PDA

View Full Version : Squad

Pages : [1] 2

marty
17/01/2009, 7:17 PM
Who do we have left??

Does anyone know of anybody they"d like to see promoted from youths or maybe some players from the M.S.L??

Where is Bruton or is he even playing anymore--would like to see him back but was it not under Dave Hill that he left??

Ram72
17/01/2009, 8:03 PM
Who do we have left??

Where is Bruton or is he even playing anymore--would like to see him back but was it not under Dave Hill that he left??

Wouldn't be too keen to see him back in the squad, last time I saw him play, (night Rovers won league in Cobh) I taught his attitude stank. :ball:

Iorfa2MaccaJim
17/01/2009, 9:20 PM
No one.

As usual we've taken all ye're good players.

It's an annual thing.

don ramo
17/01/2009, 10:55 PM
No one.

As usual we've taken all ye're good players.

It's an annual thing.

ya the thing is theyll play for us,

don ramo
17/01/2009, 11:01 PM
well bilko AFAIK is gone to blarney, so we may need a keeper,

possible line up

.........................deasy.................... .......

mucahy.......carey......o halloran..meade.

coleman...a kearney.....mucky......daly...

...................reilly........o shea.................

Ram72
17/01/2009, 11:08 PM

possible line up

Not a bad line up. Could do a good job for club and push for promotion in a season or 2. :cool:

Allstar
18/01/2009, 12:57 AM
Bruts is playin with avondale M.S.L AFAIK. To be honest that kind of a team will get Ramblers nowhere even though there is alot of cobh representation. Could think of some better cobh players too being left out. Anyone any ideas??

don ramo
18/01/2009, 1:56 AM
Bruts is playin with avondale M.S.L AFAIK. To be honest that kind of a team will get Ramblers nowhere even though there is alot of cobh representation. Could think of some better cobh players too being left out. Anyone any ideas??

personally, i think its a brilliant team, most of that team is this years team, no new additions, its the core of our promotion side, were not planning on pushing for promotion, so id be very happy with that team, and maybe another 11 players, a 22 man squad is a must one way or the other,

name 5 other players with the expieriance of that squad,

bruton a nono were trying to move forward not backward, he done a good job in the past but hes last spell didnt do make me wanna see him again,

Ram72
18/01/2009, 2:12 AM
It's not a bad squad. There is plenty of experiance, which is what the team will need next season.
We know we are not going to get promoted next season, but it is a very good first step in the right direction.
All we need now is a manager appointed and the squad assembled so we can move onto a brighter future with the club. :cool:

rambler14
18/01/2009, 10:38 AM
Bruton is crap. Not a LOI standard player anymore.

We have no players and thats a fact! So speculating a team line-up isn't worth the time and effort.

That line-up is crap anyway wouldn't get us near where we once were and saying it will is just a push for false hope.
I mean come on like Alan Carey at Centre-Back! He was only still playing come the end of the season because Hendo was still in charge now that Hendo's gone I wouldn't let the poor fecker drive the bus!

pcplod
18/01/2009, 11:37 AM
Have to agree that carey wouldnt be a choice of mine, and as for reilly cant say id want him either after his behaviour last season.

what about shane barrett and conor meade to local lads with expierence and talent that deserve a bit more time on the pitch then they have gotten.

marty
18/01/2009, 11:46 AM
Make that Meade,Barrett and chubbs,everyone deserves chance this season-its always been said we need more locals and we may never have a better chance than now as we"re skint and beggers cant be choosers.The thread is just to get some ideas on whos actually out there and available-Wheres Shane Guthrie?

And Id agree Carey is not a centre half maybe put him right mid to keep him out of defence duties,and as for the post about better local players out there,who are they??

pcplod
18/01/2009, 11:51 AM
Have heard guthrie signed for dundalk not entirely sure though

Allstar
18/01/2009, 11:54 AM
AFAIK guthrie has signed for dundalk!!

