PDA

View Full Version : Europa Cup Draw - Rovers will play Vllaznia(Albania) winners play Rapid Vienna

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

dublinred
19/01/2009, 11:11 AM
Kicks off in July , the final is in Hamburg next May.

Got these from Uefa.com

2009/10 UEFA Europa League match calendar
Stage Dates
First qualifying round, 1st leg 02.07.2009
First qualifying round, 2nd leg 09.07.2009
Second qualifying round, 1st leg 16.07.2009
Second qualifying round, 2nd leg 23.07.2009
Third qualifying round, 1st leg 30.07.2009
Third qualifying round, 2nd leg 06.08.2009
Play-off round, 1st leg 20.08.2009
Play-off round, 2nd leg 27.08.2009
Group stage, Matchday 1 17.09.2009
Group stage, Matchday 2 01.10.2009
Group stage, Matchday 3 22.10.2009
Group stage, Matchday 4 05.11.2009
Group stage, Matchday 5 02/03.12.2009
Group stage, Matchday 6 16/17.12.2009
Round of 32, first leg 18.02.2010
Round of 32, second leg 25.02.2010
Round of 16, first leg 11.03.2010
Round of 16, second leg 18.03.2010
Quarter-finals, first leg 01.04.2010
Quarter-finals, second leg 08.04.2010
Semi-finals, first leg 22.04.2010
Semi-finals, second leg 29.04.2010
Final (Arena Hamburg, Germany) 12.05.2010

DaveyCakes
19/01/2009, 10:29 PM
Confirmed qualifiers so far:

First Qualifying Round
---------------------
Helsingborg (Swe)
FC Lahti (Fin)
Skonto Riga (Lat)
FK Vetra (Lit)
Derry City (Ire)
Sligo Rovers (Ire)
Keflavk (Ice)
Fram (Ice)
Dynamo Minsk (Blr)
MTZ-RIPO Minsk (Blr)
Flora Tallinn (Est)
Trans Narva (Est)
Ararat Yerevan (Arm)
Gandzasar (Arm)
Irtysh (Kaz)
Almaty (Kaz)
B36 Tórshavn (Far)
NSÍ Runavík (Far)

DaveyCakes
19/01/2009, 10:32 PM
Second Qualifying Round
-------------------------
Tromsø (Nor)
Elfsborg (Swe)
HJK Helsinki (Fin)
FC Honka (Fin)
FK Daugava (Lat)
Liepājas Metalurgs (Lat)
FBK Kaunas (Lit)
St Patrick's Athletic (Ire)
KR Reykjavík (Ice)
Tobol (Kaz)
HB Tórshavn (Far)

DaveyCakes
19/01/2009, 10:34 PM
Third Qalifying Round
--------------------
Zenit St. Petersburg (Rus)
Vålerenga (Nor)
Fredrikstad (Nor)
IFK Göteborg (Swe)

First Round
-----------
Amkar Perm (Rus)

Rovers1
20/01/2009, 8:59 AM
Fram (Ice)

isnt that Ross McGlynn's old club??

dublinred
20/01/2009, 9:42 AM
Hectic schedule if we get through the first few rounds 6 consective midweek matches is bound to affect our league form we will need to have a good few league points racked up by the beginning of July.

We are also at a bit of a disadvantage for Group rounds 5&6 and the last 32 games as its our close season :-)

LondonRover
20/01/2009, 11:07 AM
Please, please let us get through to at least the 2nd qualifying round...and still have a chance in the second leg otherwise I won't be seeing any Europa League football next year! Unless maybe we draw a Welsh team in the first qualifying round...

red_away
20/01/2009, 11:11 AM
Europe is just a holiday for us....Nothing, absolutely nothing should distract us from the league!!!

SligoBrewer
20/01/2009, 4:53 PM
Europe is just a holiday for us....Nothing, absolutely nothing should distract us from the league!!!

