PDA

View Full Version : yesterday ........

kempes
24/09/2001, 10:57 AM
I was at the game yesterday and heard after half time that there had been some trouble in the bar at half time when two Cork heads came in and started singing "Milltown is a car park" in the middle of a bunch of Rovers fans. Not surprisingly a fracas ensued! I heard that the Gaurds arrested the two of them.

I been following Rovers home and away for over 10 years and have never been involved in any trouble. I know that there are a few nutters following Rovers who do go looking to get involved in / start trouble, but I know that the majority of fans only go to the games for the same reason as everyone else, cheer the team, have a few pints etc. If Rovers can identify the people causing trouble outside afterwards, then great, bar them, I've no problem with that.

I also know that there are nutters who come out of the woodwork every time we play in Turners Cross looking to "take on those Dublin *******s" etc. I've seen this myself several times at the Cross over the years and I am sure that the two in the pub yesterday were just this. How come there is only trouble between Rovers and Cork down in Turners Cross and never in Dublin!

Why aren't fans searched properly and stopped from bringing drink into games?
Why are people allowed out of the ground to get more drink into them at half time?
Why aren't fans away fans kept inside the ground while home fans cleared out of the ground and away from outside?

Sorting these things out would go a long way towards nipping all this in the bud.

koh

Kempes

Neil
24/09/2001, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by kempes
Cork heads came in and started singing "Milltown is a car park" in the middle of a bunch of Rovers fans. Not surprisingly a fracas ensued!
"Not surprisingly a fracas ensued! "
What a load of ****** and typical of that arrogant West Brit attitude. Ye're trying to copy the Brits by being hooligans, but don't try and condone it on here.

Don't start blaming people who have a pint at half time for the trouble. Most civilised people can have a pint without stating a fight. Most civilised people don't react to a simple wind-up chant by flinging ashtrays.

Ye are a disgrace.

James
24/09/2001, 11:09 AM
what about the rovers knackers that were burning a city scarf walking down towards frankie sulls. they were on the other side of the road to us and we ignored them. then the flame seem to really light up and the scarf was 3/4 on fire when they ran across the road and threw it at my face. now i was reading the program or something like that at only at the last second did i see the ball of fire coming towards me and i ducked out of the way

ROVERS SCUM?
explain that kempes?:mad:

Neil
24/09/2001, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by James

explain that kempes

kempes the Ultra!!!

(does he even know what Ultras are about - unless I'm mistaken it's the continental term used for hooligans/extremists)

kempes
24/09/2001, 11:27 AM
Now hold on a minute! Yes the likes of burning scarves, looking to cause trouble are unacceptable and these people should be identified and barred / charged. Yes there are some thugs following Rovers. I was not trying to defend that crap!

But If I walked into the middle of the shed at half time and started signing something like "you're only sheep shagin' bartards" I don't think it would be seen a bit of friendly banter, I sure there'd be a que of spacers looking to attack / clatter me.

I admit that there are thugs following Rovers yet ye are too blind to admit that there are nutters that come out to cause trouble against us and that the stewarding arrangements are lacking in areas.

My original mail asked how come there is only trouble between Rovers and Cork down in Turners Cross and never in Dublin! No-one has yet to answer that!

kempes
24/09/2001, 11:32 AM
>does he even know what Ultras are about - unless I'm mistaken it's the continental term used for hooligans/extremists

yes you are mistaken in a way

in some cases Ultras / Tifos are nutters who cause trouble, but in other cases its about doing as much as you can to get behind the team, create a colourfull atmosphere which is why we set up the SRFCUltras.

Read the frontpage of our website!

www.srfcultras.net

koh

Kempes

Neil
24/09/2001, 11:36 AM
My original mail asked how come there is only trouble between Rovers and Cork down in Turners Cross and never in Dublin! No-one has yet to answer that!
What's your point?

Probably because City fans aren't out to cause trouble. Possibly because (as was pointed out earlier) Rovers scum who are barred from home games go to away games. Possibly because City fans don't have illusions of trying to be like the English.

I don't really know kampes?

A face
24/09/2001, 11:37 AM
I was at the bar ordering a pint for me, my mate and his eight year old brother, there was a bit of banter, by this i mean a joke and a laugh, and then it turned sour after the "Milltown is a carpark", i met the guy who sang it next door (the other bar) about ten minutes laster and he said he never expected that, that he was in shock and said he would have said it if he know it would have turned out like that. It was a joke and a laugh with a few people who like to give it but cant take it, then decided to give their own, there stoll got thrown and there was a girl circa 9-10 right behind that guy in hysterics, scared out of her wits, it is a Sunday afternoon for people who were not at the game and should be able to game to the pub in their own locality, with out the hooligans going mental, there was also a beer splashed at a street seller just outside the main gate, Kempes .... your a fairly clued in bloke, we can see that from your posts and your informed opinion, but dont defend any of these guys actions, it was totally out of order, the Gardas could also have done more as soon as the came on the scene. Bohz in Dundalk should have changed all our opinions to the point of zero tolerence. 14 that young lad was, 14 .... think about it.

