PDA

View Full Version : Our Budget?

Pages : [1] 2

Rovers Maniac
13/01/2009, 2:07 PM
Whats the story with this surely the FAI can't take this long to rubber stamp something?

Dodge
13/01/2009, 2:10 PM
Unless its one of the budgets that was refused

Rovers Maniac
13/01/2009, 2:12 PM
Unless its one of the budgets that was refused

Could have been. :(

RGMY
13/01/2009, 6:08 PM
lad its very simple the fai will take as long as necessary over the budget they dont want the same issues and mistakes to take place that put the club in the predictament it found itself last season personally i would rather the fai take its time to make sure that all figures r correct and accurate the survival of the club and progression is the big issue here all clubs in the loi r going tru this

Well Red
13/01/2009, 6:49 PM
Could not agree more with you.

Trainee
13/01/2009, 7:30 PM
4 clubs had their budgets rejected by FAI

Heard Dundalk, Pats, and Sligo were 3 and dont know the 4th club is.

passerrby
13/01/2009, 7:46 PM
Think the last was harps not that the budget was rejected but had to shave some casah of the spending plans ..only gossip mind

LondonRover
14/01/2009, 11:04 AM
4 clubs had their budgets rejected by FAI

Heard Dundalk, Pats, and Sligo were 3 and dont know the 4th club is.

Any idea what budget we submitted if - as an internet rumour has it :p - we have had ours rejected?

red_away
14/01/2009, 2:29 PM
i presume we are being looked at more closely because we are still pursuing a full time setup?

dublinred
14/01/2009, 2:45 PM
I think it a started out at around 17k a week last season and finished up around 8k so would expect to be in the region of 10k a week as this would take into account expected additonal revenues.

brianw82
14/01/2009, 9:47 PM
this would take into account expected additonal revenues.

"Expected" additional revenues rarely seem to materialise in the LOI. A few extra home games mean nothing. Our attendences could theoretically drop to 1,000 per game this season if something goes awry (just as an example of something unexpected), and then our budget is out the window and the begging bowl is out again.

Rovers Maniac
14/01/2009, 11:54 PM
"Expected" additional revenues rarely seem to materialise in the LOI. A few extra home games mean nothing. Our attendences could theoretically drop to 1,000 per game this season if something goes awry (just as an example of something unexpected), and then our budget is out the window and the begging bowl is out again.

What could make our crowds fall off by nearly a full thousand? Thats nearly a 50% drop on this years crowds, i can't see it myself. By the way you must have been thinking about some seriously nasty stuff Brian to think about a drop of that proportion, avvenalaf for the half time entertainment by any chance? :p

avvenalaf
15/01/2009, 12:02 AM
What could make our crowds fall off by nearly a full thousand? Thats nearly a 50% drop on this years crowds, i can't see it myself. By the way you must have been thinking about some seriously nasty stuff Brian to think about a drop of that proportion, avvenalaf for the half time entertainment by any chance? :p

Ah, FFS, that was supposed to be kept under wraps until the press reception.

brianw82
15/01/2009, 11:22 AM

It is a purely theoretical example. A spate of job losses in the town for instance? God forbid that doesn't happen. Or let's say someone at Rovers gets fired and a court case flares up. What happens the budget then?

My point being, the budget seems to be based on everything going well. Everything rarely goes well, and that needs to be taken into account.

Rory H
15/01/2009, 11:25 AM
I agree....at least 20 home games this season, there's always a lull at some point.

red_away
15/01/2009, 11:26 AM
At SRFC we pride ourselves in being able to find adversity even in the most positive circumstances!!!!

forza rovers
16/01/2009, 5:18 PM
the budget is €10,500 a week

Inside Man
16/01/2009, 6:51 PM
the budget is €10,500 a week
Seems fair tbh. I can't see us go too wrong with that figure. Just shows how much things can change in one year slashing the budget from a reported 20k to 10k!

Rovers Maniac
16/01/2009, 10:55 PM
Small budget, connor was reported to have that in the first.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
17/01/2009, 3:02 PM
Small budget, connor was reported to have that in the first.

Players are not getting paid as much as they were anymore

Plus after what happened last season do we need to justify ourselves by saying we are paying more then we were in the first division to compete. The spoofer had by far and away the biggest budget in that division

Redkenrover
17/01/2009, 5:09 PM
At SRFC we pride ourselves in being able to find adversity even in the most positive circumstances!!!!

Thank Christ! I was really worried there for a while. The showgrounds seemed to be a virtual oasis of calm and serenity during the close season. Was starting to miss an aul crisis or three:D

Rovers fan
18/01/2009, 12:07 AM
If coleman was sold,would the budget be slightly increased or would it be saved for the future?

RGMY
21/01/2009, 9:42 PM
i would imagene in answer to ur query that if coleman is sold the money possibly would go to squad strenghtening would xpect to see a fee of about 100 thous for coleman plus add ons like, so many apps possibly extra 25grand international cap extra 25grand etc anyway the best of luck to the lad hope he gets what he wants

redobit
26/01/2009, 8:37 AM
When the final figure for the budget is rubberstamped (as they call it) does that mean it is set for the sesaon. If more money came it, a good fundraiser or bigger than expected crowds for example, is it possible to revise it upwards whenever the club would like to!