This is our chance to prove the improvements that have been made on a bigger scale. This is our chance to end 'Ah the ****ing Rovers, what would you be following them for?' jibes. A holiday? When we go 1-0 up in Riga, tell me again it's a holiday. It's a competition like no other, and while the chances of winning it are slim to none, we have the chance to restore Sligo's pride in the Rovers.

Inside Man
20/01/2009, 4:59 PM
Hey lads we may get a wee trip to Faroe Islands! That wouldn't be bad. Not too far to travel or maybe even Iceland! I can't wait for the draw! When is the draw around does anyone know?

DaveyCakes
20/01/2009, 6:37 PM
Last year the draw was held about 2 weeks before the first matches.

brianw82
20/01/2009, 7:34 PM
Trip to Minsk for me. A bit of Soviet-style police brutality, that's what I be after. :)

Uncle Tupelo
20/01/2009, 10:53 PM
The soviet police are stern, stern but fair !! Those ex soviet states are awful spots, Been to a game in Riga, dont fancy that again. Ideally want to get a handy first round draw in Faroe Islands or A crap Welsh team, then bring on a half decent team from Sweden or Iceland. It'd be great if we managed to get to the third round, could get lucky then and get a big pay day!! You never know

MariborKev
20/01/2009, 10:57 PM
Having been to the Faroes for the Ireland game,you really don't want to go there.

srfc1928
20/01/2009, 11:08 PM
The soviet police are stern, stern but fair !! Those ex soviet states are awful spots, Been to a game in Riga, dont fancy that again. Ideally want to get a handy first round draw in Faroe Islands or A crap Welsh team, then bring on a half decent team from Sweden or Iceland. It'd be great if we managed to get to the third round, could get lucky then and get a big pay day!! You never know
been to a game in Vilnius, Lituania years ago. Great spot.
Not too far either and cheap as chips when you get there

sligoman
21/01/2009, 12:50 AM
I think we all would like a trip to Tallinn...for the beer festival (http://www.ollesummer.ee/eng/front);)

red_away
21/01/2009, 11:38 AM
This is our chance to prove the improvements that have been made on a bigger scale. This is our chance to end 'Ah the ****ing Rovers, what would you be following them for?' jibes. A holiday? When we go 1-0 up in Riga, tell me again it's a holiday. It's a competition like no other, and while the chances of winning it are slim to none, we have the chance to restore Sligo's pride in the Rovers.

Its a tournament that could lose you 50k in the process - keeping our PL status would be the priority over everything - do you think we will win the competition?

We should be competitive as always but i would rather 3 points than a euro hangover and lose!

I will be at both home and away games anyway and will shout the rovers on but its all about priorities!

Dodge
21/01/2009, 12:07 PM
Riga was a great trip last year.

Clubs shouldn't really lose money on it as they're prize money of approximately 70k per round so that should cover all costs. Add ina bumper midweek crowd in July and the chance to get more sponsors and merchandise. Last year Pats charged €10 in and the place was full for both games in Inchicore. It should be an even easier sell for sligo.

We got at least as much good press last year for getting through two rounds as Bohs did for winning the double. Progress in europe simply can't be overstated (providing you can pay for it, obvioulsy)

redobit
21/01/2009, 1:27 PM
Riga was a great trip last year.

Clubs shouldn't really lose money on it as they're prize money of approximately 70k per round so that should cover all costs. Add ina bumper midweek crowd in July and the chance to get more sponsors and merchandise. Last year Pats charged €10 in and the place was full for both games in Inchicore. It should be an even easier sell for sligo.

By a prize I assume you mean by just playing in the first round - even if you lose. Cause usually you only a prize when you win somthin.

brianw82
21/01/2009, 6:31 PM
By a prize I assume you mean by just playing in the first round - even if you lose. Cause usually you only a prize when you win somthin.

I would've thought he meant by getting through the round.

Inside Man
21/01/2009, 6:45 PM
As far as i know there is prize money for appearing in the round anyway. I think. about half of what the winner of the tie gets.

