PDA

View Full Version : Dan Connor (Revisited)

RedX
12/11/2003, 9:33 PM
I have not read the forum for the last couple of days and after hearing the news about Dan Connor on the radio today i am amazed with the lack of talk about it.I honestly reckon Noel Spillane is just twisting comments and has obviously been reading this forum also.But i would be absolutely disgusted if that guy comes to play with Cork City..

1.Does anyone honestly think Brian Lennox would allow that scut join City?

2.Are we that badly off for a goalkeeper with Super Mickey playing well all-season.And even if he was not playing as well as we would like surely we could target some other keeper?

3.If Dolan is seriously interested in Connor he obviously does not know the City fans at all..

I do not want Dan Connor playing for Cork City FC.If there is anyone involved with Cork City out there that reads this forum beleive me i am speaking for most fans i reckon on this.I dont care how good he is(which is nothing special)do not attempt to get him.If he ever walks out at the X in a City jersey i will boo him.He is a scumbag and is DEFINETLY not wanted at our club.Have Cork City gone mad?????

Colm
12/11/2003, 9:47 PM
I would hate to see him playing for us after the level of disrespect he has shown for City fans.
He is a good keeper but Devine is better, we don't need him.
We (the City fans) do not want or need this thug playing for our club.

patsh
13/11/2003, 9:21 AM
I think we've had enough about Connor. He is not worth this much attention.
As regards the Spillage piece, why has Connor got such a good reputation?:confused:
I know he was not to blame for all the goals, but this guy plays for the team that have had 56 goals scored against them so far this season. He can't be that good.
Mickey D has seen 31 pass him. Big difference there.

shedboy
13/11/2003, 12:24 PM
It seems ironic i can remember Devine trying to fight John Cotter in a league cup game a few years back when we was at Waaaateerford. Made him public enemy No. 1 with us for a while however when he signed for us it was all forgotten. However what Dan Connor did was far worse, if he was to come join us and improve the team i'm sure most people would get over it. Still though i hope we stay with Devine!!

patsh
13/11/2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by shedboy
....Dan Connor ........., if he was to come join us and improve the team i'm sure most people would get over it.
Isn't this the point?
Surely he would not "improve the team"?
I feel that Mickey and Moons are certainly as least as good and probably much better than him.

Colm
13/11/2003, 5:06 PM
Originally posted by patsh

I feel that Mickey and Moons are certainly as least as good and probably much better than him.

Spot on, Devine is better, Mooney is as good and of course we have McNulty aswell. On the playing side of things we don't need him and, regardless of that, I for one certainly don't want that piece of lowlife wearing a City jersey.

Éanna
13/11/2003, 5:08 PM
Originally posted by RedX
I have not read the forum for the last couple of days and after hearing the news about Dan Connor on the radio today i am amazed with the lack of talk about it.I honestly reckon Noel Spillane is just twisting comments and has obviously been reading this forum also.But i would be absolutely disgusted if that guy comes to play with Cork City..

1.Does anyone honestly think Brian Lennox would allow that scut join City?

2.Are we that badly off for a goalkeeper with Super Mickey playing well all-season.And even if he was not playing as well as we would like surely we could target some other keeper?

3.If Dolan is seriously interested in Connor he obviously does not know the City fans at all..

I do not want Dan Connor playing for Cork City FC.If there is anyone involved with Cork City out there that reads this forum beleive me i am speaking for most fans i reckon on this.I dont care how good he is(which is nothing special)do not attempt to get him.If he ever walks out at the X in a City jersey i will boo him.He is a scumbag and is DEFINETLY not wanted at our club.Have Cork City gone mad?????
Agree 100% with you RedX. If he joins city, I will make it my mission to drive him out and back under the stone the grubby scum crawled out from.

SÓC
14/11/2003, 9:30 AM
Lets relax a bit lads, yer taking something that Spillage "wrote" seriously. Sure Georgie is going to Longford, didnt ye hear? Even if there is a bit of truth in I dont think he'll sign. I'd say it's more than likely a pull up your socks Mick or we'll bring someone else in.

Dan Connor is a better keeper than Devine, there I said it. He's a cúnt and a lánger of the highest order but a better goalkeeper.

bert
14/11/2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Éanna
Agree 100% with you RedX. If he joins city, I will make it my mission to drive him out and back under the stone the grubby scum crawled out from.

You could move over to the Donie Forde stand and join the George haters:rolleyes:

I'd like to have him in the side. Agree with Sean, he's a better keeper than Devine. He has more presence in the box.

Anyway, didn't he apologise in Switzerland;)

Cityace
14/11/2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by bert
You could move over to the Donie Forde stand and join the George haters:rolleyes:

I'd like to have him in the side. Agree with Sean, he's a better keeper than Devine. He has more presence in the box.

