PDA

View Full Version : Canada game - anyone going?

NigeSausagepump
13/11/2003, 4:50 PM
Out of interest, is anyone going to the Canada game?

It'll be interesting to see what size crowd shows up. I'd imagine it'll be mainly some of the more resolute fans, with most of the World Cup Johnny Come Latelys burned off by events in the Euro qualifiers.

London Irish
13/11/2003, 6:17 PM
will be flying over as ever and cannot wait!!!!

At the end of the day it's about supporting the boys in green regardless of who we are playing.

After a bad year for irish football, I'm hoping we can get back to a good positive feeling at LR- and please god some singing!!!!!

London Irish and Proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beavis
13/11/2003, 9:12 PM
Originally posted by London Irish
please god some singing!!!!!

yes,let's here ye!!We need have a louder Landsdowne for next years campaign.Some of the eerie silences last years must put off the players.El fans do what they can but we need the whole ground to get behind 'em

Tickets on sale from Merrion Square I presume?They didn't really announce much about when they were going on sale

Ref
13/11/2003, 10:40 PM
i'll be there!

:)

Junior
14/11/2003, 7:25 AM
won't make this one,

All my annual leave used up now over the last 11 months, following Ireland and Celtic.

Would've liked to have seen Miller make is senior debut though in the flesh, will have to make do with TV (is it on SKy? haven't checked yet).

gspain
14/11/2003, 8:12 AM
Yes as always.

petef
14/11/2003, 10:42 AM
Yeh it clashes with the scots U21 game so that might cause me a few probs, I really want to see Reidy debut.

fergalr
14/11/2003, 12:26 PM
Yes (of course).
1) its our national team
2) how often do we get a chance to see quality players like Duff and Given play in Dublin?

John83
14/11/2003, 3:24 PM
We the educated should have our usual band of half a dozen or so in attendance. It's Wednesday, right?

TheRealRovers
14/11/2003, 7:41 PM
Dose anyone know if the EL fans will have there own part of the ground for the game

Slash/ED
15/11/2003, 12:42 AM
I may be wrong here, but it doesn't appear to be on TV at all. RTE are advertising it live on radio and Sky aren't advertising it at all, even if their ads for the international matches coming up over the next week. Unless TV3 are showing it it looks like it's not on TV.

Lucky that I have my tickets already then :)

Junior
16/11/2003, 10:20 AM
Looks like Miller won't play, sat out training due to this tight hamstring thingy he has.

Healy also sat out training (sore toe) as well as Oshea.

John Thompson (Forest) and Richard Dunne (if the FAI can get hold of him) have been called in as replacements for Andy Obrien and Gary Breen.

"Im going to use the players who haven't played in the last few games, te likes of S Reid, R Delap, S Mcphail"

"Miller is unlikely to play........Andy Reid will definitely play some part"

Dion Fanning also hinted at Graham Kavanagh starting the game.

all from the Sunday Indo. Jnr

Footie_Fan
16/11/2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by NigeSausagepump
It'll be interesting to see what size crowd shows up. I'd imagine it'll be mainly some of the more resolute fans, with most of the World Cup Johnny Come Latelys burned off by events in the Euro qualifiers.

I'll be there!

But as you say the glory hunters will be notable by their absence. The same pathetic excuses for Ireland supporters who moan when they don't get tickets for the big qualifiers.

Slash/ED
16/11/2003, 1:51 PM
Originally posted by Slash/ED
I may be wrong here, but it doesn't appear to be on TV at all. RTE are advertising it live on radio and Sky aren't advertising it at all, even if their ads for the international matches coming up over the next week. Unless TV3 are showing it it looks like it's not on TV.

Lucky that I have my tickets already then :)

Just going back to that, I was wrong. Sky must have got the rights late or something, but they advertised showing the match during the Scotland Holland game. Tuesday, sky sports one at seven for anyone not going who has Sky, and there is delayed coverage on TV3 too.

liam88
16/11/2003, 2:21 PM
Look's like it was due to be on Sky Sports 3 but they cancelled it
:( shame, coz i'lll have to make do with Sky Sports News updates or radio commentary :rolleyes:

liam88
16/11/2003, 2:30 PM
sorry slash/ed -meh comp was playing up and I didn't get your message :)
Thanks for that, i'll be watching :D

London Irish
16/11/2003, 6:15 PM
pre-match foot.ie drink up anyone??: few of us might be in 'Fitzgerald's' (south of the Liffey, walk down O'Connell street across the bridge on the right) early afternoon!

Good to put a few faces to names.

Cheers!!

tiktok
17/11/2003, 3:18 PM
where's everyone heading within the ground??? I think the numbers are going to be way down for this one so it'd be nice to make some noise.

Beavis
17/11/2003, 9:10 PM
I presume you'll be able to get tickets at near Jury's tomorrow night?
I'll probably go South Terrace but am open to see where others are heading cause would be good to get some noise going

UCD_4_Life
17/11/2003, 9:52 PM
I certainly won't be going, even though I did have the chance.

I might keep one eye on the TV during it, I really don't care though.

Footie_Fan
18/11/2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by UCD_4_Life
I certainly won't be going, even though I did have the chance.

I might keep one eye on the TV during it, I really don't care though.

Nice attitude :rolleyes: