PDA

View Full Version : Tony Hibbert

an_ceannaire
03/01/2009, 3:42 PM
This guy has to be THE worst excuse I have ever seen for a premier league footballer. How in the name of Neville Southall does this guy have a full time professional contract

rambler14
03/01/2009, 6:25 PM
What in the name of Gary Neville did he do?

seanfhear
04/01/2009, 8:10 AM
What in the name of Gary Neville did he do?
I think some one may have lost a girlfriend/boyfriend to Tony:D

bellavistaman
04/01/2009, 3:53 PM
I like Tony Hibbert, tough ******* theres worse out there, and most certainly he couldnt be that bad to start a thread in World Football, sure in the World of Football there are worse right backs than a right back who starts for a top ten team in the premier league, is limericks right back better i ask??

rambler14
04/01/2009, 4:14 PM
sure in the World of Football there are worse right backs than a right back who starts for a top ten team in the premier league,

Gary Neville!

old git
05/01/2009, 9:37 AM
Gary Neville!

poor old gary must be doing something right .. utds / england regular full back for last numerous years .. untill this year.. i would be extremly happy to have the amount to league / cup / european cup medals he has collected :D not bad for a so called terrible full-back :D

Den Perry
05/01/2009, 1:16 PM
poor old gary must be doing something right .. utds / england regular full back for last numerous years .. untill this year.. i would be extremly happy to have the amount to league / cup / european cup medals he has collected :D not bad for a so called terrible full-back :D

I detest Gary Neville, but credit where its due,he has always been a pretty good defender

bellavistaman
05/01/2009, 4:22 PM

na hes a shocking right back:eek:

rambler14
05/01/2009, 7:40 PM
Gary Neville!

As a Man Utd fan I admire Gary Neville for all he's done and achieved but his last injury was the end of him and he really shouldn't have come back because all he's doing is getting in the way!

bellavistaman
06/01/2009, 7:46 AM
A bit like a certain somebody in a thread thats meant to be about tony hibbert!!:D

hunt4the
06/01/2009, 9:08 AM
This guy has to be THE worst excuse I have ever seen for a premier league footballer. How in the name of Neville Southall does this guy have a full time professional contract

Yep for a prem footballer he's a nervous wreck,
I've seen him roasted more times then any other fb
complete bag o'sh*&

gaiscĂ­och
06/01/2009, 9:55 AM
Ah come on now there are plenty of worse defenders in the Premier League than Tony Hibbert. Just because he doesn't go racing up the line doesn't make him a bad defender.

papa-j
06/01/2009, 4:04 PM
Gary Neville!

gary neville = mummys little soldier.:D

complete w@@anker but very good player...in his day.

old git
07/01/2009, 8:45 AM
gary neville = mummys little soldier.:D

complete w@@anker but very good player...in his day.

still have him playing full back for liverpool instead of the 2 clowns there now :D

hunt4the
08/01/2009, 9:38 AM
still have him playing full back for liverpool instead of the 2 clowns there now :D

gary neville doesnt get a game ahead of 2 clowns at utd anymore
messrs o'shea and rafael :D

old git
08/01/2009, 10:57 AM
gary neville doesnt get a game ahead of 2 clowns at utd anymore
messrs o'shea and rafael :D

you forgot the other clown as well wes brown.. seems he is even further down line behind neville . :D.. but you must agree all above mentioned probally better than the 2 at the pool at the moment .. :D

KildareFan
08/01/2009, 2:57 PM
Yep for a prem footballer he's a nervous wreck,
I've seen him roasted more times then any other fb
complete bag o'sh*&

I guarantee one thing you have not seen hibbert do is be roasted. I'd actually rate him as one of the best man markers and tacklers in the premier league. I was at goodison last year when he didn't give Martin Petrov a touch when Petrov really was flying. He followed that up by marking petrov so well at eastlands in february that Petrov ended up getting frustrated and getting sent off.

Hibbert actually looks better against the top 4 because he is a good defender, it's a against teams that Everton should be beating that he struggles because his distribution and crossing is poor.

He had a really good game against Chelsea just before christmas for example in his first game back from injury. He is far from a world beater but equally he is far from the worst full back in the division, he a is a decent back up for Phil Neville.

bellavistaman
09/01/2009, 2:32 AM
I guarantee one thing you have not seen hibbert do is be roasted. I'd actually rate him as one of the best man markers and tacklers in the premier league. I was at goodison last year when he didn't give Martin Petrov a touch when Petrov really was flying. He followed that up by marking petrov so well at eastlands in february that Petrov ended up getting frustrated and getting sent off.

