PDA

View Full Version : McWalter committed to GAA for 2009

Captain2007
07/01/2009, 10:10 AM
Big loss to UCD ? Paudge has committed to the Wicklow County team for 2009, not good to see good EL player going to GAA,made an impressive debut V Carlow last weekend.:(

pineapple stu
07/01/2009, 10:51 AM
He's been playing GAA for years. Don't know about County level though, though players have played county football and for UCD before (Sherlock, Moran and Hurley spring to mind). Bit of a loss cos he'd be a decent First Division forward, but against that, I don't know if we can afford to keep him.

John83
09/01/2009, 8:24 PM
Is it certain that he's playing only GAA this year? We certainly could have used him this year. He's the only experienced attacker I expected to keep. I hope we hold on to one or both of Fitzie or Timmy now. Having no experienced wingers or strikers isn't ideal if we're going to look for promotion, however gifted the younger lads are.

pineapple stu
09/01/2009, 8:43 PM
Won't be keeping Fitz anyways.

DmanDmythDledge
09/01/2009, 9:44 PM
Won't be keeping Fitz anyways.
Or Timmy.

John83
09/01/2009, 9:48 PM
:ball::ball:

Colie
12/01/2009, 9:13 PM
This is a pity, we're kinda falling apart if all the moves I read about are true. And here was me thinking we were going to breeze it this season!

pineapple stu
13/01/2009, 10:14 AM
We were never going to breeze it. Fungus and Shels were always giong to breeze it with their overspending (E10k + a week).

We had 24 players at training last night. Not too many of last year's first team, bar Gregg and Finn of course. There's a long way before the squad gets finalised obviously. There's only so many places on teams in the league, so players will either find a new club, come back to us on the reduced wage we're offering or drop down to the LSL. I'd imagine you'll find players in each of the three categories.

Colie
13/01/2009, 8:10 PM
I thought we could rought it with the Div 1 Big Boys until Ronan Finn told me himself & Matt Greg were the only 2 left with a contract! What the ....? I'd hate to see us get stuck down here for a prolonged period. I like that "only college club in top flight in Europe" buzz,(if it were true). I'm still holding out for enough clubs to fold or whatever. Maybe we can get back in by default.

John83
13/01/2009, 8:42 PM
I thought we could rought it with the Div 1 Big Boys until Ronan Finn told me himself & Matt Greg were the only 2 left with a contract! What the ....? I'd hate to see us get stuck down here for a prolonged period. I like that "only college club in top flight in Europe" buzz,(if it were true). I'm still holding out for enough clubs to fold or whatever. Maybe we can get back in by default.
He and Gregg were the only players on 2 year deals. This is normal. Last time we went down, I think only Tony Mac was on a 2 year contract.

Bald Student
13/01/2009, 11:14 PM
How's Tony's hamstring these days?

pineapple stu
14/01/2009, 10:15 AM
Better than his penalty taking, by all accounts.

But being Tony Mac's hamstring, I'm sure it could heal itself any time it wants.