A face
24/09/2001, 11:39 AM
said "he wouldn't have said it if he know it would have turned out like that" i mean to say

You know what i mean !!

kempes
24/09/2001, 11:50 AM
Firstly as far as I know there's roughly about 5 people currently barred from the home games (this could be a bit higher I am not 100% sure). Yes, some of these do travel to away games.

But there is nothing to stop these people turning up outside the Hoops home games and looking to attack ye lot or whoever coming out.

My point is that one of the reasons (alongside some thugs who follow Rovers, people ****ed at games from heavy drinking down on the train, bad stewarding arangements etc) is that there has been trouble at Cork Rovers down in Cork is that there are some Cork heads who come out of the woodwork looking for trouble when we arrive.

No-one seems prepared to admit or deny or even consider this.

koh

Kempes

kempes
24/09/2001, 12:01 PM
to reply to a face in the crowd

fair enough, yer man didn't mean to start any trouble and some drunk Rovers fans over re-acted. I know that Milltown is a touchy subject for some Hoops, especaily when ****ed and it looks like that got the wrong end of the stick.

But I have honestly seen other cases over the years where nutters came over to us deliberately looking to cause trouble at the games / outside.

And just to clear all this up, I condemn all trouble at matches, but I think that alot of this could be nipped in the bud by better stewarding etc.. which was what my original post was all about.

this is my last reply all this, too busy in work ......

see you all in 11 games time ;-)

koh

Kempes

Neil
24/09/2001, 12:05 PM
there are some Cork heads who come out of the woodwork looking for trouble when we arrive.
No-one seems prepared to admit or deny or even consider this.

I think you are wrong there. Fair enough a lot of people only come out for the Rovers games (and big cup games), but mostly these are older guys who remember the tradition of these games.

There is only ever trouble at Turners Cross when Rovers or Bohs are in town. It's a disgrace ye are trying to bring hooliganism in to Ireland, leave it with ye're brothers across the water.

James
24/09/2001, 12:05 PM
do you Kempes not agree that is was a bit OTT for rovers scumbags to start throwing glasses at city fans and upturning tables etc over 3 cork fans singing miltown in a carpark in a cork city pub.

surely be to jesus thats fcuking OTT surely

I mean we were getting much worse from the pats fans when we were up in richmond a couple of weeks ago but suprisingly enough for you scum if you ignore it generally goes away, except for rovers scum where if you ignore them they still throw flamingtscarves in your face.

I mean isnt Miltown a fcuking carpark anyway so its not like they are lying.
BTW we get **** everywhere we go about Bishopstown so what the difference

ROVERS ARE SCUM

Neil
24/09/2001, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by James
ROVERS ARE SCUM
Not all, but most...

It's in their Jackeen blood.

John Byrne
24/09/2001, 12:23 PM
The last time I was in that bar (League Cup Final, I think), my mates and I also got the `Milltown is a car park' chants. The blokes doing the chanting didn't look too bright and even less friendly (no hair, green bombers, grumpy faces, 20-yard stares - very early 1980s), but we responded with: `Milltown is an upmarket residential area' or something like that, and it confused them no end. Which was nice.:)

Neil
24/09/2001, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by John Byrne
but we responded with: `Milltown is an upmarket residential area' or something like that, and it confused them no end. Which was nice.:)
Which is the best way to do it. Can you explain to your less intelligent friends how to behave like this? Kempes has been condoning the alternative response of throwing ashtrays.

kempes
24/09/2001, 1:04 PM
what part of "I condemn all trouble at matches" don't you understand?

note that ALL INCLUDES throwing punches, throwing ashtrays, etc..

b.t.w.

still waiting for someone to admit OR deny OR even consider that there's Cork "fans" who come out of the woodwork looking for trouble whenever we are in town!

koh

Kempes

James
24/09/2001, 1:12 PM
AFAIK and and far as isaw there wasnt any, or course i may have missed something
the problem here was a rediculous over-reaction from rovers scum who had had too much too drink

the lads and i know who they are, were not intent on causing anything more then a bit of a slagging, which is part or should be part of the fun of going to games, between the 2 sets of fans.

so far in cork we have had no trouble with shels,dundalk or bohs fans. we all got on ok in the hshoe and both seemed ok with slagging each other off.