Hibbert actually looks better against the top 4 because he is a good defender, it's a against teams that Everton should be beating that he struggles because his distribution and crossing is poor.

He had a really good game against Chelsea just before christmas for example in his first game back from injury. He is far from a world beater but equally he is far from the worst full back in the division, he a is a decent back up for Phil Neville.

Agree 100%

hunt4the
09/01/2009, 2:05 PM
decent back up for Phil Neville.

If thats all that can be said about you as a footballer you're a disgrace

KildareFan
12/01/2009, 10:59 AM
If thats all that can be said about you as a footballer you're a disgrace

Yeah, 6 league medals, a champions league medal, 50 plus caps for england. Picked by 5 different england managers, highly rated by Alex Ferguson and David Moyes to name a few, neville must be crap:confused:

Neville has been everton's best player over the full course of the season apart from Jagielka and has been so consistent that he has got a goodison crowd who were totally against him back on his side.

You obviously haven't seen him play once this season so why make a stupid lazy comment like that?

rambler14
12/01/2009, 12:38 PM
Phil Neville is better than Gary Neville.

old git
12/01/2009, 1:20 PM
Phil Neville is better than Gary Neville.

:D:D i take it you are having a laugh

hunt4the
19/01/2009, 10:44 AM
Yeah, 6 league medals, a champions league medal, 50 plus caps for england. Picked by 5 different england managers, highly rated by Alex Ferguson and David Moyes to name a few, neville must be crap:confused:

Neville has been everton's best player over the full course of the season apart from Jagielka and has been so consistent that he has got a goodison crowd who were totally against him back on his side.

You obviously haven't seen him play once this season so why make a stupid lazy comment like that?

Correct I havent seen him play live this season,
I have had the misfortune of seeing phil neville ply his trade in the past albeit for united not everton, and in my opinion he's rubbish.

He strikes me as the type of player who'd sit up the top of the team bus with moyes(ferguson in the past) on the way to away games and collect the cones after training just to get a look in :)

DeLorean
19/01/2009, 4:35 PM
I have a lot of respect for Phil Neville. Unlike the likes of John O'Shea and Darren Fletcher he was not content to sit on the United bench week after week claiming to be a part of whatever success his team mates conjured up. Instead he went to a decent Premier Lge club, became their captain and in fairness is a part of something special there.

I agree with whoever pointed out that Hibbert had a really good game against Chelsea before Christmas he put in some massive tackles that evening. It's the only time I've seen him this season.

gustavo
20/01/2009, 8:42 AM
I have a lot of respect for Phil Neville. Unlike the likes of John O'Shea and Darren Fletcher he was not content to sit on the United bench week after week claiming to be a part of whatever success his team mates conjured up. Instead he went to a decent Premier Lge club, became their captain and in fairness is a part of something special there.

Two points

Neville was happy to sit on the bench for a good 10 years untill he was 28 , Fletcher is 24 and O'Shea is 27

also Fletcher is getting a good amount of game time now

anto1208
02/02/2009, 12:14 PM
Tony Hibbert has been outstanding in the last few weeks i was at the arsenal game and he was brilliant didnt put a foot wrong.

KildareFan
02/02/2009, 3:48 PM
There is never a problem with hibbert against the big 4, defensively there are not many better full backs and there is no winger who easily gets the better of him. His problem is when we are playing inferior teams and have plenty of the ball. His weaknesses get shown up then.

DeLorean
05/02/2009, 3:54 PM
Two points

Neville was happy to sit on the bench for a good 10 years untill he was 28

Yes I suppose he did stick it out for longer than I cared to remember...touché

jebus
05/02/2009, 4:43 PM
I've always quite liked Tony Hibbert and assumed this thread would be about how under-rated he is :confused:

RockofGibraltar
05/02/2009, 8:09 PM
I've always quite liked Tony Hibbert and assumed this thread would be about how under-rated he is :confused:

heri thought the same..thats why i came in to read it!

i was at united everton game last sat and i was fairly impressed with tony hibbert to be honest, park ji sung and ronaldo constantly swapped wings for the whole game and neither got much change from him..

at the end of the day a full backs job is to defend the flanks against the wing players of the opposition which hibbert is well able to do..being a good crosser and distributor of the ball is a bonus in my opinion

Pike B
05/02/2009, 9:59 PM
:D
Good one.
Tell us another..

How bout, Lucas. He's good..... :)

jebus
06/02/2009, 3:25 PM
:D
Good one.
Tell us another..

How bout, Lucas. He's good..... :)

It's Liverpool's year I tell ya

Pike B