PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Keane on Loan to Celtic?

Scram
27/01/2009, 1:19 PM
Have had a tip from a good source that Robbie wil be loaned out to Celtic for the rest of the season.!!

Can't see the point really.

Razors left peg
27/01/2009, 1:29 PM
Have had a tip from a good source that Robbie wil be laoned out to Celtic for the rest of the season.

Can't see the point really.

I doubt its true, couldnt see the point from Liverpools point of view but from Robbies it would be brilliant. At least he would be playing for a club that would value him rather than have a manager that doesnt want him

Scram
27/01/2009, 1:35 PM
I doubt its true, couldnt see the point from Liverpools point of view but from Robbies it would be brilliant. At least he would be playing for a club that would value him rather than have a manager that doesnt want him

Yeah, can't see it myself to be honest.

….not like Celtic need to pay that kind of wages when they have the SPL wrapped up and got knocked out of Europe unusually early. Though it would be nice to see him score a hat trick against Terry Butcher's Cally next week.!!

The only benefit is to Robbie is that he won't have to warm the benches for the rest of the season watching 'pool slip to 5th. Curious to see what Benitez' replacement will do next season. Robbie's always welcome back at Leeds of course. :o

Scram
27/01/2009, 1:37 PM
I'll saw off my right arm live on webcam if that happens.

Give your "good source" a dig in the head for that one.

I already have!

….not like Celtic need to pay that kind of wages when they have the SPL wrapped up and got knocked out of Europe unusually early. Though it would be nice to see him score a hat trick against Terry Butcher's Cally next week.!!

The only benefit is to Robbie is that he won't have to warm the benches for the rest of the season watching 'pool slip to 5th. Curious to see what Benitez' replacement will do next season. Robbie's always welcome back at Leeds of course. :o

Maroon 7
27/01/2009, 1:39 PM
I already have!

Think you're assuming a lot there.

Scram
27/01/2009, 1:47 PM
Good video, Robbie would be very welcome at Celtic!

Robbie and Duffer Celebrate Celtic Goal in game v the Enemy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFhHzNBRXlo)

disabledrog
27/01/2009, 3:00 PM
will never happenn celtic wont cover even half his wages plus wat benefit would liverpool get out of this plus its to late to get any replacements in.

jbyrne
27/01/2009, 3:20 PM
will never happenn celtic wont cover even half his wages plus wat benefit would liverpool get out of this plus its to late to get any replacements in.

what replacement would liverpool need for someone the manager doesnt deem good enough to make an 18 man matchday squad? benetez obviously thinks he can do without him

elroy
27/01/2009, 3:28 PM
Please god this isnt true, would not be a good move for him. I prefer to see him battle away at the pool than go to Celtic. Very much doubt this story has any substance though.

disabledrog
27/01/2009, 3:32 PM
what replacement would liverpool need for someone the manager doesnt deem good enough to make an 18 man matchday squad? benetez obviously thinks he can do without himA team will win nothing with only one decent striker so why would we loan him out,as a matter a fact the quicker rafa goes the better

elroy
27/01/2009, 3:36 PM
A team will win nothing with only one decent striker so why would we loan him out,as a matter a fact the quicker rafa goes the better

If Liverpool dont beat Chelsea on Sun, which on current form is very possible, i think the pressure on Rafa will be intense. In fact i wouldnt be at all surprised if they dont get three points at wigan this week either. Their title run could be done and dusted by next Mon morning.

Scram
27/01/2009, 3:43 PM
Please god this isnt true, would not be a good move for him. I prefer to see him battle away at the pool than go to Celtic. Very much doubt this story has any substance though.

"battling away" is fair enough, but when you are not even in the squad?! Robbie wil be

Would make one wonder if Benitez made the decision to buy Keane or was it landed on him, and now that 'pool may be sold he doesn't care what the current owners think??

Robbie must be gutted at the moment, either that or he knows he is on the way somewhere.

Noelys Guitar
27/01/2009, 4:21 PM
Whoever the 'source' is get him or her some serious medical care.

Traps Cat
27/01/2009, 4:54 PM
I'll saw off my right arm live on webcam if that happens.

Give your "good source" a dig in the head for that one.

Ciaran in post of the month nomination shocker!!!

eirebhoy
27/01/2009, 6:18 PM
Closed because this rumour is rubbish that you picked up off the huddleboard. :)