PDA

View Full Version : Drogheda Utd v Portlaoise GAA Club

Dodge
15/01/2009, 1:39 PM
Comparisons to Bohs too.

IN the Indo today there's an article about a planning decision on a development putting Portlaoise GAA club €6.5million in debt. The €6.5 million was an upfront payment from a developer.

Strange how it hasn't received the same coverage as the LOI's problems

Rory H
15/01/2009, 1:40 PM
yawn......

Dodge
15/01/2009, 1:42 PM
yawn......

I agree, both are complete no stories.

monutdfc
15/01/2009, 1:44 PM
There was whole item on Morning Ireland about it this week

HarpoJoyce
15/01/2009, 8:29 PM
Read about it earlier in the week. I would have mentioned it but it was only a seven figure sum.

Celdrog
16/01/2009, 5:37 AM
I thought it was a bit strange when I saw the thread that we were having a benefit match against Portlaoise GAA

Macy
16/01/2009, 9:11 AM
Strange how it hasn't received the same coverage as the LOI's problems
I heard about on the radio. However, there's a totally different spin put on it by the media. Drog's is all their own fault and the league is fecked, whereas it's the poor GAA club trying to do their best for themselves hoodwinked by a nasty developer.

CuanaD
16/01/2009, 10:15 AM
I heard about on the radio. However, there's a totally different spin put on it by the media. Drog's is all their own fault and the league is fecked, whereas it's the poor GAA club trying to do their best for themselves hoodwinked by a nasty developer.
You hit the nail right on the head there Macy.

Source
16/01/2009, 10:23 AM
Drogheda play in the LOI which effects all LOI fans in the country, while Portlaoise play in the local GAA league in Laois. GAA fans outside Laois wouldn't have a great deal of interest in how one club in another county is managing their finances.
That is why the national media would/should have a bigger interest in Drogheda.