PDA

View Full Version : George quite simply the best

Counting Crow
12/11/2003, 8:31 PM
If there was anything positive to take from last night it was the performance by George.

He was quite simply superb.

He ran his nuts off - defended better that the entire back 4 put together, managed, somehow ( despite the worst pitch in the LoI ), to play football and more importantly played for the Club.

Pity the monkeys in the DF Stand didn't see him ( it probably wouldn't change their idiotic minds anyway ) but then they probably don't travel anyway............they're up there with Reynolds and D Connor in my book.

thecorner
12/11/2003, 8:46 PM
hard to disagree with any of that

is behan even related to a footballer:rolleyes:

Ali-G
12/11/2003, 8:59 PM
If there is one good thing that came out of this season it is that we have Georgie signed up until 2005. He is fast becoming the greatest City player of all time.

razor
12/11/2003, 9:05 PM
Originally posted by Ali-G
He is fast becoming the greatest City player of all time.

Ah now lads, hold your horses a minute and lets not be getting carried away with yourselves.

He is 2nd to Patsy in the most skillful ever but we have had lots of greater players.

Give him a couple more years and we'll see.

Colm
12/11/2003, 9:18 PM
Originally posted by Ali-G
He is fast becoming the greatest City player of all time.

He's certainly getting there alright. He's fantastic and we are so lucky to have him signed to a new deal. It sickens me to think that some idiots have a vendetta against him. He entertains us no end and deserves some respect.

TheNorthsider
12/11/2003, 9:54 PM
well said lads thought georgie was one of the only players who tried last nite i think those who abuse george are in the minority and definitely dont go to away matches.thought nwanko did alright when he came in

SÓC
13/11/2003, 9:10 AM
Not sure about the greatest player ever, too soon to say, players like Dave Barry, Morley and Patsy did it over a number of years.

One thing about Georgie, he always gives 100%. Down in Waterford he seemed like the only one trying. Up in Drogs he was the same, he doesnt give up when the rest of the team already have. Sure the man could have gone to Dublin and got more money but chose to stay with us. As the song goes, City through and through.
100% Loyality
100% Commitment
Dont find that in many players today.

Ozymandias
13/11/2003, 9:40 AM
I would hold off on the greatest city player ever plaudits until a few years..

the thing with Georgie is that he is by far the most talented city player...that is a fact and indisputable in my opinion...I think his performances in the last few games have been the one shining light for city.... The thing with george is that he can be brilliant but will also do things that frustrate ya...but that is the package and we have to accept it..but i must say since flynn has got injured Georgie has upped his performances and put it in...hope this will continue.

I sometimes when I am frustrated with him shout "for F**Ks sake George" ..that isn't because I don't rate him its because I expect better from him.....but one thing I do know is that I want him playing for my team COrk City

rebelnorrie
13/11/2003, 10:46 AM
hold up there lads,he is probably the best player of the last few years and im a huge georgie fan,BUT JOHN CAULFIELD,the greatest and most dedicated player for cork city ever,over 400 appearances and about 150 goals,a player that holds the longest time ever spent at a club in ireland and will never be beaten.

Snatch
13/11/2003, 12:35 PM
Georgie is up there with the best of them. I have been an unwaivering Ceorgino fan since his debut against shels last season.
Those who criticise him don't have a great understanding of football. His poise has not been seen in the Cross since Patsy's knees gave in.
However I still think that to get the most out of George he should be played in midfield.

His resigning was the biggest moment for the club in recent times.

"We love you Georgey, because......."

Counting Crow
13/11/2003, 10:07 PM
I forgot to mention also that he is keeping his head also now .......despite the most frustrating run of games in God knows how long.

The Georgie of last season ( or even the start of this season would be getting booked every second match and suspended as a result ). Funny to have the words "mature" and "George" in the same sentence.......:p

He'll probably get sent off tomorrow against Derry now:rolleyes: