Dunne
O'Shea

S Reid
Kavanagh
A Reid
Duff

Keane
Doherty

Andy Reid central midfield? Interesting decision. Good to see Duff where he belongs and Kilbane relegated to the bench. Hopefully we'll see Delap on at some stage too.

colster
18/11/2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by NigeSausagepump
Given

Carr
Cunningham
Dunne
O'Shea

S Reid
Kavanagh
A Reid
Duff

Keane
Doherty

Andy Reid central midfield? Interesting decision. Good to see Duff where he belongs and Kilbane relegated to the bench. Hopefully we'll see Delap on at some stage too.

I wouldn't mind if Stephen Reid was given a go in central midfield. Most commentators have said that is where he will eventually end up.

Anyway I think this is a very exciting lineup with all the midfielders capable of scoring goals.

I think this could be a very good game for Ireland and will be a great introduction for Andy Reid.

When you look at that side it gives you some confidence for the future when you consider the calibre of players playing and the ones that have been left out.

We seem to have a few players now that have genuine pace and skill.
All we need now is to find a fulcrum in midfield and attack.
Kavanagh, Delap, Healy or Holland might provide that bit of metal in midfield with Miller in the attacking role.

Dohery or Alan Lee might provide the fulcrum that Hartson provides for Wales and Shearer for Newcastle.

tiktok
18/11/2003, 1:21 PM
attacking line up.
wouldn't worry that the midfield might be a small bit lightweight in a friendly against canada, i'm expecting to see goals now.