PDA

View Full Version : EGM

The Rebel Ram
09/01/2009, 12:29 PM
I'm back, PC crashed before the hols (i recon it was the FOCR's secret service)
On a serious note I know an awful lot of members read this site even if they don't post. If they are in any doubt as to how to vote on Sunday can I ask them to vote for the FAI. I personally believe it is the best possible way forward for the club, the only realistic way forward. Please remember that all you are voting for is for more information. THE DEAL STILL HAS TO BE RATIFFIED BY THE MEMBERS WHEN IT IS COMPLETE. So if there is any doubt about the plan and if you are still not sure by time the vote comes around on Sunday please plase vote for information, Vote 'Yes' to have talks with the FAI.

don ramo
09/01/2009, 12:50 PM
welsome back
you missed all the festive cheer

i hope there is a good turnout, and that poeple take the offer that WILL save the club, and not the ridiculus offer that MIGHT save the club,

you have to remeber these friends have barly suported rams financially in the past, so how and where do they suddenly get such a large amount of money from,

this story that people with money wont support rams cause of our chairman is bull, these people are greedy little ****s, and have no interest whatsoever, if they do, then why didnt they support the friends when there commitees were in power, well

jamesd
09/01/2009, 5:17 PM
Well now I am just back too and I see in the nick of time.

What?? Another vote?? For God Sake, does the Chairman and Committee not understand democracy??? The membership of Cobh Ramblers FC voted against this FAI plan and that should now be respected.

If anyone else tried to force something through a second time, then the Chirman's supporters would jumping up and down saying what I am saying.

How can this club survive when the democratic decisions of the members are not respected?

This has gone way beyond personalities now. This is about the basic fundamental right of all citizens in this country. The right to vote and that vote been respected.

The members have already spoken and if the Chairman and Committee and their supporters want to save face and avoid embarassment, then I urge them to accept the will of the majority who voted against this plan and allow others to save this club once and for all.

MainManRam
09/01/2009, 6:30 PM
I am really sick of all the bit*hes on here. Just forget yer own little hidden agendas- I dont like him and him and he doesnt like me- ffs give me a break. You wouldnt see this on Fair City.
This is Cobh Ramblers FC. This towns only league of Ireland club and you people are all putting that in jeopardy:mad:. Most of you dont give a sh*t about this football club and thats a fact.
The people who care are some of the people who dont even have a say.
The club isnt run right and probably never has, thats common knowledge, but lets secure the future of the club and then sort out the rest. Change is needed but that is not the priority.
The priority is making sure there is a club and a team.

FOCR's if you have the intrests of the club at heart then stop running off to the papers every second day and put some gauantees on paper instead nof empty threats and promises:mad:

6yardpunisha
09/01/2009, 7:04 PM

What?? Another vote?? For God Sake, does the Chairman and Committee not understand democracy??? The membership of Cobh Ramblers FC voted against this FAI plan and that should now be respected.

If anyone else tried to force something through a second time, then the Chirman's supporters would jumping up and down saying what I am saying.

How can this club survive when the democratic decisions of the members are not respected?

This has gone way beyond personalities now. This is about the basic fundamental right of all citizens in this country. The right to vote and that vote been respected.

The members have already spoken and if the Chairman and Committee and their supporters want to save face and avoid embarassment, then I urge them to accept the will of the majority who voted against this plan and allow others to save this club once and for all.

this coming from the FOCR's whose main aim is that the elected committee stand down so that they can put in their own non elected committee,HYPOCRISY at its very best.
FOCR's are all about control and power, nothing else, so JamesD(unce), go away and spout your constitutional crap somewhere else please.

theboywonder
09/01/2009, 7:39 PM
Lads, Jamesd especially, we all know its not the situation we want to be in but believe it or not we are so we just have to deal with it and get on with it. With all the companies around the country going bust at the mo i bet you 99% of them would love to be bailed out like we can be. This debt did not accumalte in one season its been building for years even when some of the FOCR's were on the commitee. At the end of the day its simple we dont get bailed out, we close the gates and the tax man and creitors take whats left, the FOCR's 100k proposal wont do the buisness, i would love it if it did but it wont, lets just get on with it and through it and see what happens on the other end. If the vote is no on Sunday we wont be watching any football in St Colmans Park not even MSL.

Ram72
10/01/2009, 1:10 AM

True, the majority did vote against the F.A.I. proposal, but maybe we have to vote again, because what have the people who campaigned against it done since. They have done SWEET FOCkeR ALL since.
At the moment their is only one proposal on the table that has any chance of saving our club, and that is the F.A.I. proposal.
Since the last E.G.M. the FOCkeR's have done nothing to convince me that their proposal (DREAM/FANTASY) is the best way forward to save OUR CLUB (NOT THEIR CLUB)
Money talk's, bullsh!t walk's, and all I'm hearing from the FOCkeR's is loads of bullsh!t.:cool:

bellavistaman
10/01/2009, 2:31 AM

How can this club survive when the democratic decisions of the members are not respected? .

The memebership voted in favour of the FOCR proposal, which was never given to the members. I signed the EGm form because the FOCRs were clearly not doing asnything to back the bull**** they spouted for weeks. I wasnt siiting round while every hour of every day went by without the FOCR doing what they said they were going to do. If it wasnt for the EGM sunday the club would be at a standstill until "Barry Walsh is gone" which is feb 2010, well i for one want to have a club to support thats why i put my name to list to push the FAI proposal forward, so we can have a club and move forward with FINANCIAL CONTROLS into a new and successful era!!

Th second point i left, is how can the club survive when the democratic decisions of the members are not respected?
Well i ask how can the club survive when secret groups meet very often and exclude other members, go to the papers, radio, Mr.Delaney and FAI and "pretend to be representing the members". Im not a "friend" of Cobh Ramblers, yet the last year ive done every thing i can to support the club,(2k loan, been involved in two fundriasers for the club which took loads f my time, and was not supported by the majority of FOCR's but the REAL fans who mighnt even be members like Main Man Ram, and my friends too plus many others, the FOCR people wouldnt even have a drink in the club after they won the vote, and during xmas and all the festive season. They stated on the newsletter they will enjoy Xmas in our own facilities, well last i checked the crows nest was not property of Cobh Ramblers.

I am really sick of all the bit*hes on here. Just forget yer own little hidden agendas- I dont like him and him and he doesnt like me- ffs give me a break. You wouldnt see this on Fair City.
This is Cobh Ramblers FC. This towns only league of Ireland club and you people are all putting that in jeopardy:mad:. Most of you dont give a sh*t about this football club and thats a fact.
The people who care are some of the people who dont even have a say.
The club isnt run right and probably never has, thats common knowledge, but lets secure the future of the club and then sort out the rest. Change is needed but that is not the priority.
The priority is making sure there is a club and a team.

FOCR's if you have the intrests of the club at heart then stop running off to the papers every second day and put some gauantees on paper instead nof empty threats and promises:mad:

Well said Main Man Ram

Redshanks
10/01/2009, 9:19 AM
Well done Bella!

NOW LETS LOOK AT FOCR SYLE DEMOCRACY!

1.They boycotted the Sunderland Match because they didnt want the club to make money.
2. They still boycott the bar except for one member who attends every night so he can make faces up the counter at the chairman. Some of them openly spread stories around the town that the bar will be closed down completely soon so they can say at egm's that the bar manager isnt running the place properly, and of course those in the supporters club even cancelled the kids xmas party (another boycott).
3. They boycotted the first vote on the fai proposal when they had the excuse of not being notified in writing, despite all the yes voters hearing about the egm and making themselves available.
4. The Focrs like democracy when they can put 20 signatures on a sheet of paper for a vote of no confidence in the chair, but no other members can use this avenue even when they feel the very future of the club is at stake. So what if it was already voted on, some members clearly realise that they voted the wrong way the first time and are entitled to change. The FOCR's clearly know this and are crapping themselves and yes want to subvert this democratice procedure.

MARK MY WORDS Members! Dont be surprised if the they try to block the meeting and if as I expect the FAI deal is passed, they will use solicitors again to legally over-turn our democratic decision. Time for the club solicitors to be on stand by Mr chairman!

don ramo
10/01/2009, 11:00 AM
Well done Bella!

NOW LETS LOOK AT FOCR SYLE DEMOCRACY!

