PDA

View Full Version : Nwankwo must stay

Neil
15/11/2003, 1:16 PM
I thought Micheal Nwankwo was close to man of the match last night and looked a player that we need in midfield. He did nothing wrong and the time he won the ball back down by the Shed towards the end was magic. You'd notice George likes trading passes with him too which is a good sign of a player.

DolansWaistcoat
15/11/2003, 3:17 PM
Spot on Neil boy he looks a class act,someone we really need in midfield who can put his foot on the ball look up and pick out a pass.Nwankwo can really pass well,he gets stuck in and he wins a good few balls in the air for a small fella.Himself and colin who has been our best midfielder by far this year IMO could be a great partnership in the middle.

SSS
15/11/2003, 4:17 PM
Nwan ko had looked good enough in the U21's but last night he really stepped up his performance.

If we see him dropped for a certain hit the bar contestant I'll kill myself.

Druss
16/11/2003, 1:27 AM
Originally posted by DolansWaistcoat
Spot on Neil boy he looks a class act,someone we really need in midfield who can put his foot on the ball look up and pick out a pass.Nwankwo can really pass well,he gets stuck in and he wins a good few balls in the air for a small fella.Himself and colin who has been our best midfielder by far this year IMO could be a great partnership in the middle.

Yeah. I'd like to see the two of them get a go at building a partnership for the last two games as well.
His jumping ability was bizarre.:D
He seemed to jump and, just as i was cursing him for being so small, manage to claw another few inches upwards. It was a very good full debut. Minus a few points for blazing wide near the Shed, but looks fairly handy.
Whats the deal with work permits? I know hes got one so obviously its not that strict here?

TheNorthsider
16/11/2003, 7:29 AM
for a small guy he won more aerial battles the other nite v derry than a certain hit the bar contestant did in all the games he played

DolansWaistcoat
16/11/2003, 1:16 PM
the little fella jumps like Michael Jordan with his arse on fire what a superstar :D

A face
16/11/2003, 5:24 PM
Originally posted by THENORTHSIDER
for a small guy he won more aerial battles the other nite v derry than a certain hit the bar contestant did in all the games he played

If the hit the bar contestant or HBC is played ahead of Micháel then questions would have to be asked ..... and the first one being

Why ??

pete
17/11/2003, 9:13 AM
Originally posted by Neil
You'd notice George likes trading passes with him too which is a good sign of a player.

I think that can be used as new criteria for midfield players - if George won't pass to to you then you not good enough.

Work permits are simple enough in this country i think. Get player, promise him contract & get work permit. Probably need to be renewed yearly but no problem if still under contract.

DolansWaistcoat
17/11/2003, 10:37 AM
Thats an insult to the rest of the players.:mad:

ccfc till i die
17/11/2003, 1:37 PM
According to Dolan what we saw against derry is "only 20% of what he is capable of"

If so he could kick serious ass

DolansWaistcoat
17/11/2003, 1:44 PM
ya and Dolan only speaks his mind 20% of the time................NOT;)

tiktok
17/11/2003, 3:47 PM
Nwankwo is a great prospect and he'll only improve the more games he gets. Glad he's gotten a shot at least after impressing with the U21's.

Éanna
18/11/2003, 4:36 PM
yeah, he looks like quality. give him time to settle and I'm sure he'll do a job for us

golly
19/11/2003, 6:34 PM
what struck me was dat he gotr d ball down and played football with it there was no hoofing with him somewhat of a rareity for us this season he improved our ball retention which has been poor this season

thecorner
19/11/2003, 8:48 PM
Originally posted by golly
there was no hoofing with him somewhat of a rareity for us this season

u obviously havent been taking notice of georgie

golly
20/11/2003, 12:24 PM
i did say rareity its kinda hard not 2 notice george coz he is evrywhere and always on the ball so i have noticed him

ccfc till i die
20/11/2003, 12:36 PM
Apart from our recent matches where we were dire against the likes of derry ucd and longford, we really haven't done much hoofing (apart from derek)

Éanna
20/11/2003, 2:23 PM
Originally posted by ccfc till i die
Apart from our recent matches where we were dire against the likes of derry ucd and longford, we really haven't done much hoofing (apart from derek)
Billy Woods has been hoofing himself to Deccie Daly-like status for the last 3 months, even Hoggy and Dan are beginning to catch the bug at times.

jofyisgod
20/11/2003, 5:36 PM
Sometimes a hoof is the right thing to do, eg/ end of game defending lead, but i do hate when a ball is hoofed on the break, etc.

ccfc till i die
21/11/2003, 9:21 AM
Yeah that drives me nuts too, in the game against derry they were all hoofing at the back but for dan, hoggie and sometimes billy, it's not a pervading characteristic.

jofyisgod
21/11/2003, 8:46 PM
Yeh, its always the more defensive minded players who love to hoof. I've gotta say, having played aat the back, the first priority is to get the ball out of there. However, at their level of football, surely they can avoid such primitive skills, if it can be called a skill.

*Does anyone else remember that great 451 hoofing 101 with Deccie thing? LOL:D *

GavinZac
22/11/2003, 9:02 AM
How about Yukoh, anyone know if hes going to be good enough?

DolansWaistcoat
22/11/2003, 2:14 PM
is that the other Africans name,dont know anything about him:confused:

GavinZac
24/11/2003, 8:17 AM

Chidozie Yukoh (seen it spelt Uko a couple of times, but i think its Yukoh)

DolansWaistcoat
24/11/2003, 8:27 AM
hope he'll be as promising as Nwanko

GavinZac
24/11/2003, 8:31 AM

CHidozie Yukoh. although ive seen it spelt Uko, i think is Yukoh.

DolansWaistcoat
24/11/2003, 10:53 AM
nice 1:cool:

Éanna
24/11/2003, 11:40 AM
hope he'll be as promising as Nwanko
I saw Chidozie's first game against UL in the U21's and he looked strong and fairly quick, but i thought Nwankwo was much better than him. Could be handy though

Eric
24/11/2003, 12:20 PM
I've seen Chidozie play once for the U21 and was impressed. He's strong and fast and I think when he settles fully he will be a big asset for City