PDA

View Full Version : Multi-quote

superfrank
19/01/2009, 1:27 PM
I'm having trouble with the multi-quote thing in that it doesn't work.

I clicked on it there a few minutes ago and instead of allowing me to continue reading the page and scroll up to the second post I intended to quote, I was taken to a "reply to topic" page straight away with the quote I'd selected already there.

Just to make sure I'd pressed the right button, I went back and tried it in a different thread and the same thing happened.

Anybody know what the problem could be?

pineapple stu
19/01/2009, 2:08 PM
Just tried multi-quoting your post (I know that doesn't make sense, but the button is the same) and it didn't go straight to reply. So it's working OK for me. You sure you're not hitting "Quote" instead? (Stupid question, I know, but you'd be amazed how often the stupid solution is the right one with technology!)

Edit - and I can multi quote your post and mine grand.

superfrank
19/01/2009, 2:40 PM
I was hitting the multi-quote button (the blue one with a quotation mark, second in from the right) and every time it would bring me straight to the "reply to topic" page with the post selected in quotes. It still does it as well.

dahamsta
19/01/2009, 3:31 PM
Javascript disabled at the moment perhaps?

superfrank
19/01/2009, 4:03 PM
You'll have to bare with me adam on this one. I'm terrible with computers.

The posting rules box in the corner of my page says:

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

By Javascript do you mean HTML code? If so, how do I switch it on?

dahamsta
19/01/2009, 7:17 PM
Nah, you'd have to specifically disable JS in your browser. But it sounds very like it's passing through a JS function to a default option with the same action as hitting the Quote button. Which, looking at the source code, is probably the case.

What are you using, Internet Explorer, Firefox?

adam

superfrank
19/01/2009, 7:22 PM
Internet Explorer 7.

dahamsta
19/01/2009, 10:51 PM
It's so long since I used IE any instructions I'd give could be totally whack, but have a look here and see if anything looks screwy:

http://kb.iu.edu/data/ahqx.html

Also check to see you if added "foot.ie" to another Zone by mistake. And finally, try to remember if you installed or uninstalled anything recently, to Windows or IE.

adam

superfrank
20/01/2009, 11:18 AM
Ah, it's working now.

Thanks a mil, adam.

A face
20/01/2009, 12:22 PM
Ah, it's working now.

Thanks a mil, adam.

Do you know what it was Frank? Just a setting or something?

superfrank
20/01/2009, 6:21 PM
Yeah, it was. I just followed the instructions for enabling javascript in the link adam gave.