Allstar
18/01/2009, 11:56 AM
Getting back to the better players the likes of gleeson chubbs greeners should be well in there. Are barrett dubb and meadey coming back?

marty
18/01/2009, 12:01 PM
I agree with all these players and would pay to watch them any day,I still believe we will get more people in the gates with locals playing and we should not be underestimating the talent available locally-If we pay for a manager like Rogers and give him money to bring his own players then for most people nothing more than a top half finish will do!!

rambler14
18/01/2009, 12:09 PM
I agree with all these players and would pay to watch them any day,I still believe we will get more people in the gates with locals playing and we should not be underestimating the talent available locally-If we pay for a manager like Rogers and give him money to bring his own players then for most people nothing more than a top half finish will do!!

Completely disagree!

The local talent in Cobh is not what it used to be.
The current A Team are ok but not great.
The U-20 side are small and slight and when I saw them play and they looked more like a team of Ronaldos than footballers as they all tried to do it themselves.

If we get a manager like Rogers in I would be delighted and if he could bring in his own players I would be again delighted BUT at this point in time we have no players and with the transfer window closing on the 22nd February it's going to be tight as to whether we can get a team or not so if we even manage to field a team this year and finish out the league as long as we don't come in the bottom 3 I will be happy and then hopefully we can push on in 2010 for bigger and better things!

don ramo
18/01/2009, 12:17 PM
well that team i made up is availale, the meades and barrett will come back, id say chubbs will come back and get hes chance hes been waiting a year for,

these are players who want to improve themselfs, they showed that by signing with ramblers in the first place, instead of wanderers

sorry now marty that is a very local side, youd be sacrificeing performance to go any more local,

if all the players i mentioned are signed ill be extremely happy

rambler14
18/01/2009, 12:22 PM

You'd be happy but I and many others wouldn't! Purely because of Gregs central defence partner.

I really hope Greg signs back next year would love to see him as captain.

don ramo
18/01/2009, 12:35 PM
You'd be happy but I and many others wouldn't! Purely because of Gregs central defence partner.

I really hope Greg signs back next year would love to see him as captain.

well i never thought of greg to be honest, thats peter o halloran,

plus i think carey isnt as bad in central defence, if were gonna have him, have him there

greg for manager anyone

ramblers
18/01/2009, 12:49 PM
I have to say of all the managers that are there the last one i would go for is Rogers. There is no money to bring in players so whoever gets the job must have had some experience of the local cork leagues and experience.

It would be great to see Greg,Mucky,Shane Barrett, John Meade,Conor Meade,Reily if fit,coleman I think that would give experience and then add the likes of Peter o H, Daly and some of the youngsters and you could build a good blend of experience and youth.

marty
18/01/2009, 12:57 PM
As said before when you take everything into consideration R14 we dont and hopefully wont have a sufficent budget to bring players in,so it makes sense to keep it local.And I do believe we have the talent available locally,have you seen the U18s play,its my opinion if we can keep that tean together its as strong a team as we will ever see come out of town.

pcplod
18/01/2009, 1:17 PM
I think lads we need a bit of a reality check here. The club has no money so therefore we have no budget to bring in players so we have to stay local and also on the manager front we have to stay resonibly local and low cost or if we do get ourselves out of this mess we will end up back there again unfortunatly next season will be about survibal and not promotion so therefore IMO we need to base or manager and team on this. That is unless we can get an expierenced manager to do it for nothing. If carslberg did football........

Louth4sam
18/01/2009, 2:41 PM
AFAIK guthrie has signed for dundalk!!

Have heard a rumour about this myself. Is he any good? He's a defender isn't he?

marty
18/01/2009, 2:58 PM
Handy center half but then again he had Murray and Meade with him last year and it was their consistancy that shone,on saying that we did get relegated and had a pretty poor goals against record so it will be interesting to see how he"ll do.

don ramo
19/01/2009, 12:49 AM
gutsies tranfer has fallen through should we get him now, or wait for someone else to sign him

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/1137/

rambler14
19/01/2009, 10:36 AM
gutsies tranfer has fallen through should we get him now, or wait for someone else to sign him

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/1137/

Lovely. Wonder what happened??? He probably wanted Dundalk to arrange an apartment or digs of some sort!
Hopefully we'll sign em up but now that City missed out on Murray don't be surprised to see Doolin sniffing around.

BigFella 09
21/01/2009, 7:53 PM
Any news on daryl kavanagh?

bellavistaman
22/01/2009, 4:57 PM
Any news on daryl kavanagh?

