PDA

View Full Version : Town Website

Town Legend
22/01/2009, 6:13 AM
Is it me or does the Town website be rarely updated? Plus I also think its a very plain website with little insight into the club. It needs a bit of colour and pictures to brighten it up a bit. Does anyone agree or am I on my own on this one??:confused:

Martinho II
22/01/2009, 6:11 PM
Is it me or does the Town website be rarely updated? Plus I also think its a very plain website with little insight into the club. It needs a bit of colour and pictures to brighten it up a bit. Does anyone agree or am I on my own on this one??:confused:

i agree with you one hundred per cent, the website was one of the best in the country six seven years ago and has died a slow death.. i hope the new committee have this on their agenda..

Longfordian
22/01/2009, 6:27 PM
In fairness it just requires people to take the time to do profiles etc, send on pictures, do reports, interviews. Like a lot of things there was never anyone bothered enough to do it. It's not costing the club anything either bear in mind, maybe 40 or 50 quid for the domain name renewal every year, nor did it cost them anything to get built and set up.

Two Left Boots
23/01/2009, 1:32 AM
I totally agree. There should be more info on the past, the history of the club and mayb some old photos of Previous teams. Surely de likes of Alan Matthews and Stephen Kenny deserve a mention as well as the old players like Jamesie Farrell, Zack Hackett, Mark Monaghan, Keith O'Connor, etc. I loved dat DVD they brought out a while ago as well. They should trying selling stuff as well, try to promote de town. Just an idea anyway...

Two Left Boots
23/01/2009, 1:38 AM
The photo gallery only goes back as far as 2007.

Town Legend
23/01/2009, 1:59 AM
Yeah agree with Two Left Boots there. They should have a history thing on past players managers and I'm sure there's photo's floating round somewhere on past teams!!

daithi
23/01/2009, 2:35 AM
Here's one, can you name them?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/anallyrover/3155040029/

Some good photos of paddy clabby teams also.....

Two Left Boots
23/01/2009, 2:40 AM
U should get onto de town website. Tell them to put dat up. Dat's a classic.

Town Legend
23/01/2009, 2:42 AM
Jaysus thats a blast from the past!!

Well Zac is there as well as leo, jelly keenan and pierce walsh i think!!
And thats hardly a very young stephen kelly in the back?
Synan Braddish?
Terry Wogan?
Morris-Burke?

Half them prob aren't on it but just a guess!! Only know 4/5 for definite!!

Town Legend
23/01/2009, 2:43 AM
what year is that photo?

Town Legend
23/01/2009, 2:53 AM
Who's standing in between Zac and who I think is Stephen Kelly?? He looks familiar as well. I was only a young gasson in them days, spent my time standing behind them goals after the ball!!! He nearly looks like John Cleary with a mad hair do!!! But he only managed us didn't he??? But also looks like Frank McNamee. Alan Weldrick is that who it is?????

Two Left Boots
23/01/2009, 3:14 AM
Is dat Donal Sweeney in the red tracksuit top and bottoms by any chance?

Longfordian
23/01/2009, 11:15 AM
I'm sure if you email any photos or whatever they'll put them up on the site somewhere or even put them in the programme this season. admin@ltfc.ie .

Cabs88
23/01/2009, 1:42 PM
i agree the website could do with being updated..but like the match programme..people are happy to give out about it and yet wont bother contributing to it..

Martinho II
23/01/2009, 7:05 PM
what year is that photo?

found this photo in a old longford town program from 1991..

the players i would recognise are heysham, zac,kellier and jelly keenan. the fellow on the far left of the photo is martin mccabe who was physio for the town at the time and still goes to town matches.. leo devlin would be sittin down in the middle..

I actually have the list of the players somewhere that appeared in that photo .. leave it with me and i will post on all the names in it.. ah the sweet innocent days..

Martinho II
23/01/2009, 7:07 PM
Is dat Donal Sweeney in the red tracksuit top and bottoms by any chance?

yep you are right thats donie sweeney .. saw a picture of him in this weeks leader hes in the guards in athlone..

daithi
23/01/2009, 10:22 PM
David Flaherty (RIP) second on front and Peter Fagan i think forth on front row. And Heysham first on back row.

Town Legend
24/01/2009, 1:58 AM
I actually have the list of the players somewhere that appeared in that photo .. leave it with me and i will post on all the names in it.. ah the sweet innocent days..

Good man Martinho knew we could rely on ya for the info..........don't go disappointing me now:p

Martinho II
25/01/2009, 7:23 PM
found this photo in a old longford town program from 1991..

the players i would recognise are heysham, zac,kellier and jelly keenan. the fellow on the far left of the photo is martin mccabe who was physio for the town at the time and still goes to town matches.. leo devlin would be sittin down in the middle..

just had a look at the photo again its not the same one as the one that was in the match programme.. the only other name that I can place is in the middle of the back row gerry martin (black hair with stache)..

LTFCfan
28/01/2009, 3:25 AM
I'd often notice through the season the table not being updated, which would be a basic you'd imagine, they might work on that this season.

Aside from that much of it is a two birds with one stone job - notes included in the paper go on the website or vice versa.

