PDA

View Full Version : So who's still around?!

colmanthesaint
15/01/2009, 12:20 PM
Not expecting there to be complete answers to this, but I'm just trying to get a clear picture of who's staying and who's going/gone.

This is most of last years squad and I've filled in a few bits so if anyone knows any more, please help by filling in the blanks!

Matt Gregg - staying?
Billy Brennan
Alan Mahon
Brian Shortall
Evan McMillan
Conor Kenna
Ian Bermingham
Shane McFaul - Fingal
Pat McWalter - GAA
Ronan Finn - staying?
Shane Duggan
Timmy Purcell - gone?
Alan McNally
Paul Cahalane
Shane Fitz - gone?
Darren Meenan - Shelbourne
Brian King - was on trial in Scotland?
Greg Bolger
John Reilly
Seán Harding
David McMillan
Keith Ward
Stevens
Boyle
Nangle

pineapple stu
15/01/2009, 12:25 PM
Large amount of guesswork at this stage, to be honest.

Gregg and Finn are contracted. Kinger's back from Scotland. Meenan's gone to Shels. I'd say anyone over, say, 23 years old will move on. Alan Mahon was in talks about his testamonial this year, so I assume he's staying, but don't know if Pete leaving will affect that.

Iorfa2MaccaJim
15/01/2009, 2:32 PM
I read in our local paper today, that Stephen Henderson is considering
a swoop for Kilkenny native, Timmy Purcell ?

What's he like lads ?

pineapple stu
15/01/2009, 2:34 PM
Our top scorer last season. With three.

Probably would have done better last season with better service. Showed some decent flashes, particularly against Derry on the opening day. He's his own absolute number one fan. Would be pushing for ten goals in the First, I'd say.

John83
15/01/2009, 3:04 PM
He was talking about Cobh looking at him last year too. He's a decent player, worth signing. Let's put it this way: I'd rather keep him than not.

Iorfa2MaccaJim
15/01/2009, 3:29 PM
Thanks lads.

Thanks for the feedback.

So I can take it that Timmy Purcell gets the thumbs up at U.C.D.

pineapple stu
15/01/2009, 4:12 PM
Just about. But given our usual dearth of forwards, that's not hugely encouraging. Don't go expecting the next Robbie Griffin or Willie Doyle.

stann
16/01/2009, 8:06 PM
:D :D
Zing!!!

Iorfa2MaccaJim
16/01/2009, 8:35 PM
Ah Robbie Griffin, a good Waterford man.

DmanDmythDledge
17/01/2009, 5:12 PM
Billy Brennan
Brian Shortall
Ian Bermingham
Shane McFaul - Fingal
Pat McWalter - GAA
Timmy Purcell - gone?
Alan McNally
Shane Fitz - gone?
Darren Meenan - Shelbourne

All definitely will not be coming back.

Poor Student
17/01/2009, 9:54 PM
Ally Mac definitely gone?

DmanDmythDledge
18/01/2009, 12:29 PM
Ally Mac definitely gone?
Yeah. Don't have a clue if he has anything sorted. Still a tiny chance he could come back to us I suppose if we manage to get into the Premier but I'd imagine he will have joined somebody by then.

gael353
18/01/2009, 12:34 PM
Shane Duggan...Limerick?

DmanDmythDledge
18/01/2009, 12:51 PM
Shane Duggan...Limerick?
Would not surprise me as he is from Limerick.

19yo left footed ACM with great technique, range of passing and vision. Has plenty of underage international caps. Great signing for you if true (care to tell us a bit more?...).

Here (http://www.argyletrust.org.uk/newintake.html)'s a bit about him (bottom of page).

gael353
18/01/2009, 5:52 PM
Would not surprise me as he is from Limerick.

19yo left footed ACM with great technique, range of passing and vision. Has plenty of underage international caps. Great signing for you if true (care to tell us a bit more?...).

Here (http://www.argyletrust.org.uk/newintake.html)'s a bit about him (bottom of page).

no just that he was training with us but doubt he'll sign as our budget shall remain the lowest in the division. We had a few prem players from prem clubs training with us also but the lure of money in a certain dub has them scampering back up there

pineapple stu
19/01/2009, 12:22 PM
Still a tiny chance he could come back to us I suppose if we manage to get into the Premier but I'd imagine he will have joined somebody by then.
I think one or two will take this route. There's only so many places in squads, so for some, it'll either be us or the LSL.

Duggan to Limerick would be some coup. Never reached the heights of the Dundee United game, but could well wreak havoc with the First Division.

Iorfa2MaccaJim
19/01/2009, 9:57 PM
Is Timmy Purcell DEFINATELY, 110 %, CAST IRON GONE ?

pineapple stu
20/01/2009, 9:33 AM
He's not signed for anyone, so no. But he's 99% gone.