1.They boycotted the Sunderland Match because they didnt want the club to make money.
2. They still boycott the bar except for one member who attends every night so he can make faces up the counter at the chairman. Some of them openly spread stories around the town that the bar will be closed down completely soon so they can say at egm's that the bar manager isnt running the place properly, and of course those in the supporters club even cancelled the kids xmas party (another boycott).
3. They boycotted the first vote on the fai proposal when they had the excuse of not being notified in writing, despite all the yes voters hearing about the egm and making themselves available.
4. The Focrs like democracy when they can put 20 signatures on a sheet of paper for a vote of no confidence in the chair, but no other members can use this avenue even when they feel the very future of the club is at stake. So what if it was already voted on, some members clearly realise that they voted the wrong way the first time and are entitled to change. The FOCR's clearly know this and are crapping themselves and yes want to subvert this democratice procedure.

MARK MY WORDS Members! Dont be surprised if the they try to block the meeting and if as I expect the FAI deal is passed, they will use solicitors again to legally over-turn our democratic decision. Time for the club solicitors to be on stand by Mr chairman!

well in the that case well just have another EGM to ban the friends and all there followers from the club forever,

like it was said since the FAI proposal was shot down the friends have done noting but meet twice a week, and present there latest findings on how to save the club, my guess is they have no plan and deffinately no E100K

jamesd
10/01/2009, 1:32 PM
The memebership voted in favour of the FOCR proposal,

Bella, this is so in-correct. The membership voted against the FAI proposal and in favour of the Financial Controls as presented by Dan Wyatt. NO other proposal was voted on.

It is another re-run of Lisbon, but the difference is that its run by a dictatorship. A dictatorship that has divided this club and brought it to its knees and now sees as the only way of saving face, to sell the ground to the FAI and try and hide behind that as been the saviour of the club.

The sad reality of all of this is, that this dictator has many people wrapped around his finger and like all dictators around the world, does not and will not give up power easily.

I challange all members of Cobh Ramblers to be brave and show to the dictator that we can and will survive. Our strength is that we love and believe in our Club and we all know deep down that we can make it work without selling the ground to anyone.

don ramo
10/01/2009, 1:42 PM
Bella, this is so in-correct. The membership voted against the FAI proposal and in favour of the Financial Controls as presented by Dan Wyatt. NO other proposal was voted on.

It is another re-run of Lisbon, but the difference is that its run by a dictatorship. A dictatorship that has divided this club and brought it to its knees and now sees as the only way of saving face, to sell the ground to the FAI and try and hide behind that as been the saviour of the club.

The sad reality of all of this is, that this dictator has many people wrapped around his finger and like all dictators around the world, does not and will not give up power easily.

I challange all members of Cobh Ramblers to be brave and show to the dictator that we can and will survive. Our strength is that we love and believe in our Club and we all know deep down that we can make it work without selling the ground to anyone.

thats funny i remember said dictator being elected into office on 3 seperate occasions,

you cant make it work, unless you have half a million lying about the place E100K isnt enough to clear debths, youll just get the revenue to give you an extension on repayments after they get the E100K off ya, all that will go straight to the revenue, then you have the other 50 creditors, what do you do about them the smallest one can shut you down,

plus nobody will support someone who is willing to take the club to the brink to get into power,

The Rebel Ram
10/01/2009, 2:04 PM
Bella, this is so in-correct. The membership voted against the FAI proposal and in favour of the Financial Controls as presented by Dan Wyatt. NO other proposal was voted on..

This was the second time the proposal was voted on, Sunday will be the third and final I hope.

Will we just put the locks on the gate, get realistic and take the personalities out of the club, the Chairman was democratically elected.

Redshanks
10/01/2009, 3:58 PM
Jamesd you are so wrong.

The chairman or dictator did not call for this second sorry third vote on the FAI proposal. I and 22 other members did.
We also called for the FOCR proposal to be explained at tomorows meeting, so will you and your fellow FOCR's be there to produce the answers?

As for my choice of dictators? give me Walsh over Murphy anyday. Walsh has a mandate!

jamesd
10/01/2009, 5:47 PM
As for my choice of dictators? give me Walsh over Murphy anyday. Walsh has a mandate!

It is all about trust here.

Ye all want members to put further trust in a Chairman that has built up huge debt.

He didn't pay the tax man!!

He didn't pay the creditors!!

He didn't pay anyone!!

And now ye all want to trust him again??