DaveyCakes
02/03/2009, 10:08 PM
Third Qalifying Round
--------------------
Vålerenga (Nor)
Fredrikstad (Nor)
IFK Göteborg (Swe)
Manchester United (Eng):)

Boo_Boy
03/03/2009, 9:27 AM
Third Qalifying Round
--------------------
Vålerenga (Nor)
Fredrikstad (Nor)
IFK Göteborg (Swe)
Manchester United (Eng):)

United are winning the league over in England and they will be in the Champs League.

Dodge
03/03/2009, 9:50 AM
As far as i know there is prize money for appearing in the round anyway. I think. about half of what the winner of the tie gets.

You got about €70,000 for each round you played in the old UEFA Cup. Not sure what'll happen next year

avvenalaf
03/03/2009, 1:00 PM
United are winning the league over in England and they will be in the Champs League.

DaveyCakes, I think you'll have to lower your sights a bit:D

DaveyCakes
03/03/2009, 1:42 PM

*sigh* I am aware of this, hence my ":)"

DaveyCakes
30/03/2009, 11:00 PM
Big news..

FC Almaty have merged with FC Megasport Almaty, moved to Astana, and are now called Lokomotiv Astana.

DaveyCakes
14/04/2009, 9:40 PM
Rovers will be seeded in the first round draw, so can be drawn against teams from:

Estonia, Albania, Kazakhstan, Armenia, Wales, Northern Ireland, Faroes, Luxembourg, Montenegro, Andorra, Malta, and San Marino.

We can't draw Sweden, Israel, Cyprus, Slovakia, Poland, Croatia, Finland, Lithuania, Latvia, Slovenia, Belarus, Bosnia, or Hungary

The seeding of teams from Georgia, Moldova, Iceland, Macedonia, Azerbaijan, and the 3 Fair Play entrants is yet to be decided.

Rory H
14/04/2009, 9:46 PM
Kazakhstan is lovely in July....this is going to be an expensive trip if it's not wales/ni!

DaveyCakes
14/04/2009, 9:57 PM
The New Saints (ex Total Network Solutions) will be one of the 2 Welsh clubs in the First qualifying round.

SligoBrewer
14/04/2009, 9:57 PM
Rovers will be seeded in the first round draw, so can be drawn against teams from:

Estonia, Albania, Kazakhstan, Armenia, Wales, Northern Ireland, Faroes, Luxembourg, Montenegro, Andorra, Malta, and San Marino.

I think we should take any team from those countries. Montenegro could be iffy.

Dodge
14/04/2009, 10:00 PM

Any links for this? Up until last week the FAI hadnt been informed about the new europa league lay out (and it wasn't announced anywhere either)

DaveyCakes
14/04/2009, 10:13 PM
http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/seedel2009.html

Usually pretty authoritative..

Dodge
14/04/2009, 10:17 PM
yeah, but not on this as it hasn't been announced (the FAI fans forum mentioned this site as being wring a couple of weeks ago)

If I find out anything I'll let you know (and tbh Bert's site will probably know before we do anyway)

Rovers Maniac
14/04/2009, 11:14 PM

We can't draw Sweden, Israel, Cyprus, Slovakia, Poland, Croatia, Finland, Lithuania, Latvia, Slovenia, Belarus, Bosnia, or Hungary

The seeding of teams from Georgia, Moldova, Iceland, Macedonia, Azerbaijan, and the 3 Fair Play entrants is yet to be decided.

My understanding and this could be totally wrong that we would then be split into 3 regional sections. Most likely we would have teams from the North, Wales, Luxembourg, Faroes and i thought maybe Iceland?

Dodge
15/04/2009, 12:20 AM
My understanding and this could be totally wrong that we would then be split into 3 regional sections. Most likely we would have teams from the North, Wales, Luxembourg, Faroes and i thought maybe Iceland?

