View Full Version : Players

Iorfa2MaccaJim
20/01/2009, 5:54 PM
Hi lads.

Could someone give me a bit of feedback on the current players at
Mervue ?

gufc2000
21/01/2009, 10:52 PM
Brian Donoghue a former gaelic football goalkeeper for Galway is their keeper.
Dave Goldbey who has had few stints with Galway United was their top scorer last season.

Terry
21/01/2009, 11:35 PM
They also have former LOI player Ollie Keogh with them. At the back brothers Eric and Rynal Browne both play at CB although Rynal can also play defensive midfield.

WoodquayBoy
22/01/2009, 3:45 PM
O'Donoghue was based in Derby at the time of their play-off win over Kildare, but flew back for the games. Not sure if he is part of the panel for the 2009 season unless he has moved back here again

smellyfeet
23/01/2009, 9:16 AM
Damien O'Rourke, Central Defender or Center Midfielder. Was at Cork City for a while. Strong as fook and probably the fittest person on the planet. Goldbey was with Lim 37 a few seasons ago, will get a few goals aswell.

sadloserkid
23/01/2009, 4:29 PM
Goldbey and Keogh both ex-Limerick as well as Galway.

KevB76
23/01/2009, 6:09 PM
Goldbey was with Lim 37 a few seasons ago, will get a few goals aswell.

He scored a few goals pre-season for us, so I was expecting great things from him.
However he didnt achieve anything once the season proper got started (did he even score 1 competitive goal for us?). Was gone by mid-season iirc.

But he did score a rake of goals for Mervue in the play-offs v Kildare.

paulfab
27/01/2009, 4:07 PM
goldby would of been good for limerick only for he fell out with mcgee and and ended up bringing them to court because of mcgees antics. he was also there for the entire season coming down to limerick and training on his own.

should get few goals this year.

Ash
29/01/2009, 12:07 PM
Former Athlone player David O'Brien is also with them.
He's played as a defender, midfielder and striker (not all at once I might add :p)

Scored a free kick in the play-off game in Newbridge