PDA

View Full Version : Alan Cawley to sign for Rovers

red metal
09/01/2009, 9:56 PM
I was told today Alan Cawley will sign for Rovers.In the next day or so anybody here this?Great signing if it true

sligoman
09/01/2009, 10:17 PM
Heard he signed last week. He was spotted in town today chatting with Cook and Carr.

red metal
09/01/2009, 10:20 PM
I was told today that he would sign tonight or tomorrow!By a very good mate of his!

sligoman
09/01/2009, 10:27 PM
I was told today that he would sign tonight or tomorrow!By a very good mate of his!That's probably true so, probably discussing terms today. He's signing anyway, that's the main thing.

red metal
09/01/2009, 10:30 PM
He will be a great signing 3-4 more quality players and we should be right up tere!

sligoman
09/01/2009, 10:32 PM
Parkhouse and Owen Morrison have signed too according to the Daily Mail.

Rovers fan
09/01/2009, 10:41 PM
jeez we have enough centre mids anyway - cawley,russel(?)ventre, 0'grady,ryan. Actually have o'grady and almeida re-signed yet?

sligoman
09/01/2009, 10:53 PM
jeez we have enough centre mids anyway - cawley,russel(?)ventre, 0'grady,ryan. Actually have o'grady and almeida re-signed yet?Russell hasn't signed yet, that's just a rumour. Ventre doesn't have to be used in centre midfield. No word on O'Grady but mad aul Mauro is gone crazy with his money demands.

Rovers fan
09/01/2009, 11:12 PM
Russell hasn't signed yet, that's just a rumour.

I know, i had a question mark in brackets after his name.

Any hope of almeida signing?

sligoman
09/01/2009, 11:13 PM
I know, i had a question mark in brackets after his name.

Any hope of almeida signing?Thought the brackets were because you were unsure of the spelling:p

Not sure tbh. I know he's been offered an improved deal but there's no way he'll get what he's rumoured to be asking for. Unless I won the Euromillions tonight and pay his wages meself...must check me numbersh.

Inside Man
10/01/2009, 8:29 PM
Mauro is gone crazy with his money demands.
Greedy bugger. Does he not realise we nearly went out of business 4months ago?
To be honest(this is just my opinion) he is way overated. I can see why he never made it in England. His mistakes are disguised by a brilliant Peers and when peersie is out Mauro can be very exposed.
With so many Centre halfs out of contract with Irish clubs, Cook should be looking for those possibilities(Jason Gavin or any of Drogs centre halfs spring to mind). I know they would demand slighly higher wages but if you were to get a man like Gavin in, his experience in Europe and Setanta would be invaluable next year.

RGMY
10/01/2009, 8:40 PM
great to see cawley being signed on a quick note the club cannot afford any mistakes like last year and with the right man in charge of finance cant see it happening

brianw82
11/01/2009, 6:19 AM
Greedy bugger. Does he not realise we nearly went out of business 4months ago?

I don't know the full details, but doesn't Mauro have a kid now? He's probably looking out for his family first of all. Whatever his wishes are for wages, it's probably being blown out of proportion here.

forza rovers
11/01/2009, 8:23 AM
on the club website it says nobody's being signed yet.

Terry
11/01/2009, 8:32 AM
Russell hasn't signed yet, that's just a rumour. .
without going to far off topic, where russell will be next season is up in the air as the guy is hobbling around on crutches at the moment. He is also a big fan of kennas style of football so with him staying on for another season, the hope is that John might decide to stay too.

celticV3
11/01/2009, 2:21 PM
on the club website it says nobody's being signed yet.

First for breaking rovers news of course, those who update aren't informed until everybody already knows. Poor communication involved in the running of the website.

Rovers1
11/01/2009, 2:24 PM
mad aul Mauro is gone crazy with his money demands.

go on Mauro!

Hulsey
15/01/2009, 3:28 PM
Cawleys a great player when on form, but so useless its unreal when he isnt. Very poor for us last year looked like he wasnt interested most of the time. You'd want to have someone willing to do the work of 2 men in centre midfield with him. That said if Cook can keep him interested after the first few kicks he gets he'll be a v good signing

redobit
15/01/2009, 3:56 PM
Cawleys a great player when on form, but so useless its unreal when he isnt. Very poor for us last year looked like he wasnt interested most of the time. You'd want to have someone willing to do the work of 2 men in centre midfield with him. That said if Cook can keep him interested after the first few kicks he gets he'll be a v good signing

Hopefully he will have to fight more for his place and put in better performances, to keep his place.
Also, no offence to the bray fans, put he will be playing for his home town team & fans with us. Rovers fans won't be long letting him know to get the finger out too.

BrayUnknowns
15/01/2009, 4:19 PM
Hopefully he will have to fight more for his place and put in better performances, to keep his place.
Also, no offence to the bray fans, put he will be playing for his home town team & fans with us. Rovers fans won't be long letting him know to get the finger out too.

Beleive me, Bray fans weren't to long in telling him to get the finger out either !

Terribly nice fella but awfully lazy and inconsistant on the pitch. At times he was only ok for us last season but far to much of it he was awful and even when dropped and told to fight for his place he did absolutely nothing to warrent a starting place. Alan is a good footballer who is one of the better passers in the League put he needs to be in with a top quality work horse to cover his arse for him. He could work well with O'Grady i reckon. I wish Alan all the best and hope he does really well for his home town club, he will always be welcomed back to the Carlisle, he had time for everyone and got on brilliantly with the fans, always had time to stop and chat with us after games.

redobit
19/01/2009, 12:03 PM
[quote=BrayUnknowns;1087160]Beleive me, Bray fans weren't to long in telling him to get the finger out either ! quote]

I have no doubt of this. What Im saying is that if youre playing for your home team, and its your family, friends, neighbours, schoolmates etc, that are geting on to ya, it would have to carry more weight and be more likely to get a responce from any player.

forza rovers
20/01/2009, 6:02 PM
so any news on this?

superfrank
20/01/2009, 6:19 PM
Just to echo the other Bray lads, he's a great player on form but he's very bad for motivation. He's so full of himself, it's unreal. You're getting a good player but you're also getting a serious attitude problem, regardless of what club he's at. He's lazy and woefully inconsistent.

Remember, he was playing at Shels when they were champions a few years ago and he didn't seem to be up for fighting for his place there. If you're not motivated to play for the champions, it's not good.

EDIT - Also, the Bray lads can back me up here, being at your hometown club and having your friends and family around you doesn't always motivate you. Just look at what to Robbie Doyle during his last spell for us.

gustavo
20/01/2009, 6:44 PM
training with Bohs at the moment

brianw82
20/01/2009, 7:31 PM
training with Bohs at the moment

It's probably just more convenient for him to train there at the moment, as the deal with us doesn't seem to have been completed. Same for Richie Baker, I'd imagine. No harm - training is training, no matter who with. I don't think Bohs are really in a position to sign anyone, until their contracted players agree to the 30% wage cut.