And lastly, how can the members put trust in anyone who dosen't respect the democratic decision of the members??

The members voted NO to the FAI proposal. ANd last time I checked, No mean No.

rambler14
10/01/2009, 6:00 PM
I can see things being short tomorrow. The FOCR's have nothing!

6yardpunisha
10/01/2009, 6:19 PM
I can see things being short tomorrow. The FOCR's have nothing!

pie in the sky, they have duped the members and should be held accountable for doing what they have done

don ramo
10/01/2009, 6:37 PM

Ye all want members to put further trust in a Chairman that has built up huge debt.

He didn't pay the tax man!!

He didn't pay the creditors!!

He didn't pay anyone!!

And now ye all want to trust him again??

And lastly, how can the members put trust in anyone who dosen't respect the democratic decision of the members??

so how do we trust the friends when they are trying to insert there dictator while trying to oust the democratically elected commitee,

i think you would find if he didnt pay the creditors you would have a much much larger debth, that tax bill would only take a year to build up, that isnt even one years tax, tax is a huge burden on every club in the land,

and it was the members who called for a revote not the commitee, just like the friends called for the second vote cause they WERENT informed of the first meeting, so i think best 2 out of 3 is only fair, after all the first meeting agreed to go to the FAI, the second didnt, so as far as i can see its tied

ramblers
10/01/2009, 6:44 PM
Its all very sad that everyone cant work for the good of the club and pull in the same direction.

I am off to follow Waterford until they run out of Money or Ramblers sort out this rubbish!!
Enjoy the EGM no doubt it wont be the last!!

don ramo
10/01/2009, 6:49 PM
Its all very sad that everyone cant work for the good of the club and pull in the same direction.

I am off to follow Waterford until they run out of Money or Ramblers sort out this rubbish!!

buy hendo:p:D

bellavistaman
10/01/2009, 7:11 PM

Enjoy waterford, some supporter you are.

bellavistaman
10/01/2009, 7:23 PM

Point 1, its all about having a club next year.
Point 2, how can the members trust people who leak information to papers and radio stations(despite being asked not to), write to the fai on behalf of the members of cobh ramblers even though there is only 6 names on the letter?? how can the members trust a man when they are basically a club within a club, they are excluding the majority members.
Point 3, they voted no to the proposal on the thought that there was an alternative in place, and as we all now know the alternative is a stack of ****, which had conditions attached which were announced after the vote and which might have turned the majority of members off voting no.

Straght out hand on heart if ye win tomorrow after giving yere presentation if ye win, so be it we all move on and save the club no mater what it takes. But under no circumstances will ye be electing chairman sec and committee without going down theproper channels. You talk about dictatorship but ye are saying ye will pick the hole lot of officers without even asking the members.

6yardpunisha
10/01/2009, 7:29 PM
Point 2, how can the members trust people who leak information to papers and radio stations(despite being asked not to), write to the fai on behalf of the members of cobh ramblers even though there is only 6 names on the letter?? how can the members trust a man when they are basically a club within a club, they are excluding the majority members.
Point 3, they voted no to the proposal on the thought that there was an alternative in place, and as we all now know the alternative is a stack of ****, which had conditions attached which were announced after the vote and which might have turned the majority of members off voting no.

Straght out hand on heart if ye win tomorrow after giving yere presentation if ye win, so be it we all move on and save the club no mater what it takes. But under no circumstances will ye be electing chairman sec and committee without going down theproper channels. You talk about dictatorship but ye are saying ye will pick the hole lot of officers without even asking the members.

good man bella,those 6 people should be f**ked out of the club for good.Everything they have done so far is based on lies and deceit and there proposal is the biggest heap of steaming s**t i have ever seen.
The Crows Nest 6, that is what they should be known as. The 6 of ye should hang yere heads in shame

luka
10/01/2009, 7:29 PM

Clap Clap Clap Clap that Man. I couldn't have said anything like it better myself.

bellavistaman
10/01/2009, 7:31 PM
Clap Clap Clap Clap that Man. I couldn't have said anything like it better myself.

thats why im better than you!!:D

luka
10/01/2009, 8:17 PM
thats why im better than you!!:D

Well, if you take into consideration that I'm 44 and you're about 22 (give or take), the last game we played, I scored two (one classic 35 yarder) and missed a spotter (just), and you scored how many? :p

rambler14
10/01/2009, 8:32 PM

BOO!!!!!!

