PDA

View Full Version : dick o'hanlon

kev
23/09/2001, 5:51 PM
I just thought Dick O'Hanlon had another stinker of a game. I can see why damien Richardson got mad it was like the John Aldridge incident in the world cup game against Mexico.
Anyway great win and we can thank him for the spotter.

Jack_2001
24/09/2001, 8:15 AM
I dunno Kev,

I've seen really really bad refereeing at the cross against us before, (and mostly by D*** himself), but I honestly felt that he didn't have a bad game yesterday for most of it. For the first half, we seemed to get the break of most of the 50-50's, and though I will admit he reverted to his old ways in the second half a bit, the man gave us a dodgy penalty and played enough stoppage time for us to win the game:). Old Trafford referees couldn't do more than that for Man United:)

Neil
24/09/2001, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Jack_2001
the man gave us a dodgy penalty and played enough stoppage time for us to win the game:).
The penalty was as clear cut as it can be (I saw it on the news after). There were five substutions so the three minutes added on were the minimum.

Jack_2001
24/09/2001, 10:49 AM
k Neil,

but your lack of an opinion on his general handling of the game was conspicuous....

overdebar
12/10/2001, 11:53 AM
That man is a joke. anyone remember him from that infamous night in Inchacore....2/3 years ago, when he did everything that he could to ensure that Pats won the game. 'twas like being in some soviet communist country. never felt like invading the pitch before, but that nearly pushed me over the edge.:eek:

ccfcman
29/10/2001, 3:36 PM
dick(HEAD) O'Hanlon is basically an awful ref and he should feck off back to waterford and get hus F**KIN GEYES TESTED

Jack_2001
29/10/2001, 10:06 PM
Why is it that Waterford refs are just a load of ********????? First Dick and now Jimmy O Neill last Sunday!!! Christ!! I maintain though, that Waterford have never forgiven us for beating them 5-0 in the League three years ago at the cross!! (Remember the Dobbs volley??? ..... aaaaaahhhhhh:)) )

RĂ©iteoir
30/10/2001, 2:06 PM
Originally posted by Jack_2001
Why is it that Waterford refs are just a load of ********????? First Dick and now Jimmy O Neill last Sunday!!! Christ!! I maintain though, that Waterford have never forgiven us for beating them 5-0 in the League three years ago at the cross!! (Remember the Dobbs volley??? ..... aaaaaahhhhhh:)) )

Quite agree Jack - CCFCman - that's your first caution on this section - a second one will result in me taking action...

RĂ©iteoir - Section Moderator

dahamsta
30/10/2001, 2:22 PM
Ha! I really have to add a "cards" hack for this. It's quite appropriate for my three strikes rule... :)

adam

pete
30/10/2001, 3:11 PM
That be more a GAA thing woudln't it? That your"name", yellow & then red card.

Football has none of this "taking your name lark..."

dahamsta
30/10/2001, 4:03 PM
Originally posted by pete
That be more a GAA thing woudln't it? That your"name", yellow & then red card.

Football has none of this "taking your name lark..."

I was thinking more along the lines of two yellows, and then a red...

adam

ccfcman
17/11/2001, 9:16 PM
yes but dont they get cautioned if its not too bad a tackle???