PDA

View Full Version : Milwall to boost its Irish contingent ?

dcfcsteve
13/01/2009, 5:31 PM
I see in one of the local papers here in London there's a spread on Paul Keegan and Eamon Zayed being talked to by Milwall.

Rather commically, Zayed is described as "well built...." !

David Forde has been Milwall's No 1 choice keeper since the Summer, where the reputation he earned as a shot-stopper at City has continued.

garyderry
13/01/2009, 5:59 PM
I see in one of the local papers here in London there's a spread on Paul Keegan and Eamon Zayed being talked to by Milwall.

Rather commically, Zayed is described as "well built...." !

David Forde has been Milwall's No 1 choice keeper since the Summer, where the reputation he earned as a shot-stopper at City has continued.

Zayed signed for Fingal, that will be some profit for them if they sell him on before the season even starts :eek:

dcfcsteve
13/01/2009, 7:31 PM
Zayed signed for Fingal, that will be some profit for them if they sell him on before the season even starts :eek:

Has the deal been done ?

In fairness the paper did say he "looked set to join rivals Sporting Fingal".

I'm still in shock at the idea of Zayed being well built though.... :D

holidaysong
13/01/2009, 7:43 PM
Has the deal been done ?

In fairness the paper did say he "looked set to join rivals Sporting Fingal".

Done deal.

How are Drogheda Utd and Sporting Fingal rivals though? They've never even played each other!

John83
13/01/2009, 8:00 PM
Done deal.

How are Drogheda Utd and Sporting Fingal rivals though? They've never even played each other!
Yeah, but Fingal have a good team this year, and all those die-hard Drogheda fans who appeared after they started winning stuff might just change loyalties. :p

garyderry
13/01/2009, 8:38 PM
Yeah, but Fingal have a good team this year, and all those die-hard Drogheda fans who appeared after they started winning stuff might just change loyalties. :p

Its not some mickey mouse university team, Drogheda actually have a club history and fans. Sooner we see them back strong again the better.

as for you lot :D

John83
13/01/2009, 9:04 PM
Its not some mickey mouse university team, Drogheda actually have a club history and fans. Sooner we see them back strong again the better.

as for you lot :D
Club history? Founded around thirty years after us, elected to the league fifteen years before us, propped up the table for a bit, had a decent spell in the mid and late 70s, then yo-yoed between divisions for a few decades, racking up debts sufficient that the FAI had to buy their ground from them, before recently buying a little success with money they didn't have. I'm deeply impressed. I'm reasonably sure that before they started mortaging their future, the club had won squat. Maybe there's a cup win somewhere I've forgotten about, but even UCD have that. I'm not sure how this constitutes 'history' we don't have.

Oh, and fans are the guys who turn up when you aren't winning. Drogheda had few enough of those.

sonofstan
13/01/2009, 9:59 PM
Oh, and fans are the guys who turn up when you aren't winning. Drogheda had few enough of those.

More and better than you lot ever had.

garyderry
13/01/2009, 10:06 PM

Remember many good nights in drogheda with no shortage of fans
when they were far from a trophy winning team, always a good place
to go for a few pints with before and after.

JC_GUFC
14/01/2009, 3:05 AM

I think he may have earned that reputation before joining Derry...

I guess the term "shot-stopper" refers to a keeper who can't catch a cross to save his life and can't kick the ball straight.

To be fair though he's done really well for himself and it's good to see him playing in England.

I remember one game in Belfield that we beat UCD 1-0 and he was unbelievable. Shots on target must have been about 25-1 in UCD's favour!!

disabledrog
14/01/2009, 8:47 AM
Yeah, but Fingal have a good team this year, and all those die-hard Drogheda fans who appeared after they started winning stuff might just change loyalties. :pCop on you muppett

pineapple stu
14/01/2009, 10:22 AM
I've seen both of us play in front of 250 when we're not winning.

Not sure what makes a fan better?

John83
14/01/2009, 6:18 PM
Cop on you muppett
Grow a sense of humour.

Straightstory
15/01/2009, 10:06 AM
Club history? Founded around thirty years after us, elected to the league fifteen years before us, propped up the table for a bit, had a decent spell in the mid and late 70s, then yo-yoed between divisions for a few decades, racking up debts sufficient that the FAI had to buy their ground from them, before recently buying a little success with money they didn't have. I'm deeply impressed. I'm reasonably sure that before they started mortaging their future, the club had won squat. Maybe there's a cup win somewhere I've forgotten about, but even UCD have that. I'm not sure how this constitutes 'history' we don't have.

Ho hum... I presume all this childish bitterness from UCD fans because of their dislike of Doolin will now be transferred to Cork.

bigmac
15/01/2009, 10:28 AM
Ho hum... I presume all this childish bitterness from UCD fans because of their dislike of Doolin will now be transferred to Cork.

Anyone going to claim that Cork have a longer history than UCD so? ;)

pineapple stu
15/01/2009, 10:29 AM
Facts shmacts, eh? :rolleyes:

Schumi
15/01/2009, 10:46 AM
I never liked Cork anyway. ;)

John83
15/01/2009, 2:57 PM
I never liked Cork anyway. ;)
It's true. Some of earliest memories of meeting Schumi involve him yelling obscenities at the Cork management.

pineapple stu
15/01/2009, 3:05 PM
Funnily enough, some of schumi's earliest UCD memories date from around two years after that.