Rovers Maniac
26/01/2009, 10:41 PM
Jeez i would be amazed if there was not some flexbility RGMY in the budget esp in regards to receiving a one off payment which was not budgeted for initially. Surely an 100k would mean you could up your budget by 2k a week? Actually Bohs i think put Brian Murphy and Killian Brennan up for sale with a view to increasing their budget so there must be some leeway involved.

Trainee
26/01/2009, 10:58 PM
[QUOTE=Rovers Maniac;1093181]Jeez i would be amazed if there was not some flexbility RGMY in the budget esp in regards to receiving a one off payment which was not budgeted for initially. Surely an 100k would mean you could up your budget by 2k a week? QUOTE]

If a club gets in extra income thats not in the budget (ie a good cup run) they can spend it on what they want. The only thing FAI will punish clubs is if actual income drops by enough below budgeted income, that a club breakes the 65% wage cap rule

Redie
27/01/2009, 9:00 AM
According to today's Weekender our budget has been approved by the FAI.

Boo_Boy
27/01/2009, 12:04 PM
Thank f**k.

Now lets announce these signings.

akearins
27/01/2009, 2:42 PM
The Salary Cap protocol (introduced by Pauric Smyth in the FAI) should safeguard the future of LOI clubs and as part of the licesnsing criteria must be met by all clubs before a license is granted.The 65% cap is solely what we can spend on the Players salary as outlined in the SCP The Salary Cost Protocol is equitable in that it limits the amount each club can spend on player’s salary costs to 65% of their relevant income in the corresponding financial year.As mentioned on this forum the figure of €10,000 is what we are led to belive is the amount we have to spend on wages.Therefor if this is 65% then we must have presented figures to the FAI of a weekly income of €15,385.So what are we going to do with the €5,385.Taking into account the club has budgeted for travel and other expences from this we should see some ground improvements.After all the SCP states one of the reasons behind the SCP capping 65% on income going too wages is The Salary Cost Protocol will help to ensure that investment into the league is used for the development of clubs in areas such as infrastructure and youth development rather than simply for player salary costs

So if the 65% is stringintly enforced with premier clubs having to present monthly accounts will the development of grounds be as strongly enforced.
Hopefully.

Clubs can also present future financial information prior to the summer transfer window, so fingerscrossed we will have decent crowds to increase revenue.(and ye all sign up to the €2 a week fundraiser)

Check out Salary cap Protocol FAQ's (http://www.thebitored.com/?p=434)

red_away
28/01/2009, 11:53 AM
Clubs will burst the salary cap once they get budgetary clearance (its in the nature of the beast) and the monthly accounts didnt help any clubs steer clear of trouble yet?

dublinred
28/01/2009, 11:59 AM
The Salary Cap protocol (introduced by Pauric Smyth in the FAI) should safeguard the future of LOI clubs and as part of the licesnsing criteria must be met by all clubs before a license is granted.The 65% cap is solely what we can spend on the Players salary as outlined in the SCP The Salary Cost Protocol is equitable in that it limits the amount each club can spend on player’s salary costs to 65% of their relevant income in the corresponding financial year.As mentioned on this forum the figure of €10,000 is what we are led to belive is the amount we have to spend on wages.Therefor if this is 65% then we must have presented figures to the FAI of a weekly income of €15,385.So what are we going to do with the €5,385.Taking into account the club has budgeted for travel and other expences from this we should see some ground improvements.After all the SCP states one of the reasons behind the SCP capping 65% on income going too wages is The Salary Cost Protocol will help to ensure that investment into the league is used for the development of clubs in areas such as infrastructure and youth development rather than simply for player salary costs

So if the 65% is stringintly enforced with premier clubs having to present monthly accounts will the development of grounds be as strongly enforced.
Hopefully.

Clubs can also present future financial information prior to the summer transfer window, so fingerscrossed we will have decent crowds to increase revenue.(and ye all sign up to the €2 a week fundraiser)

Check out Salary cap Protocol FAQ's (http://www.thebitored.com/?p=434)

We should a chunk of the 35% to employ a pitch consultant , a ground consultant and a planning consultant , would be great if they just happened to be handy at football and played with us for free.

Inside Man
18/02/2009, 7:44 PM
According to the Champion it will cost 1,045,000 to run sligo rovers this year. With 250,000 on players wages. I don't think the club can create that kind of turnover. We'll be digging into our wallets again ladies and Gentlemen i fear, and this year it won't be to save the club, they'll come out and tell us if you don't give us the money we'll be getting points docked for not staying over the 65% cap, and that'll mean a relegation dogfight and possible relegation.
Thats my prediction. You heard it here first.

brianw82
18/02/2009, 7:48 PM
According to the Champion it will cost 1,045,000 to run sligo rovers this year. With 250,000 on players wages.

I don't understand where the other 750,000 comes from, if it's not going on player wages.

