PDA

View Full Version : Sligo Rovers Needs You

akearins
22/01/2009, 2:25 PM
sligo rovers needs you (http://www.thebitored.com/?p=497)

Rovers1
22/01/2009, 3:56 PM
Alan, do you have any hard copies of the posters?? my printer is broken :(

red arrow
22/01/2009, 9:56 PM
this is a great idea as i have said before but alan needs help. what about trust members giving this idea one big push. i have already mentioned before in previous posts that if this idea were networked among friends and family(ie each member of the trust sign up 10 people) this would be a great help. i know that people will say why don,t i do it as well. i will help out as best i can but i am already very much involved in other fund raising ventures on behalf of the club. if we cannot put togeather more funds for the club well then paul cook will only have 13 players and if we get any injuries (which is always likely) we will be in big trouble. what concerns me right now is and i ask the question,if more funds are not made available by end of next week and window closes end of this month,does this mean we will be unable to sign the players that cook has waiting in the wings(eg parkhouse). what could happen is that also coleman could be sold but we would not get the funds until february. also with regard to the budget unless we can show say an extra revenue flow of k50 incorporated in the figures by end of next week the fai will not give us the go ahead to bring in extra players. so that is why it is hugely important that this venture happens from tonight. once again i will give an example of how networking is very successful. 50 trust members getting 10 people each @e2 per week is an extra e1000 = 2 players wages. i would like to know how many members in the trust. if everybody made a supreme effort for the next week we have a chance. the league is very open this year, we have a manager and a team that can be successful but the club needs your help now . "sligo rovers needs you" NOW!

RGMY
22/01/2009, 10:07 PM
excellent post red arrow totally agree with u on this issue 2 euro lads is not exactly an awful lot to ask for yet i tink alan in a previous post said only 18 r 20 lads had signed up we hear a lot on this forum how good our fans are well now the time is here to actually prove it i have approached lads to join up this scheme and to be honest a bit dissapointed with their reaction all saying after xmas funds tight r in the 400 club woopie well the majority of people r in the same boat its up to us to help out as much as we can this season is going to be as difficult and as hard as last season but with a bit more effort it could well be a great year listen to no excuses lads its only 2 euro thats right 2 euro

brianw82
22/01/2009, 10:35 PM
Jesus lads, a bit of punctuation wouldn't go amiss there!

red arrow
24/01/2009, 11:30 AM
a bit of help from brian bw82 would'nt go a stray either. with regard to transfer window i now have learned that the closing is end of february. this now gives us a bit more time to get these posters out. the success of it depends on the help given. i myself have "lamanated" about 50
posters, it takes a bit of time but does a very neat job, so if anybody could get there hands on a lamenator it would be a big help.as i said before if we can make more funds available we can get a few more players but we need a big push with this now. it would be great if we were able to go to the club at the end of next week and have 300 signed up. that would get us an extra player. we could then push onward for the 1000 by the end of the month. the one thing i noticed about alan's plea for help is that so far vey few people have visited this page(a bit worrying) we seem to be great at making all sorts of comment on other pages but when it comes down to a specific plea for help the silence is frightening. however i will give this one a bit of time as i know the genuine supporter will make an effort

redobit
26/01/2009, 8:40 AM
a bit of help from brian bw82 would'nt go a stray either. with regard to transfer window i now have learned that the closing is end of february. this now gives us a bit more time to get these posters out. the success of it depends on the help given. i myself have "lamanated" about 50
posters, it takes a bit of time but does a very neat job, so if anybody could get there hands on a lamenator it would be a big help.as i said before if we can make more funds available we can get a few more players but we need a big push with this now. it would be great if we were able to go to the club at the end of next week and have 300 signed up. that would get us an extra player. we could then push onward for the 1000 by the end of the month. the one thing i noticed about alan's plea for help is that so far vey few people have visited this page(a bit worrying) we seem to be great at making all sorts of comment on other pages but when it comes down to a specific plea for help the silence is frightening. however i will give this one a bit of time as i know the genuine supporter will make an effort

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20090129.p.LerviaHotColdLaminator

Dont Ask!!

dong
26/01/2009, 8:53 AM
excellent post red arrow totally agree with u on this issue 2 euro lads is not exactly an awful lot to ask for yet i tink alan in a previous post said only 18 r 20 lads had signed up we hear a lot on this forum how good our fans are well now the time is here to actually prove it i have approached lads to join up this scheme and to be honest a bit dissapointed with their reaction all saying after xmas funds tight r in the 400 club woopie well the majority of people r in the same boat its up to us to help out as much as we can this season is going to be as difficult and as hard as last season but with a bit more effort it could well be a great year listen to no excuses lads its only 2 euro thats right 2 euro
I agree in part, but it's not only 2 euro is it? What about all those who donated during the summer when the club came begging? It all adds up and it ends up being a substantial amount to somebody who may have lost a job/had wages cut etc. Costs a good bit just to get along to as many games as you can each year, which I think is the most important thing. Not knocking it and I would encourage anybody to get on it but at the same time you can't blame people.

akearins
26/01/2009, 12:04 PM
Lads, no one is putting a gun to anyones head.If fans do not want to sign up so be it.The beauty about this fundraiser is ,if circumstances change you can stop the standing order anytime and start it agan at a later date.
Some fans are totting up the €2 per week x 12months then coming back saying its a lot.Tru if you donated it in one lump sum.

Ask youself if you buy a coffee, paper, leave jacket in cloak room at nite club, pay to park etc.. if you add all these up and get total for 12 months would it stop you buying a paper, coffee, parking etc. No but we still do it.

Most of us get paid into bank accounts and very rare if it is an even number, usually left with a few Euro we cannot withdraw at a pass machine(point well made by magoo).Why not donate this i.e. if you get €xxx.32, you cannot take out the €2 in coins.

Balls in the supporters court .We can play the blame game when Paul says he needs a bigger squad but funds arent there or when he has to field inexperienced U20's due to injury and sespensions.

Do we want to challenge or stay static.

RGMY
26/01/2009, 10:17 PM
excellent post alan yet again you have hit the nail on the head urself and red arrow should really have more say in the running of the club. two supporters who have got rovers in their blood if we had more like ye in the major day to day running of the club who knows where we could get. keep up the good work lads.