PDA

View Full Version : Belfield

Neil
24/09/2001, 11:44 AM
Are many people thinking of traveling tomorrow?

Could anyone give instructions as the best way to get to Belfield from the road in from Cork?

Bernie
24/09/2001, 2:26 PM
There are plenty of options, but i reckon this is the easiest to follow, although I stand to be corrected.

Head into the city as if your going into Inchicore( ie you've past the Red cow on Right)
Just before you hit the first canal , turn right before you go over it and foloow the canal along for a good bit till you hit Leeson Street at one of the Bridges. There's no direct right turn you have to on about 100 yards to make the right turn to get onto Leeson street. From there on its pretty much another long straight run out to Donnybrook passing the Burlington , Old Wesley rugby ground(i Think) and RTE all on your left.
Then take a Left when you see the UCD signs and that will take you to a bridge that runs over the dual carraigeway.

Sounds tricky but its straight runs along Canal and down Leeson street.

James
24/09/2001, 2:52 PM
cheers bernie, sure we can always ring ya if we get lost
BTW you coming up to the game, although i hear the weather forecast aint good for tomorrow. there'll be no sun shining tomorrow ;)

PS still waiting for those lotto numbers to finance my trip to the US and to behonest your cutting it a bit close as I'm going soon:D

pete
24/09/2001, 3:20 PM
Bernies suggestion is the must straightforward way except that turn onto the canal is closed for Luas works so heres the alternative one.........

Drive up the N8/N7
Thru the red cow roundabout
Take next right (big junction) onto the 'Long Mile Road'
Keep on straight for 1-2 miles, If you notice the Iveagh ground (St James Gate) on yout left your doing well.
Proceed into Crumlin, pass the shopping centre on your left, take a left just after it & the garda station.
A few hundred yearsd up should hit the canal & hopefully be able to take a right (virtually no right turns allowed anywhere in dublin). If can't take right just go past & do u-turn.
Proceed up the canal, pass Portobello bridge, past The Barge pub bridge (stop for a pint ;) ) & then the Leeson St Bridge.
You probably won't be allowed turn right at lesson street bridge so about 50 yards past it take a right & just onto the main road.

Pass the Burlington,
Thru Donnybrook (rugby ground on the left)
Onto the Stillorgan dualcarraigeway
Past RTengerland

Belfield options:
1) Turn left & go over the flyover = UCD!!!!!
Should be able to park in the car park ahead, theres a walkway near the running track & walk half a mile down there.
2) Alternatively go under the flyover, up the road a bit & take next right (opposite Radisson Hotel) about 30-40 yards on the right is turnoff for dept of Biology (or something) If its open can park next to ground in there

Getting to the canal is the hardest bit, easy after that.

Thast me done, back to work.........

Bernie
24/09/2001, 3:43 PM
Good directions. I must bow to rebels superior info.

Poor old James, the basics are you have to buy a ticket to win, and no can't make Dublin tomorrow. Forecast isn't great and I'm just biding my time for the final onslaught on the title.:)

The joys of being around when the chips are down.

pete
24/09/2001, 6:56 PM
Course ye could just go via Tallaght 'n see if ye spot any of your new friend from sunday ;)

Could also see how much work isn't been done to the ground ;)

James
24/09/2001, 7:04 PM
yea thats a good idea rebel, we'll drive over we can meet the rovers lads, maybe Kempes could come along, and they can give us a tour of the area, abnd maybe tell us about miltown!

maybe you could cycle over and meet us there rebel;) ;)

pete
25/09/2001, 9:28 AM
maybe you could cycle over and meet us there rebel

The memories are coming flooding back :(

New changes to the directions.....

Drive up the N8/N7
Thru the red cow roundabout
Take next LEFT (big junction) onto the 'Long Mile Road'......

You'll find some friendly locals just glad to point you in the right direction ;)

Snatch
25/09/2001, 12:00 PM
Have the Exiles any plans to meet up before the match?

I'll should be in the Student bar at 7.00.

pete
25/09/2001, 1:06 PM
I can't do pre-match stuff as just make ko sytraight from work i'd say.

Is it 7.30 or 7.45 anyone?

Neil
26/09/2001, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by rebel
Is it 7.30 or 7.45 anyone?
7.30 I think...

pete
26/09/2001, 12:09 PM
Cheers :rolleyes:

Ah sure the UCD programme editor didn't know either anyway ;)