PDA

View Full Version : Any word on signings?

randomcomment
27/01/2009, 8:35 AM
Who has been training or is there any confirmation on signings?

Magicme
27/01/2009, 8:45 AM
All will be revealed in due course......

monutdfc
27/01/2009, 10:15 AM
come on magicme, we need more than that!!!

(PM me!)

passerrby
27/01/2009, 12:50 PM
ya do tell

Magicme
27/01/2009, 4:49 PM
Monaghan United Press Release:

"The management team of Mick Cooke and his new assistant Pat McGibbon have now signed the core of their team, re-signing from last year are Brendan Kennedy, Paul Whelan, Barry Clancy, Aaron Mooney, Brian Gartland, Stephen McCrossan, Cathal O’Connor, Don Tierney, Sean Brennan, Darragh Hanaphy. New signings are Alan Byrne a centre half from Shelbourne and two new strikers Karl Bermingham from Waterford United and David Freeman also from Shelbourne.

Three of our under 20’s from last year have also caught the managements attention they are Aaron McCarey, Seamus Quigley and Niall Flynn who have joined the first team panel.

Before completing their final line up the management are looking at a number of other players."

monutdfc
27/01/2009, 5:28 PM
Three of our under 20’s from last year have also caught the managements attention they are Aaron McCarey, Seamus Quigley and Niall Flynn who have joined the first team panel.

Can't wait to see Aaron make his first team debut! A true fan playing for his hometown team; then when he becomes a premiership multimillionaire he can bankroll us into Europe :D:D:D

randomcomment
28/01/2009, 8:15 AM
Freeman and Bermingham up front?? One of the best strike partnerships in the division IMO...

Magicme
28/01/2009, 8:46 AM
Can't wait to see Aaron make his first team debut! A true fan playing for his hometown team; then when he becomes a premiership multimillionaire he can bankroll us into Europe

He will coz I will have him married off to my soon-to-be-model sister and he better or else!!

Yeah its great that a kid who has hung out in the dressing room with the team since he was about 12yrs old will now be pulling on the jersey with them.

Freeman and Bermingham up front?? One of the best strike partnerships in the division IMO...

You think? Good!!! :D

GenerationXI
28/01/2009, 12:06 PM

Bermingham is a great signing for ye! (I have to say 'ye' on here or else I'd be killed, but in my head I'm thinking 'us.' ;))

Iorfa2MaccaJim
28/01/2009, 5:22 PM
What !

Could you elaberate on that GenerationXI

Town Legend
28/01/2009, 8:40 PM
Wouldn't be too excited about Freeman. Didn't do much with us and according to some Shels fans they're glad to be rid of him. Bermingham though has potential. Should still be a good year for ye.

Have to say I'm impressed with your board over keeping Cooke as manager. A lot of teams would of ditched him by now but he's gradually putting a decent team together up there without breaking the bank.

Magicme
29/01/2009, 8:42 AM
What !

He is half Monaghan so in his heart he is a Mons fan but to stay alive in Limerick he has to be a Lims fan!!

Wouldn't be too excited about Freeman. Didn't do much with us and according to some Shels fans they're glad to be rid of him. Bermingham though has potential. Should still be a good year for ye.

Have to say I'm impressed with your board over keeping Cooke as manager. A lot of teams would of ditched him by now but he's gradually putting a decent team together up there without breaking the bank.

Cooke is the longest serving manager in the LOI and whilst we may not have won anything in his time he has improved our results each season. We have a long view on these things and would rather give him the support and patience which are now paying off than drag in someone new who would set back our vision for the future through overspending etc.

GenerationXI
29/01/2009, 10:33 AM
What !

Tis as the lass says.

Blue Bear
05/03/2009, 11:57 AM
Can't wait to see Aaron make his first team debut! A true fan playing for his hometown team; then when he becomes a premiership multimillionaire he can bankroll us into Europe :D:D:D

Can't see him making his debut this year, or next year either. Remember he's only 17! He's also got three keepers ahead of him at the minute

Magicme
05/03/2009, 5:03 PM
It will do him good to train with the senior team though and hopefully we will see him in the blue and white at some stage. He is such a good lad and deserves a fantastic career.