24/09/2001, 11:42 AM
My team for tomorrow...

Devine
Carey Coughlan Daly Horgan
Flanagan Bennett O'Grady Cahill
Morley Mulligan

A face
24/09/2001, 11:45 AM
Bennett alright though, i though he was getting something sone on his ankle, after the summer, he played well towards the end of last year as well.:)

Neil
24/09/2001, 11:47 AM
Sure he came on yesterday. Did he get injured?

Also Buckley is supposed to be back in training.

A face
24/09/2001, 12:14 PM
It is Buckley who had the operation on his ankle. Glad to hear he is back, Bucko is a handy player.

Brotus
24/09/2001, 1:10 PM
I can't believe that you would include Morley in you Starting 11.
The man was static yesterday. The introduction O'Brien made all
the difference. The was a forward who jump in the air, chase a ball and Mulligan's game improved aswell. I think Mulligan and O'Brien are a great partnership. Starting 11 should be the same 11 that finished yesterday.

James
24/09/2001, 1:17 PM
duno brotus you got to look at the fact that the kid is only 18 and it might be a good idea to ease him into it gently rather then putting all that pressure on him.

Anyway pat morely still has alot to give to city andon his recent performances he deserves his place in the starting line up

undoubtedly West Cork Colin is and will be a great player for us if we can hold on to him, but give him time to settle into the team.

anyway skippy will be suspended prob for 2 games cause if the rediculous sending off in galway last tue where he seemed to elbow a galway player into the balls:D

Maybe Gunther thinks if he doesnt start cloin then leceister will never pick up on it and rob him like they did delaney;)

Brotus
24/09/2001, 1:38 PM
At the game yesterday one of the biggest cheers of the day was Morley been sub'ed, I'm at the X every week and the same happens all the time, can so many people be wrong? The youth of the team really stood out yesterday. Regarding pressure on a 18 year old Carey, Horgan and O'Grady can't be much older. And all three had great games yesterday.

Jim Smith
24/09/2001, 2:40 PM
Originally posted by Brotus
At the game yesterday one of the biggest cheers of the day was Morley been sub'ed, I'm at the X every week and the same happens all the time, can so many people be wrong?
The quick answer to this is "yes, they can" :D

Morely takes a beating most games and rarely reacts - O.K. he did in Galway. He's also usually well marked and he often pulls defenses out of shapeDon't get me wrong, C.P.O'B is a fine player but he is young and needs to build up both his strength and confidence before he gets kicked rotten match in match out and abused by his team's own supporters.

What happens if he has a few bad games and the support turn on him? Bear in mind the nonsense that Morely has been puting up with since the Lusanne (sp?) match - its a wonder that he didn't just walk away in the middle of last season. How many of the cheering fans in the shed yesterday were from the flock of sheep that follow Moses? Morely could score ten goals in a match and they would still say he was ****...

Pat still has much to offer City, don't write him off yet.

Carey, Horgan and O'Grady are also excellent young players but they have much more experience than CPO'B. I'm sure CPO'B will become a regular starter but he shouldn't be rushed. I'd rather see him develope steadily than turn into another Greg O'Halloran

Brotus
24/09/2001, 3:44 PM
I think Morley is gone past his sell by date. He looked unfit from the off yesterday, City may aswell started with ten players.
I know CP is young and he will probably get knocked down when
he hits a purple patch, but with Morley soon to start a 2 or3 match ban is it right to start him tomorrow night, when CP is on a high.

pete
24/09/2001, 4:17 PM
Not usre if i'd play Skippy or Colin2 tomorrow but theres a big difference in the home & away games.

Maybe skippy would be better @ holding the ball up + defenses around the country still fear him.

Colin2 does give us a lot of pace upfront though....

Hard call for Gunther but Colin2 will surely see 60mins at least tomorrow.

Gareth Williams
24/09/2001, 5:14 PM
I think there are an awful lot of idiots who boo Morley. He still has a lot to offer City, but i would probably say that he shouldn't start but a great sub to bring on for the last 15-20 minutes.

As for Colin P. Well Leicertser picked up on young Leon(?) Mcsweeny, and he never even made the 1stteam squad.

joe
24/09/2001, 5:27 PM
According to the Echo, Gunther has already issued a “hands off” warning to any perspective cross-channel clubs that may have a beady eye on him.

pete
24/09/2001, 5:28 PM
According to the Echo, Gunther has already issued a “hands off” warning to any perspective cross-channel clubs that may have a beady eye on him.

Who listens to Gunther anyway Joe?

Neil
24/09/2001, 5:42 PM
Originally posted by Brotus
can so many people be wrong?
Yes, and it's amazing isin't it...

Éanna
29/09/2001, 3:01 PM
I think morley should be used coming off the bench if they're going to play him. O'Flynn has been dumped into the U-21s for no apparent reason- more internal squabbling perhaps?!

pete
29/09/2001, 3:27 PM
O'Flynn has been dumped into the U-21s for no apparent reason

Well we play 2 forwards & theres only room for another 2 on the bench. Skippy, Mulligan, Colin P and would appear Hartigan is the 4th for the moment.

O'Flynn is surely ahead of Noel as he can only improve.