I contacted the email on it once with some query and never got a reply so I'm not sure of who's actually dealing with that side, but you cant really blame or criticise if there's none too many to contribute.

sorbothegreek
28/01/2009, 7:07 AM
Just to let you all know that i'm updating it the last. No table to put up at the moment, squad profiles will go up when we have a squad finalised.

As regards the lotto results, the company 'local lotto' have been asked more than once to show me how to update this section but i'm still waiting.

New sections can be looked at once the season is up and running.

max power
28/01/2009, 12:37 PM
Just to let you all know that i'm updating it the last. No table to put up at the moment, squad profiles will go up when we have a squad finalised.

As regards the lotto results, the company 'local lotto' have been asked more than once to show me how to update this section but i'm still waiting.

Its a thankless job so well done !

LTFCfan
28/01/2009, 12:43 PM

Cool, I look forward to the updates, well done.

RiffRaff
28/01/2009, 2:05 PM
One thing i would like to see on the site is online merchandise sales. I know this isnt going to generate a huge amount of interest or sales, but every penny counts and there are plenty of people I'm sure who would be interested in buying merchandise but dont get to the games / town too much (myself included).

Another thing which i think would look good is town stats and figures - most league appearances, goals, most goals in a season, players capped at various levels while with the town, etc

Martinho II
28/01/2009, 4:22 PM
One thing i would like to see on the site is online merchandise sales. I know this isnt going to generate a huge amount of interest or sales, but every penny counts and there are plenty of people I'm sure who would be interested in buying merchandise but dont get to the games / town too much (myself included).

Another thing which i think would look good is town stats and figures - most league appearances, goals, most goals in a season, players capped at various levels while with the town, etc

its all and well and good riffraff but the problem is that there is very little stats of the town available in the domain mainly because we were crap for a long time.. I am in the process of doing research on the town since the 84-85 season.. I have eight seasons covered till 92-93 season so far.. it will take time to get all of the stats.. i dont think too many people know who made most appearances for town..rest of it are straight forward enough..

RiffRaff
28/01/2009, 4:59 PM
Sorry Martinho - I'd assumed that someone in the club had been keeping records of teams etc since joining the league. If thats not the case then yes it is going to be a huge job to get all that info and I appreciate how much work youre putting into it. I do think that with todays internet obcessed world, curious people will be logging on to Longford Towns website from around the world, cos they have seen the name somewhere and are curious and in that sense an informative and up to date website reflects on how well organised the club is, or thats how people may see it.

atfconline
28/01/2009, 5:55 PM
its all and well and good riffraff but the problem is that there is very little stats of the town available in the domain mainly because we were crap for a long time.. I am in the process of doing research on the town since the 84-85 season.. I have eight seasons covered till 92-93 season so far.. it will take time to get all of the stats.. i dont think too many people know who made most appearances for town..rest of it are straight forward enough..

Trawling through old newspapers, getting the team-sheet from each match and then compiling the season stats from that is the best way to go.

Town Legend
28/01/2009, 6:35 PM
Fair play to both ye fellas (Sorbo the Greek and Martinho). I'd have a guess and say Digger might have most appearances in League of Ireland for us, although not too sure on how many years Zac played for us????

Always thought someone should of been keeping track of appearances goalscorers etc.....
I'm away for a year now and missed half of last season and a good chunk of this season coming so just to keep me going I started to keep a log of the team line outs, appearances, goalscorers and transfers. Thats why I was asking about last years team!!

I found a website Martinho that gives all clubs teams and results up to 3 seasons ago if thats any help to ya? Although in one of the seasons I think there misssing 3 or so games. Here's the link for it.

http://www.walkthechalk.com/team.php?page=1&id=33#games

Martinho II
28/01/2009, 7:02 PM
Fair play to both ye fellas (RiffRaff and Martinho). I'd have a guess and say Digger might have most appearances in League of Ireland for us, although not too sure on how many years Zac played for us????

Always thought someone should of been keeping track of appearances goalscorers etc.....
I'm away for a year now and missed half of last season and a good chunk of this season coming so just to keep me going I started to keep a log of the team line outs, appearances, goalscorers and transfers. Thats why I was asking about last years team!!

I found a website Martinho that gives all clubs teams and results up to 3 seasons ago if thats any help to ya? Although in one of the seasons I think there misssing 3 or so games. Here's the link for it.

http://www.walkthechalk.com/team.php?page=1&id=33#games

i am using old archives on longford leader at the moment so am better starting from scratch.. i dont think the site is reliable for appeatances but it wouldnt have individual teamsheets.. i would love to know who has made the most appearances for us in the eircom league.. i know zac played from 84-85 to jan 92 for us except for six mths with athlone.. reckon hes in with a shout.. digger was there from 98-99 to 05 season so it would have to be him and sean prunty or zac .. it will take a while to find out but my guess is that digger could run zac close for most league appearances

RockofGibraltar
13/02/2009, 3:01 PM
has the site been disbanded? was tryin to go on it there but cant access it

Longfordian
13/02/2009, 3:15 PM
The domain name is up for renewal at this time of year I think so they might have not gotten around to paying the hosting company. Only costs 30 or 40 quid or something so should be sorted out easily enough I'd imagine. Hasn't been disbanded anyway as far as I know.