Rovers1
18/02/2009, 7:48 PM
We're gonna go unbeaten the first 15 games, hit a sticky patch. Then we'll win the league. We'll win the cup too. oh and you heard it here first ;)

Rovers Maniac
18/02/2009, 7:53 PM
I don't understand where the other 750,000 comes from, if it's not going on player wages.

Do the math the 250k is not correct for players wages.

Rovers1
18/02/2009, 8:00 PM

could be the board budgeting for a bigger squad?....:D

weekly expenses, travel etc.??

brianw82
18/02/2009, 8:00 PM

What is the correct figure for player wages, then?

Rovers Maniac
18/02/2009, 8:03 PM
According to the Champion it will cost 1,045,000 to run sligo rovers this year. With 250,000 on players wages. I don't think the club can create that kind of turnover. We'll be digging into our wallets again ladies and Gentlemen i fear, and this year it won't be to save the club, they'll come out and tell us if you don't give us the money we'll be getting points docked for not staying over the 65% cap, and that'll mean a relegation dogfight and possible relegation.
Thats my prediction. You heard it here first.

Jesus i'd say Avvenalaf has stiff competition to be Rovers's chicken lickin. :)

I'd take your point they really need to have a good plan to bring in some money via a decent friendly match. Now is the time to be acting on this, i was looking at the fixtures and there is a nasty little break of 5 weeks and only 1 home game after Galway at home on May 22nd through to July4th when we play Drogs at home, our home in between is Derry. So i think the club need to organise something and maybe look at trying to get a Wolves, Reading or Sunderland type friendly for a little later in the summer.

We need to help ourselves as a club a little more imo.

Rovers Maniac
18/02/2009, 8:06 PM
What is the correct figure for player wages, then?

How would i know? :D

brianw82
18/02/2009, 8:08 PM
How would i know? :D

Because you seem to know that the 250,000 figure is not correct.

Inside Man
18/02/2009, 8:10 PM
I'd take your point they really need to have a good plan to bring in some money via a decent friendly match. Now is the time to be acting on this, i was looking at the fixtures and there is a nasty little break of 5 weeks and only 1 home game after Galway at home on May 22nd through to July4th when we play Drogs at home, our home in between is Derry. So i think the club need to organise something and maybe look at trying to get a Wolves, Reading or Sunderland type friendly for a little later in the summer.

We need to help ourselves as a club a little more imo.
A friendly should definately be top of the agenda for the AGM. This should be used more as a fundraiser rather than begging Fans. I know its not easy getting them, but last year we missed the boat on Wolves and Sunderland's tours of Ireland.
Look I'm just quoting what was said in the Champion. 1mil to run the club and a quarter of that goes to players wages. Sorry but is that not the correct maths? I can see why they have budgeted that much with a European trip costing the guts of 100,000 taking up a chunk of it.

Rovers Maniac
18/02/2009, 8:14 PM
A friendly should definately be top of the agenda for the AGM. This should be used more as a fundraiser rather than begging Fans. I know its not easy getting them, but last year we missed the boat on Wolves and Sunderland's tours of Ireland.
Look I'm just quoting what was said in the Champion. 1mil to run the club and a quarter of that goes to players wages. Sorry but is that not the correct maths? I can see why they have budgeted that much with a European trip costing the guts of 100,000 taking up a chunk of it.

Lads break down a 250k between 16 players for a year and see what that is a week, if BrianW82 should get this.:)

Rovers fan
18/02/2009, 8:16 PM
Lads break down a 250k between 16 players for a year and see what that is a week, if BrianW82 should get this.:)

Ya but are we paying wages for a year?(serious question!)

Inside Man
18/02/2009, 8:23 PM
Your talking 300 euro average a week for each player. Taking into account part time players thats probably about right maybe an extra 50k to that, so circa 300k?

EDIT: good point Rovers Fan that would probably make up for it.

Trainee
18/02/2009, 8:27 PM
outside player wages other expenses will be manager wages, ref fees, medical costs,security costs,travel costs(european travel will cost fortune)etc

Rovers1
18/02/2009, 8:29 PM
manger wages,

Jesus left 2 seasons ago. Think he's at Athlone now.

Trainee
18/02/2009, 8:32 PM
Jesus left 2 seasons ago. Think he's at Athlone now.

sorry left out a in manager

Well Red
18/02/2009, 8:49 PM
Early days but after two games with the reserves Seamus Coleman looks like he could be playing first team football at Everton within a month or two. If that happens I have heard that Rovers will receive €150K, if that is true then that would cover the European venture but would hate to see us having to use that much up over a few matches. What is the position regarding home European games, will the Showgrounds be passed ok or are we going to have to take our games elsewhere and where. Totally agree that an attractive friendly would be a huge help as I feel the begging bowl will not succeed as this country will have slipped further financially over the next six months.

Rovers1
18/02/2009, 8:56 PM
What is the position regarding home European games, will the Showgrounds be passed ok

think were ok for first round.

sligoman
18/02/2009, 9:01 PM
What is the position regarding home European games, will the Showgrounds be passed okToolan was asked this at the press conference. He said work needs to be done on it and said the club will continue to carry out work on the ground. He never really answered the question iirc, just spoke about improving the ground in the long term.