Gone back playing junior football, shameful really.

rambler14
22/01/2009, 5:58 PM
Gone back playing junior football, shameful really.

Is that for definite??? Remember it was Don Ramo who told us!:rolleyes:

don ramo
22/01/2009, 9:40 PM
Is that for definite??? Remember it was Don Ramo who told us!:rolleyes:

on your bike ya big gay muppet

limfan
24/01/2009, 11:24 AM
on your bike ya big gay muppet

I heard a rumour this morning that Kerry's goalie ex waterford and cobh david hennessy and Kerry's defender stephen conway are going signing for cobh.

Two very good young players who will be a loss for the new tralee dynamo's A championship team.

Can any1 confirm this?

Iorfa2MaccaJim
24/01/2009, 12:18 PM
David Hennessy is a very good keeper.

ramblersnb1
30/01/2009, 12:41 PM
Any ideas at all who has been training in talks with the club etc.

luka
30/01/2009, 12:45 PM
Any ideas at all who has been training in talks with the club etc.

From the first training session last Saturday about six of last years squad. Shane Barret, Mucky, Coleman, O'Reilly, Meade, .................can't remember who else. I wasn't there but was told that.

Ramtastic
30/01/2009, 3:49 PM

possible line up

I have been sittin in the sidlines and bittin my lip for far too long,
reading all this titer tatter but now its time for my say....

For one Carey gone to waterford , but if he wasnt HOW could ya dream of putting him in at centre half when the man is afraid to header the ball, he is one of the biggest chicken ****s i have ever seen in st colemans park...and then to put him in nex to peter o' halloran who is far from ready for first team action...

Have you any idea od what your talkin about Don Ramo ?? Have you any knowledge of football @ all............

Then came the straw that broke the camels back - SEAN DALY in midfield ??????? SORRY SEAN DALY ON THE PITCH FULL STOP

The boy is a disgrace runs around like a headless chicken tryin to do nut megs to everyone in his sight and not succeeding....He has no football mentality and im gobsmacked that the boy is still trainin with ye when COBH Wanderers told him he wasnt wanted ??

What about the likes of Conor Meadde who is not mentioned - he is one of the finest and most skillful players at the club and no mention ...
Shane Barrett another without a mention is who would do a better job than half of them you mentioned

Ill ask the question Don Ramo ??

Do you know anything about football ??
Have you ever played the game ??

don ramo
30/01/2009, 4:26 PM
I have been sittin in the sidlines and bittin my lip for far too long,
reading all this titer tatter but now its time for my say....

For one Carey gone to waterford , but if he wasnt HOW could ya dream of putting him in at centre half when the man is afraid to header the ball, he is one of the biggest chicken ****s i have ever seen in st colemans park...and then to put him in nex to peter o' halloran who is far from ready for first team action...

Have you any idea od what your talkin about Don Ramo ?? Have you any knowledge of football @ all............

Then came the straw that broke the camels back - SEAN DALY in midfield ??????? SORRY SEAN DALY ON THE PITCH FULL STOP

The boy is a disgrace runs around like a headless chicken tryin to do nut megs to everyone in his sight and not succeeding....He has no football mentality and im gobsmacked that the boy is still trainin with ye when COBH Wanderers told him he wasnt wanted ??

What about the likes of Conor Meadde who is not mentioned - he is one of the finest and most skillful players at the club and no mention ...
Shane Barrett another without a mention is who would do a better job than half of them you mentioned

Ill ask the question Don Ramo ??

Do you know anything about football ??
Have you ever played the game ??

shut your god dam mouth newbie,
the meades and barrett had at this point signed for wonderers, john made i knew would deffinately be back if we reamined LOI,

conor meade is good for about 20-30 mins, he has potential that hes sadly hasnt shown yet, this will be hes year if he plays it right, peter o halloran is young yes, and carey is now gone, so you name the center halfs so,

its a team of what was still available for the club at the time and still is maybe barrett and the meades are now back i dunno

do your ****ing research before you go attacking people, this isnt football manager,

