PDA

View Full Version : eircom Goal of the Year

A face
20/01/2009, 8:50 AM
http://home.eircom.net/Images/portal/sports/composition.jpg

The 19th Annual eircom International Soccer Awards take place on Sunday 8th February 2009. One of the awards on the night will be the eircom International Goal of the Year. To enter our competition, all you have to do is select your eircom Goal of the Year from the following choice of three outstanding goals.

If your chosen goal matches the winning Goal selected by the Jury panel on February 8th then you’ll be in with a chance to win a great trip for two to see Italy v Rep. of Ireland, 2010 World Cup Qualifier in Bari in Italy on April 1st, including flights, transfers, accommodation and tickets to the match.

Read more at sports.eircom.net (http://sports.eircom.net/sports/goal.jsp)

bwagner
20/01/2009, 9:10 AM
Keane's is the best without doubt... Beating that shower. The run Duff does is class

EAFC_rdfl
20/01/2009, 9:18 AM
why's john o'shea up for junior player of the year :confused::p ??

Duggie
20/01/2009, 12:31 PM
keoghs was the best finish. other goals were more about the set-up. andy gets my vote.

tetsujin1979
20/01/2009, 2:27 PM
keoghs was the best finish. other goals were more about the set-up. andy gets my vote.
What he said.
Keane's finish was a tap in, Doyle's was a header to divert the ball past the keeper, but both were made in the build up.
Keogh's goal looked pure instinct, great finish. Considering his other goal against Nottingham Forest came from more of less the same position (corner of the 6 yard area) it's really surprising that Trapattoni plays him as a winger, rather than as a target man

rambler14
20/01/2009, 3:42 PM
Each goal as crap as the next one but because Andy Keogh kicked the ball the hardest i'll give the prize to him!

A face
20/01/2009, 4:15 PM
why's john o'shea up for junior player of the year :confused: ??

Cos he plays as if he is at schoolboy level, the donkey !! :mad::(

stiffler
20/01/2009, 5:09 PM
Doyles for me due to the fact:

It was the first goal of the qualification campaign

It was a nice move

Keane couldnt have missed his effort

elroy
20/01/2009, 5:10 PM
Not a great selection for us this year, think Doyles was the best team goal.

Gary Breen nominated for an Under 19 award :eek: :D

Razors left peg
20/01/2009, 5:22 PM
Keanes goal for me... Duff skill serves as a reminder to some people that have written him off, he is quality whenever he pulls on the green shirt