At our away matches; in longford we had great craic and there was no trouble at all, boith fans mixed freely and went for pints after.
in bray there was no trouble
as was the case in richmond, despite some prvocation from a few 12 year olds, but on the whole both fans got on ok, except for poor rebel who had his bike nicked while we were in McDowells
after the game
in galway there was no trouble also

except for you scum, we havent seen any problems all season

message to rovers fans, dont drink it you cant handle it
dont go to away games if you cant take a slagging
And miltown is a fcuking carpark so deal with it

grow up Junkie scum

kempes
24/09/2001, 1:23 PM
>grow up Junkie scum

James. tut tut very mature way to sign off a post

Yes Milltown is now a housing estate but at least its not a swamp or a even worse .......... a GAA pitch like Flower (ahemmm cough) Lodge.

;-)

keep on hoopin'

Kempes

James
24/09/2001, 1:28 PM
at least its not a swamp or a even worse .......... a GAA pitch like Flower (ahemmm cough) Lodge.

ok thats it james throws glass at Kempes and upturns all the tables in the office :D :D

now come on admit at least it was a rediculous over reaction

did u honestly think they were looking for a fight by slagging ye with that

hell if i was looking to fight one of ye (and i never would of course as I'm categorically against that sort of thing), then i could surely come up with some more insulting or derogatory retort then the "miltown is a carpark" one!

I think some rovers fans were looking for any little excuse to start something

kempes
24/09/2001, 1:39 PM
> now come on admit at least it was a rediculous over reaction

yes it was! I am sure the lads were ****ed and did over-react

> did u honestly think they were looking for a fight by slagging ye with that

no its seems from faces post that they were not, but in fairness I've have seen nutters that were looking for a bit of agro use that one in the past in Cork and other places

> then i could surely come up with some more insulting or derogatory retort then the "miltown is a carpark" one!

well unless you maybe started singing "If you love Louis Kilcoyne clap your hands..." I don't think anything winds up some Rovers fans as much as that.

> I think some rovers fans were looking for any little excuse to start something

I wouldn't be surpirsed if some of them were. I think Rovers need to look to clamp down on some of our supporters drinking on the way to away games. Some of them obviously can't handle it.

koh

Kempes

ps. this really is my last post.

James
24/09/2001, 1:44 PM
and as if my point needed any further backing up it seems from looking at srultras message board that rovers fans continued to cause trouble on the train on the way back up to the pale

rovers message board (http://network54.com/Hide/Forum/thread?forumid=102537&messageid=1001319751)

You're the scum of dublin town

kempes
24/09/2001, 1:48 PM
note! this is not the SRFCUltras message board. There is no SRFCUltras message baord.

This is the main message board where Hoops fans hang and we just ran a link to it from our front cause it changed location recently, Its NOT ours.

koh

Kempes

James
24/09/2001, 1:52 PM
sry kempes apologies, just hit the link from your site

doesnt take away from that thread though, rovers fans causing more trouble and not a city fan in sight no doubt. Maybe one of the passengers was looking for a fight there i suppose:D

kempes
24/09/2001, 2:07 PM
>Maybe one of the passengers was looking for a fight there i suppose

;-)

No probably just some gob****es, ****ed and ****ed off after the trip. Tossers!

koh

Kempes

niamh
24/09/2001, 2:10 PM
Or maybe it's just a case of sour grapes?
It's hardly City's fault that everytime we play Rovers in Cork that the city is infiltrated with scumbags. When City play in Dublin there are so many of them about City fans know to keep their heads down, but down in Cork such behavour is unacceptable. We are civilised you see kempes...

city boy
24/09/2001, 2:11 PM
kempes i would like to here you try and justify my 14 year old cousin getting tumbed as he waited at the car for my uncle and me to catch up and getting smacked by a guy you must have been over 30.
when my uncle and i ran over i got a smack too before we got them to move on, getting load of **** at work because of my black eye. those ****ers attached a completely innocent youg fella for no reason at all, other than they thought they would be able to get away with it.
fair enough there were a group of about 8 and only three were throwing punches at us but the 5 innocent who didn't get stuck in don't justify the 3 complete tugs.
i take your point that the stewarding is a after getting a bit loose again after being very good all last sseason but that is because it is only when rovers are playing that it is needed.
as for your claim that city fans try to start something when rovers play, back that up with one actual incident.

kempes
24/09/2001, 2:23 PM
City Boy

For FCUK sake! How many times do I have to say it? I disagree with ALL that causing trouble crap! I am not trying to justify or defend it!

One concrete example ....... ok!

I remember being over on the terrace opposite where we were yesterday a few season back, we are all there signing etc. at the start. About 20 mins in this nutter late 20's, rough looking, half ****ed walks up and stands in the middle of the Rovers crowd, and starts shouting ****s these jackeens etc. We were telling the stewards to move him out that he was looking to start a row. They left him there.

