PDA

View Full Version : Gazza Documentary tonight

razor
05/01/2009, 11:55 AM
Tonight on Channel 4 at 10pm (http://www.channel4.com/programmes/surviving-gazza)

Neish
05/01/2009, 11:18 PM
Anyone else watch this thought it was a very good show about dealing with addiction. Showing a good family man when sober turning voilent and abusive when drinking

oscar
06/01/2009, 12:02 AM
the man is beyond help.sad really

A face
06/01/2009, 12:31 AM
And to think he was looking to manage City? Lennox shot it down straight away thank god. He is a looper.

tetsujin1979
06/01/2009, 9:46 AM
Missed the first few minutes, but it was compulsive viewing. There was a short interview with someone connected to the documentary on NewsTalk at about 8:30 or so. According to her, it was Paul's idea to record his return to the family home, and his recovery from addiction after leaving the Priory.
As you saw in the show, it quickly became about how his addictions, and instability have affected his ex-wife, and his kids.

shedite
06/01/2009, 10:07 AM
Very sad alright. And not just because it's Gazza, but because there are thousands like him, and thousands of families being affected jut like it.

He has gone beyone help in my opinion. If he's not going to change for his family, what hope does any doctor or rehab place have.

Bluebeard
06/01/2009, 11:49 AM
Only saw it from where he had just scarpered. Interesting show; from the half I saw the fact that it was a big name was treated as though it were quite irrelevant, and rightly so. The really heartening thing was the development of the eldest boy through it - by the end, he did seem to be more his own man.

sligofan4ever
06/01/2009, 12:50 PM
I watched most of it last night, showed how the family really feel when he goes away without letting them know. Its sad to see a once great talent turned out like this after retirement. If he dosen't want help from doctors or family then what hope does he have ?