PDA

View Full Version : Speculation on Transfers

Well Red
25/01/2009, 8:21 PM
I thought it was very helpful that SR Official website informed us that they wanted to stop all the speculation about signings and that no signings had taken place. That was a wise statement as we were beginning to lose the run of ourselves. However that was nearly two and a half week ago and I feel a vacuum is being created by no posting since that. Not for a moment do I expect to hear who the club are after or signings but there are a host of other activities going on that we would love to hear about and the life blood of the club in in telling. Most of us on here are to put it mildly fanatics and we survive on snippets of official information, especially off season. There are so many aspects to running a club the size of Rovers and congratulations on having our budget passed according to some of the papers that I read today. Trouble is I do not belive everything I read in the papers and if it is true, then I would love to read in on the our Official website, these are the things I am talking about.
I have huge regard for what everyone connected to the club is doing but Marketing is the lifeline of any business Hope I have not offended anyone as i know it is easy to be critical but please just make information more available here than just every two and a half weeks.

Inside Man
25/01/2009, 8:37 PM
Have to say I'm behind you on that post. I do visit the official site often, however its not updated too often and i would like to here more news about the club and what is going on. Even an article on the site about 'Cook and the squad return to training'. Something simple. An interview here or there. Not that hard. Personnally if they have no people to do this kind of thing i would love to help out. But i know they have plenty of men involved in it to at least come up with a new story on a weekly basis.

sligofan4ever
25/01/2009, 8:41 PM
There always late for posting news, everyone knows it before its announced on the site. Its a day or 2 before the match report is up.

For the off season, they should have interviews with the players, Paul Cook and Gerry Carr on what they tought of the season gone by and their hopes for next season, its a good thing Faz isn't here, half of his answers would be "I don't know" :D.

Rory H
25/01/2009, 8:48 PM
There's no denying information is slow to come from the club and it is very frustrating that all the news of the club is reported in the media rather than the website.

Effort was made to clarify the position on signings etc last week, but afaik we know with the situation is dragging on so there are no new signings announced. So, no point repeating what was said two weeks ago today. There will always be speculation so there is no point responding to all of it. At the end of the day, it's all speculation until someone signs. End of story.

Totally agree about the return to training thing...there should have been an article on that. Apologies for that.

As for the off season, whenever we interview anyone from the club they are very welcoming and open. The management team deserve a break, as we all do, so don't think it is right to bother then when they are on their break.

Not speaking for the club but as part of the website team, we're all busy people and we try to do our best. I can admit slacking off last year because found the time hard to come by. If anyone is willing to contribute to the site, you'll be more than welcome. Will try to make more of an effort from now on.

forza rovers
26/01/2009, 9:03 PM
There always late for posting news, everyone knows it before its announced on the site. Its a day or 2 before the match report is up.

For the off season, they should have interviews with the players, Paul Cook and Gerry Carr on what they tought of the season gone by and their hopes for next season, its a good thing Faz isn't here, half of his answers would be "I don't know" :D.the match reports were up that night or in the morning after.