duo .You do truely have a dream.I hope you wont be to old to see your dream become a reality

ian
19/11/2003, 7:48 AM
THENORTHSIDER I think he is to old already. He is dreaming all ready the corner that is.

thecorner
19/11/2003, 9:08 AM
Originally posted by ian
I think he is to old already.

still not in my 30's ian;)

ian
19/11/2003, 11:38 AM
HAHAHAHA you are getting there my friend.

fonzi
19/11/2003, 11:50 AM
i hope greg isnt pulling another mountfield tantrum again.

sadloserkid
19/11/2003, 12:05 PM
He'd be more than welcome to come play with us! He was Cork's best player for me the night you drew 0-0 with Shels in the X.

niamh
19/11/2003, 12:46 PM
Giving him a few days off to sort his head out?
What a load of rubbish?
Is that Dolan speak for giving him a bollocking and dropping him for a week for a bad reaction??

pete
19/11/2003, 12:49 PM
I think Greg & Dolan will sort things out cos Dolan will probably recognise Gregs passion for City.

After a couple of dodgy years he seems more level headed player for city or otherwide he wouldn't have got the captains job

thecorner
19/11/2003, 2:41 PM
i cant get over everyone on about gregs fu@cking passion and his heart and soul

everyone one of us could offer that on the pitch for city

he has probably been our worse player in midfield this season and has definitly been the weak link

see thru the passion lads

DolansWaistcoat
19/11/2003, 3:37 PM
Every team needs a player with heart and with passion for his side,thats why Greg was made captain.I wouldnt like to lose him.

jofyisgod
19/11/2003, 5:59 PM
One of the things that sets City apart is the passion surrouding it. The fans have passion, the manager and the players. Greg is the enbodiment of this. He gets stuck in and never gives up. He's great to have around. We can't lose him.

thecorner
19/11/2003, 6:19 PM
Originally posted by DolansWaistcoat
thats why Greg was made captain..

last time i checked dan murray was captain:confused:

Every team needs a player with heart and with passion for his side

i would not support city if i thought only one player played with heart and passion. u need 11 players with heart and passion

our 11 have but greg is lacking something called a brain

Éanna
20/11/2003, 2:35 PM
Originally posted by pete
I think Greg & Dolan will sort things out cos Dolan will probably recognise Gregs passion for City.

After a couple of dodgy years he seems more level headed player for city or otherwide he wouldn't have got the captains job
I think you're spot on there Pete. Greg ain't the kind of player who wants to be sitting on the bench, and we all know he has a bit of a temper! My guess is it'll blow over. As for people like the corner who seem determined to hunt him out :rolleyes: Just as bad as the georgie-bashers

thecorner
20/11/2003, 6:25 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
Just as bad as the georgie-bashers

so im as bad as the georgie bashers now for letting my opinion be known

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ian
20/11/2003, 6:34 PM
The corner if I remember you always did slag off georgie and now you are starting on the best midfielder that Cork City has. So my friend what is up with you.?????:mad: :mad:

thecorner
20/11/2003, 8:49 PM
Originally posted by ian
The corner if I remember you always did slag off georgie and now you are starting on the best midfielder that Cork City has. So my friend what is up with you.?????:mad: :mad:

ian my friend u can check every post i ever made here about georgie and i have never once criticsed him

the only players i have crioticised this season were greg and behan and im entitled to it

seem to remember u even giving out abouit that wonderful piece of skill last week when georgie dragged on e leg behind the other and attempted the cross

couldnt wait to get into the horsehoe at full time from listening to you with ur "georgie this" and "georgie that"

end of rant

ian give georgie just a small bit opf support tomorrow nite and u never know,u mite grow to think hes a good footballer

DolansWaistcoat
21/11/2003, 7:47 AM
The Corner, people like you are starting to think that George is the be all and end all of City,Greg is needed and WANTED by the majority of us and thats the bottom line.

thecorner
21/11/2003, 9:56 AM
Greg is needed

ur having a laugh,right:D

compare him to ratnolds.he isnt fit to tie his laces

TheNorthsider
21/11/2003, 10:15 AM
yes looking through the passion corner,greg our worst midfielder and midfields weakest link, corner if you think he was worse than murray and o grady then the view must be poor from the corner ur sitting in.

DolansWaistcoat
21/11/2003, 11:03 AM
The corner he's on about is the corner next to the turners cross church over the road.;)

ian
24/11/2003, 12:48 PM
The corner my friend just sit in the corner next sunday and say notting will ya you all ways talking sh-t any way. As for george he is a good player but he dose not want to give the ball away some time.

And yes I do have a go at him but for good reason. so my friend stay in you corner of the ground.

rebelhead
24/11/2003, 1:26 PM
yes i would agree that greg shows great heartand passion for city. i think its a shame there isnt so much footballing ability.