PDA

View Full Version : Irish Soccer Co-Op?

A face
03/01/2009, 9:10 PM
Does anyone know what was the Irish Soccer Co-Op? What was their aim and what did they get done* and can that be found anywhere now? Or was it just a shop (based in Dundrum in 1993)

* I'm assuming that its long gone now?

gufcfan
06/01/2009, 1:27 AM
Jesus, this turned out to be a popular topic...

I'm interested to know since I've been looking at this topic on the front page for days with no reply...

gspain
06/01/2009, 8:52 AM
I don't remember a shop. Was it used to publish some books on the LoI? Book of Irish goalscorers or maybe the history of the FAI Cup.

dcfcsteve
06/01/2009, 8:58 AM
Jesus, this turned out to be a popular topic...

I'm interested to know since I've been looking at this topic on the front page for days with no reply...

I think a lack of response is more indicative of blank faces than limited interest.

I've certainly never heard of such a shop or organisation before, but would be keen to find out.

A face
06/01/2009, 9:33 AM
I don't remember a shop. Was it used to publish some books on the LoI? Book of Irish goalscorers or maybe the history of the FAI Cup.

That could be it alright, it was in one of the old LOI Handbooks that i saw it.

HarpsinDublin
06/01/2009, 12:04 PM
Does anyone know what was the Irish Soccer Co-Op? What was their aim and what did they get done* and can that be found anywhere now? Or was it just a shop (based in Dundrum in 1993)

* I'm assuming that its long gone now?
The Irish Soccer Co-op published two books on League of Ireland. A history of The FAI Cup by Sean Ryan and Terry O'Rourke and the Book of Irish Goalscorers by Sean Ryan and Stephen Burke.

It wasnt a shop nor was it a representative body of any kind afaik it was merely a vehicle to publish the above works. The Dundrum address was and probably is a private house.