Ramtastic
30/01/2009, 6:41 PM
shut your god dam mouth newbie,
the meades and barrett had at this point signed for wonderers, john made i knew would deffinately be back if we reamined LOI,

conor meade is good for about 20-30 mins, he has potential that hes sadly hasnt shown yet, this will be hes year if he plays it right, peter o halloran is young yes, and carey is now gone, so you name the center halfs so,

its a team of what was still available for the club at the time and still is maybe barrett and the meades are now back i dunno

do your ****ing research before you go attacking people, this isnt football manager,

For starters i dont know where your gettin the football manager talk from...

that comment makes no sense and has fallen on deaf ears

Good for about 20-30 minutes ???? is he unfit ?? is that what your sayin

This is what i hate about people who never once kicked a ball and all of a sudden they are experts because they have been to all the ramblers games last season or whatever bull**** story they say

Learn the game and get back to me

ramblers
30/01/2009, 6:49 PM
Its amazing that every thread decends in to slanging matches!!

Ramtastic
30/01/2009, 7:12 PM
well when Din Ramo Names a team like that you cant help but slag him

ALAN CAREY - CENTRE HALF

I have seen this on numerous threads from the oy but im baffled as i have never seen him play in there before ,,
and SEAN DALY on the right - DON RAMO has lost his marbles --

Daly is one of the worst players in Cobh and thats the bottom line
he wouldn kick snow off a rope

pcplod
30/01/2009, 7:24 PM
Did you forget to take your tablets or something maybe his choices arent the best but at least he made suggestions wheres yours

Ramtastic
30/01/2009, 8:55 PM
Did you forget to take your tablets or something maybe his choices arent the best but at least he made suggestions wheres yours

I never knew you needed tablets to make suggestions but like any

clued in person. id rather wait and see the players we have rather

than picking names off the top of our head like Don Rainbows Dream eleven

if that were the case we might aswell have frank mc caul in goals

pcplod
30/01/2009, 9:02 PM
Fair is fair these players were available at the time of the post it is a football forum things like this tend to be discussed here, we are not all here to cause trouble some of us actually like to talk about possible line ups etc. if you do too fair enough but get a grip whats with all the personal attacks espeically those who havent even an affiliation with the club.

Ramtastic
30/01/2009, 9:20 PM
Fair is fair these players were available at the time of the post it is a football forum things like this tend to be discussed here, we are not all here to cause trouble some of us actually like to talk about possible line ups etc. if you do too fair enough but get a grip whats with all the personal attacks espeically those who havent even an affiliation with the club.

im just voicin my concerns, i think there are too many people who dont know enough about the game and just go to all the meetings think that they should be in charge of the side

i think if any body mentions a name who should be playin on this forum the player should be open to such attacks or do you think we should just praise everyone and finish last next season happy out...

these arent personal attacks these are personal views of a person who knows about the game knows about the players and critism of anyone on this forum should be taken with a pinch of salt

i certainly woul;dnt lose sleep over any comments aimed @ me

Ram72
30/01/2009, 9:34 PM
Hey boy relax there now and take a chill pill.

Ramtastic
30/01/2009, 9:43 PM
Hey boy relax there now and take a chill pill.

what you on about ??????????:confused: dork

Ram72
30/01/2009, 9:58 PM
what you on about ??????????:confused: dork
Hey numb nuts your the one getting all hyper and the one with the personal attacks on people.
There has been enough of that both here and on the streets and we dont need more of it from a little gobsh!te like you.
You dont have to like peoples views, just respect them.

Ramtastic
30/01/2009, 10:10 PM
Hey numb nuts your the one getting all hyper and the one with the personal attacks on people.
There has been enough of that both here and on the streets and we dont need more of it from a little gobsh!te like you.
You dont have to like peoples views, just respect them.

Personal attacks is it

who wrote this :Ye can have him. Not even related to a defender.
Cost us more goals last season and he'll do the same for ye.
His best position is LEFT BACK (ON THE BUS):cool::cool:

yes that was you

makin a personal attack on Alan Carey

so before you start typin next time make sure you
know what your talkin about.

and dont be sayin one thing to get on peoples side

when only a few days ago you were givin grief

WHOOPSIES

don ramo
30/01/2009, 10:25 PM
ignore him lads, hell break hes keybord soon enough:D

Ramtastic