Anyway, didn't he apologise in Switzerland;)

Bert,you are a clown:rolleyes:

bert
14/11/2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Cityace
Bert,you are a clown:rolleyes:

Because why? It's okay for some people to boo City players and not others cos "they" know more about football?

If the manager decides to sign Connor, then we should support Connor as a city player. Otherwise you cannot criticise others for abusing other players.

ConfusedBlue
14/11/2003, 12:00 PM
Dan Connor would vastly improve any EL team,hes the best keeper in the country!!!Devine was a good keeper a couple of years back not now he's not but sure the longer ye keep him there the more goals the Blues get against ye.Devine seems to have a habit of dropping a goal a game our way against ye

tiktok
17/11/2003, 2:01 PM
Connor is a better keeper than Devine. That's all there is to it. Do we need him, maybe not, should Lennox/Dolan try to fill the club with the best starting eleven they can...definitely.
I've no problem cheering him, if i can support Reynolds for a season, i can definitely support Connor.

patsh
17/11/2003, 3:42 PM
Originally posted by tiktok
Connor is a better keeper than Devine. That's all there is to it.
Now, now tiktok, thats just your opinion....;)

Éanna
18/11/2003, 4:43 PM
I make no apologies for what I said about him. The guy is scum, pure and simple. I do not want a player who acted like that to CCFC fans at CCFC. I personally don't think there's much to chose between him and Devine, not enough to make it worth splashing the money anyway. We have other areas in our squad which are in far more urgent need of strengthening than goalkeepers.

Bert- there's a big difference between the georgie bashers and what I'm saying- their actions are based on jealousy or stupidity, I'm basing it on something that happened, and I'm totally unapologetic about that. If he were to apologise publicly to ALL City fans, I might think again, but fundamentally my opinion is - WE DON'T WANT HIM, AND WE DON'T NEED HIM.

DolansWaistcoat
18/11/2003, 4:53 PM
I havent seen enough of Conner to say if hes better than Devine or not, but I have never been filled with confidence with Mick in goal.
As for signing Goram,sorry I mean Conner,no way,100% against it ,he's nothing but an ignorant scumbag.

tiktok
19/11/2003, 9:18 AM
We have other areas in our squad which are in far more urgent need of strengthening than goalkeepers.

wherever you fall on the Connor debate, you can't argue with that statement.

bert
20/11/2003, 9:32 AM

Bert- there's a big difference between the georgie bashers and what I'm saying- their actions are based on jealousy or stupidity, I'm basing it on something that happened, and I'm totally unapologetic about that.

My point was that you can't call for the "gentlemen" in the Donie Forde stand to be removed from the ground for abusing one player, while then turning around and abusing another player - for whatever reason.

Colm
20/11/2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by bert
My point was that you can't call for the "gentlemen" in the Donie Forde stand to be removed from the ground for abusing one player, while then turning around and abusing another player - for whatever reason. I completely see your point Bert but surely you've got to acknowledge that there is a big difference. Georgie is our best player and is loyal and committed to the club yet he still gets abuse from a few idiots, this is unacceptable. Dan Connor is a low life thug who tried to incite a riot in Turners Cross and showed an disgraceful lack of respect for our club. I wouldn't want to see him in a City jersey.

thecorner
20/11/2003, 11:52 AM
I wouldn't like to see the Pri*k in a Cobh ramblers shirt.

ian
20/11/2003, 11:57 AM
A the corner I think that he would do for us he would be a good player.

tiktok
20/11/2003, 1:17 PM
Originally posted by Colm
Dan Connor is a low life thug who tried to incite a riot in Turners Cross and showed an disgraceful lack of respect for our club. I wouldn't want to see him in a City jersey.

But surely as soon as he dons a city shirt the fans should get behind him, once he is a city player (and doing his best for the club) to abuse him would be more or less the same as the abuse that mustachio gives.

in both cases the abuse would be personal, not really related to events as they are unfolding on the pitch.

bert
20/11/2003, 1:50 PM
Originally posted by tiktok
But surely as soon as he dons a city shirt the fans should get behind him, once he is a city player (and doing his best for the club) to abuse him would be more or less the same as the abuse that mustachio gives.

in both cases the abuse would be personal, not really related to events as they are unfolding on the pitch.

My point exactly. Mustachio probably feels that he has a valid reason for abusing Georgie (what I don't know).

As I think thecorner pointed out elsewhere, if Dan wound up the homeless ones while playing for City, he would be a legend.

If the manager feels that Connor would be a useful addition to the team, I for one would get behind Dan 100%.

Éanna
20/11/2003, 2:20 PM
like I said, a public apology would go a long way. like I also said, we don't need him.

ian
20/11/2003, 2:22 PM
come on dan dan dan dan dan dan dan dan dan dan dan dan for city.