PDA

View Full Version : Parkhouse clinches Sligo Rovers move

A face
15/01/2009, 4:24 PM
Parkhouse clinches Sligo Rovers move

The long-running Stephen Parkhouse saga has finally come to and end with Finn Harps confirming the striker has left the club for Sligo Rovers.

Harps manager Paul Hegarty said he had agreed terms with the 26-year-old last month, before a forced reduction in the Ballybofey club's budget made the deal impossible. Harps have an approximate debt of €290,000 and the club hope to raise €150,000 before 26 January, but Hegarty has little to work with between now and then.

Consequently, former Glentoran frontman Parkhouse, who had also been interesting Coleraine of late, put pen to a deal at the Showgrounds and will now be involved in both the Setanta Sports Cup and the newly-formed Europa League (formerly UEFA Cup) next season, as well as remaining in the Premier Division.

Read more at www.rte.ie (http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/0115/parkhouses.html)

Rovers1
15/01/2009, 4:31 PM
wow, thats a suprise!! :eek:......;)

Didnt rate him when he was at Harps. Looked overweight and unmotivated every time he played against us. Hopefully Cook can do a job with him.

RedRebel32
15/01/2009, 4:31 PM
I for one am delighted to see him arrive.:)

Best a luck to em

happydays97
15/01/2009, 5:24 PM
Super signing for Sligo Rovers :ball:

WoodquayBoy
15/01/2009, 5:54 PM
He looked seriously overweight in the couple of games I saw him in last season - but still managed to score a couiple of goals, including one cracker, against us. Get him fit and he could be quite a player for ye

Rovers Maniac
15/01/2009, 6:02 PM
I won't believe anything to our own club announce it until then i will look at it as speculation or paper talk.

sligoman
15/01/2009, 6:15 PM
I feel he wanted to stay, as after all he had agreed termsThe only possible reason I can see why he would have wanted to stay at Harps is because he knows he won't get away with his level of fitness and the amount of training done at Rovers than he would at Harps.

Jury still out on this signing for me. I know Cook rates him highly. We'll see what he can do.

6yardpunisha
15/01/2009, 6:26 PM
class player imo, very impressed with him everytime i saw him play