Within 5 minutes he starts throwing punches after claiming someone bumped into him or something like that. The stewards then got involved, dragged him out and he was chucked out of the ground. Then afterwards there was a mill up outside the ground and I heard from someone afterwards that he was in the thick of it all. These are the type of nutters who come out looking for trouble.

Other examples, being stoned walking past the Shed many's a time.........

koh

Kempes

joe
24/09/2001, 2:25 PM
It seems to be getting a bit heated in here, and not having seen any of the incidents means I can't comment on them. But I will say this - there seems to be a divide between Kempes and the City lads, which I can't fathom. Kempes, thanks for coming on here and giving your view, from the Hoops side. And let me be the first to say that stewarding standards at the Cross, like most grounds in this country, are not sufficient to deal with trouble, should it break out (I was only talking about this with another foot.ie poster yesterday before the match).

Also there can be no denying that City do have a certain element of fan who only come out for the 'big' games, some of them intent on causing a bit of trouble - before yesterday when was the last time a missile was thrown at ta visiting keeper?

It does however appear that what happened in the Horseshoe yesterday was probably an alcohol-induced over-reaction to a bit of taunting.

As to what happened afterwards that was probably alcohol-induced reaction to the match result. Both City and Rovers followings have 'bad' elements and they do seem to only come out for these games. What can you do?

kempes
24/09/2001, 2:32 PM
Joe,

Fair play to you, what you are saying makes sense and I agree with everything you say.

In fairness the Rovers fans looking for trouble yesterday do go to all the away games but due to the train times always seems to end up most ****ed in Cork than practically anyehere else.

Drink is the root of practically all of this, stop the drinking on the way to games and you'll cut out most of this. Stopping fellas bringing drink into the game and going for drink at half time will help too.

koh

Kempes

James
24/09/2001, 2:48 PM
FAO everyone

Lay off poor old Kempes, read what he has to say forst before laying abuse at him for the actions of others

I mean he's only a jackeen after all:D :D :D

city boy
24/09/2001, 2:48 PM
kempes,

fair enough drink has a bit of a role to play in all these incidents but it is far from the main reason. a lot of people go for a pint before the match and never intend causing any trouble. and anyway it would be almost impossible to enforce. who checks for drink as supporters go into the ground, and anyway i don't believe that much alcohol is consumed during the actual 90 minutes anyway.

it a bit sad but the only solution would be to have a suitation where away fans (including city fans when they are away) are divided off completely, and that we them require some kind of superivisor to and from the match as well. can you realistically keep supporters divided at half time. is that the way we really want the leaugue to go.

at least it would stop the kind of thing that kempes described, where away fans can be intimated by one yob. i'm open to correction but i don't think it is really an issues for away fans at the end of the away stand now anyway.

Macy
24/09/2001, 3:40 PM
Kempes, I really don't know what I'm doing in here, but weren't all the rovers fans down in Longford complaining about over zealous stewarding. After the trouble in Cork it's the fault of the stewards/ security not doing their job! I know there must be a middle ground, but when other clubs here about incidents like this is it any wonder that youse get treated harshly at other grounds?

pete
24/09/2001, 5:14 PM
Got around to reading ths thread at last.

Been suggested the city thug element comes out for the Dublin games: Definitely true!!!
Buring the City flag: Since the kids only looking for a reaction couldn't be bothered. However if they got a thump or 2 would have served right. If I did the same thing outside any ground (not that I would) i wouldn't hang around long.

Since a lot of City people live in Dublin they not likely to get in trouble as they can't leave on the next bus or train. A lot of city away traveling support are 1/2 p***ed after the bus up & not capable of picking a fight. ;)

If your on a day trip the guards are very unlikely to arrest you & your likely to be just put on next train out. (e.g. english hooligans outside the UK)

Any guys 20+ getting involved in anything should be banned from all grounds.

Maybe I should introduce ye all & youse can kiss & make up? Otherwise eircom could sponsor an internet access program for the fighing kids to get their anger out thru the web + its harder to fight with people you know :D :D

rebel yell
24/09/2001, 8:51 PM
Its very sad to hear these reports and I think some City fans have
been harsh on Kempes. The best policing is self-policing as Scotland and Irish fans have shown throughout the years. There
have always been idiots who attach themselves to football but they are just parasites who come along for big games. Also if u
mention crowd problems to Eircom League people they think ur
talking about the lack of people at the games. Why not report the incidents to the gardai or SRFC as maybe these people can be identified and jailed/ banned?

Éanna
29/09/2001, 3:16 PM
I think most away fans have a few pints, as do many home fans- that doesn't cuase trouble. All alcohol does is remove inhibitions- which means that these people are scumbags waiting for an excuse,NOT angels who've been poisoned.