That was the case in the old UEFA Cup but it seems likely (although nothing official) that this won't be the case with the Europa League

Rovers Maniac
15/04/2009, 1:04 AM
Jesus this could be a disaster, i think your right we could any of these according to the Bert guy.
Christ anybody know whats 6 yaggerbombers please in Kazakhstani? :confused:

sligoman
15/04/2009, 1:14 AM
Jesus this could be a disaster, i think your right we could any of these according to the Bert guy.
Christ anybody know whats 6 yaggerbombers please in Kazakhstani? :confused:At least they have decent taxi's (http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/11/20/kazakhstan201106_wideweb__430x307,0.jpg)...you'll be alright coming home from the pub:D.

The Midget Gem
15/04/2009, 1:17 PM
Christ anybody know whats 6 yaggerbombers please in Kazakhstani? :confused:
Kazakhstan! Is that the one from Borat? :D Imagine if we got drawn there! That would be some laugh:D
Personnally I'd love a trip to:
1.Matla(was there before at an Ireland match great place!)
2.Faroes
3.Wales
4.Andorra
5.San Marino

I'd chose these because i'd rekon we'd get through.
Wouldn't give us much chance against; Estonia, Albania etc. Wouldn't have a hope against a Montenegro side.

Give me one of the above and it would be great!

Red&White Rover
15/04/2009, 3:09 PM
Wouldn't give us much chance against; Estonia, Albania etc. Wouldn't have a hope against a Montenegro side

Eh...What?

SligoBrewer
15/04/2009, 10:09 PM
Wouldn't give us much chance against; Estonia, Albania etc. Wouldn't have a hope against a Montenegro side.

The only reason I'm iffy about Montenegro is that it would be a bit of an unknown quantity. Their coefficent wouldn't be what it should be.
We still should beat them though.

The Midget Gem
16/04/2009, 7:59 AM
Eh...What?
What:confused:

Red&White Rover
16/04/2009, 9:47 PM
What:confused:

I don't see how we wouldn't have much of chance against an Estonian or Albania side...

The Midget Gem
17/04/2009, 7:59 AM
I don't see how we wouldn't have much of chance against an Estonian or Albania side...
Okay maybe not Albania!:p Just threw them in for the craic! But i can't see us going over to one of those western Europe sides and getting a result, tough places to go and in the unknown, but Estonia have a good league and they would beat us over two legs I'd say, but its hard to know we'll just have to wait until the draw is made.
Isnt Montenegro a new footballing nation with a new league? Now that'd be an unknown totally and probably the worst draw.

Rovers Maniac
17/04/2009, 9:44 AM
Okay maybe not Albania!:p Just threw them in for the craic! But i can't see us going over to one of those western Europe sides and getting a result, tough places to go and in the unknown, but Estonia have a good league and they would beat us over two legs I'd say, but its hard to know we'll just have to wait until the draw is made.
Isnt Montenegro a new footballing nation with a new league? Now that'd be an unknown totally and probably the worst draw.

Ah jeez i think we would have a chance against any of them, One of these Estonian giants we could play we hammered by a small Danish side 8-0 this season another one of their sides were beaten 9-0 by Swedes a year earlier, while Drogs went through handy enough against their champions in this season champ league. Any of the decent Montenegrian players play outside their own country so the league can't be that strong but probably the best of what we can be drawn against. Saying all that i would rather avoid teams from these countries :)

MMVIII
17/04/2009, 10:41 PM
Personally, I think we'd have a strong chance with any of those teams. But in saying that, I don't know a lot about any of them so i'm not gonna go talking sh1te :D

For me, I'd personally love to get Malta for some reason. Would be class :cool:

forza rovers
18/04/2009, 6:58 AM
a north Ireland or a Welch club,with an easy win more money for the club and then a second round game anywhere.

SligoBrewer
18/04/2009, 12:05 PM
a north Ireland or a Welch club,with an easy win more money for the club and then a second round game anywhere.

Don't go all SuperGretna (http://foot.ie/forums/search.php?searchid=1077475) on us now!

DaveyCakes
18/04/2009, 9:00 PM
Llanelli are the second Welsh team in the 1st qualifying round

Umberside
18/04/2009, 9:52 PM
Derry City have the best chance of qualifying, followed by Cook's cookies and then St Pats if they can get things sorted out.