Ramblers till I die me hole!

jamesd
10/01/2009, 8:37 PM

Bella, firstly, I am not with the so called FOCRs, nor would I want to be for that matter. However I did tell some of them when I saw their piece in the GICN that they were making a huge mistake in seeking to have a new Committee voted in straight away.

I do not believe that selling out to the FAI is the correct plan of action as is so evident with the current financial crises, their rules and regulations could also change.

Personally Bella, I see this as been a quick fix to a long on going problem and my challange for the elected members of the club is rather than selling out the ground, sort out the mess that they helped in creating.

rambler14
10/01/2009, 8:39 PM

I wonder I really do wonder that IF a No vote is reached and come the AGM new officers are elected from the FOCkeRs...........I wonder that if when the going gets tough will they jump ship and resign like they have done so many times in the past when they were originally in office and then once officially out turn around and blame everyone else like they've been doing over the last few months!

don ramo
10/01/2009, 8:59 PM
really jamesd this is anything but a quick fix, but there is no other plan, the so called friends dont have this magical E100K, and i have heard nor seen anything that has swayed my thought on this matter, these friends have no money they dont even have proof it exists, there on about barry pulling the wool over our eyes, there trying to cover ours with 20 sheep
the FAI do have money, and as was said this is the exact same thing that bray done a few years back, and they seem to be doin well in the premiership now,

Redshanks
11/01/2009, 7:52 AM
Jamesd, firstly your thoughts on a future agm is totally irrevelant, if we dont have a club by then. I honestly think the FOCR's havent thought that far ahead.

Secondly- I find it more than a coincidence that you have been on here for as long as i can remember castigating Barry Walsh at every opportunity, and now you just happen to think the fai deal is a bad one (no connection to the focr's).
I understand the club has received a legal writ in the last week or so from one creditor who is aware of the fai proposal, and he has made it very clear that he wants his money now and not in installments over a period of time. So Jamesd, please tell us how the focr's are going to deal with all these creditors with 100k of monopoly money?

If by chance the focrs came to power in the february elections, the place would be closed by April fools day.

Finally Jamesd, your comments again about the man and committee who brought us to this mess. If you really really with hand on heart and the wool pulled back from your eyes, you will admit to yourself deep down that this mess was created over a long long period of time of bad management systems or lack of systems. You all choose to ignore that!

Were you one of the 42 jamesd?

The Rebel Ram
11/01/2009, 8:24 AM
It is being broadcast on 96FM that the FOCR's are going to boycott the EGM today. There reason being that a vote was taken and there is no need to revote.
Is it not true that this was only the second part of the EGM. The first part was to give them a chance to outline their proposal to members!
This has truely shown that they have no proposal and that they would have been out voted by a massive majority.
THIS EGM IS STILL GOING AHEAD.
It has been called correctly and constitutionally and we now need every member possible to attend and vote.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE attend.
The FOCR's cannot hold our club to ransom.
Attend today and vote today and keep our club a democratic club!

Redshanks
11/01/2009, 9:24 AM
Is Captain Bycott and crew finally sailing out the harbour without a paddle, are or all 42 of them stuck up in the Crows Nest?

Looking forward to getting down to the real business at todays EGM.

don ramo
11/01/2009, 10:43 AM
there obviously chealsea fans:o

rambler14
11/01/2009, 10:45 AM
They are an absolute joke and the fact that they are boycotting proves they have nothing.
It's only fair that there is a 2nd vote as last time we only heard one side of the story and today is the chance to hear the opposition in full.

ramblers
11/01/2009, 1:00 PM
BOO!!!!!!

Ramblers till I die me hole!

The way there going on here rams will be well gone before I die if people have there way!!

the sub
11/01/2009, 7:21 PM
did you win the yes vote for e fai propsol

and if so well done, what is your next step

rambler14
11/01/2009, 7:35 PM
Yes vote won by a vast margin. It was overwhelmingly approved by over 2/3rds of the majority. 81-4. 6 spoiled. Well Over the 78 needed!

Next step...........who knows?

the sub
11/01/2009, 8:07 PM
not a supporter as I live in the big city but you will see me a your games from now on and how knows might buy one of voting season tickets.
as i said before this is the only way forward for your club